Spurs (A) 12:30pm Saturday 19th October 2024 Live on TNT

Starting this one now as I've got a busy weekend

Spurs had a big clear out over the summer with Emerson Royal, Ryan Sessegnon, Tanguay Ndombélé, Ivan Perisic, Eric Dier, Oliver Skipp and Giovani De Celso all heading for pastures new plus Pierre-Emil Højbjerg and Bryan Gil going out on loan

In contrast they only signed one player over 23 but that was Solanke

Postecoglou seems to have settled on his best XI with ten players starting the last four Premier League games. The only change has been Timo Werner replacing the injured Son Heung-min for the last two games although Postecoglou hinted that Son might be close to a return in his pre-Brighton press conference. Richarlson is also injured but not expected back this weekend

Vicario
Porro - Romero - van de Ven – Udogie
Kulusevski - Bentencur - Maddision
Johnson - Solanke – Werner

Dejan Kulusevski makes things tick, currently 6th in the Premier League for key passes (3 per game).

Watching the Brighton game Spurs repeatedly created chances by playing into space for the wingers to run onto and it is probably no coincidence that Brennan Johnson has scored in each of the last 6 games in all competitions.

Our best bet might be reverting to Moyesball, defending deep, allowing them to have the majority of possession and hitting them on the counter. Last time we visited White Hart Lane they had 75% possession, 23 shots to our 11 and we came away with 3 points despite going 1-0 down

Comments

• Another good write up Aslef. I would agree that a counter attacking plan would be best but I am a little concerned about asking the team play a different way when they have been trying their best to carry out Lopetegui's vision (although in some matches I had no idea what that was) . It's one of those games that if we can score first they could fall to pieces as they had a lot of abuse after losing from 0-2 up at Brighton.

I always hope we can get three points from Spurs as I don't really dislike any other team but I do dislike them a lot, to the extent there is no other football team they could play and I would want them to win. Aside from the local London rivalry my particular dislike began when I was just a lad and they took my favourite player in Paul Allen from us.

Heart says 0-1
    Head says 3-1
  • Areola
    Wan-Bissaka - Todibo - Kilman - Emerson
    Souček - Rodríguez - Paquetá
    Bowen - Antonio - Kudus

Same as we’ve done this season. Try & get on the ball & take the game to them. We will need to be wary of a repeat of the Chelsea game; pushing too high & pressing badly, as they are very good at moving the ball & have pace in wide areas.
  • Aside from the local London rivalry my particular dislike began when I was just a lad and they took my favourite player in Paul Allen from us.

Very similar position, but it was Martin Peters for me.

1-2 to us
  • Lukerz said:

We will need to be wary of a repeat of the Chelsea game; pushing too high & pressing badly, as they are very good at moving the ball & have pace in wide areas.

Exactly what I thought watching them against Brighton. In the second half Brighton's fullbacks played deeper making Werner and Johnson less effective - Werner made three crosses in the 1st half, none in the 2nd

If we give them too much space on the wings they will make us pay
  • I have a Ryanair flight (no wi-fi) to Sweden at 12.10 so this will be the first game that I haven't been able to watch for over a year :(
  • I have a Ryanair flight (no wi-fi) to Sweden at 12.10 so this will be the first game that I haven't been able to watch for over a year :(

Give it's Ryanair, you should see most of the game before you leave😜.