It's slamming shut. Slamming. Slamming will be a thing of the past.

Comments

• edited August 30
    Postcode v geography 👍
    North of the river.

Postcodes are derived from where the area's original main delivery office was located.
  • Is it my imagination/perception, but are British players signing to European clubs much more than they used to?
  • Certainly feels that way.
  • edited August 30
    The river doesn't run in a straight line, it goes down in a south westerly direction ergo when it reaches Stamford Bridge, it is SW London or W London at most, definitely not NW London hahaha
  • Crumbs. I ve got the BBC transfer reporting on In the background. I seem to be disagreeing with everything Don Hutchinson is saying.
  • The river doesn't run in a straight line, it goes down in a south westerly direction ergo when it reaches Stamford Bridge, it is SW London hahaha

Thank goodness they didn't send you out to map the world in the 19th century 😄😄
  • Billy Gilmour from Brighton to Napoli for £12m. Doesn't that seem like peanuts?
  • MrsGrey said:

The river doesn't run in a straight line, it goes down in a south westerly direction ergo when it reaches Stamford Bridge, it is SW London hahaha

Thank goodness they didn't send you out to map the world in the 19th century 😄😄
    I would have made everything nearer, save on the travelling hahaha
  • edited August 30
    That came out of nowhere!

Can we get an agent's fee?

• So is Soler ours
  • Looks like JWP to Forest on loan is done
  • Crikey. How are the mighty fallen... Zaha to Lyon. Loan for Euro3m
  • Looks like JWP to Forest on loan is done

Yup.
  • And now there's something called the 'deal sheet' which allows players to be signed (?registered) after the window has SLAMMED shut.

Did we know that? is it a new thing? Is it the old thing (all agreed but gotta wait for someone to put in the new roll of fax paper).
  • edited August 30
    So Aguerd to Sociadad apparently! all done says Fab.
  • West Ham have confirmed JWP to Forest & Aguerd to Sociedad.
  • We need Soler in.
    Also as Mrs Grey said, this 'Deal Sheet' is holding up the Cornet deal I think.
  • Soler on loan confirmed I believe
  • Cornet to Southampton done to... I think
  • Its on O.S Solar signed
  • Outstanding transfer window on paper.

Hopefully Cornet goes through with the Deal Sheet in.

Shame Ings didn't get a club. Maybe he will step up if required.

Looking forward to playing Man City tomorrow.
  • Aguerd gone to Real Sociedad for the rest of the season.
  • Can I go to bed now?
  • MrsGrey said:

And now there's something called the 'deal sheet' which allows players to be signed (?registered) after the window has SLAMMED shut.

Did we know that? is it a new thing? Is it the old thing (all agreed but gotta wait for someone to put in the new roll of fax paper).

Deal sheets have been around for a good few windows.
  • So we’re just waiting on Cornet.
  • so i can't go to bed?
  • Not yet 😂
  • It’s been a very good window on paper.

Kilman & Wan-Bissaka are excellent, proven signings. Foderingham a PL proven back-up.

Soler, Füllkrug, Rodríguez, Summerville, Guilherme, Todibo - the jury will be out on them. Only one has played in English football & he’s not PL proven.

On paper a very solid & exciting window but 2/3rds of the signings still carry a degree of risk.

We’ve also done well to move players on. A little short at CB & possibly up top if Füllkrug doesn’t settle.

But overall, very good.
  • Think we all knew we needed a huge summer, this word is overused but a 'overhaul' was what we needed on paper and we've gone someway to doing that.

Obviously there are risks with all the non-prem experienced players we've signed but you have to take some risks. On paper they all seem exciting

Lopetegui had to out his stamp on the squad, and he's been quite aggressive in that regard, but the squad he inherited was small, old, with deadwood and falling apart at the back

AWB >>>> Johnson
    Kilman > Aguerd (on paper)
    Tobido > Zouma (the Zouma of last year)
    Rodriguez = JWP
    Soler >> Downes (on paper)
    Summerville >> Cornet

Plus we've added Fullkrug & Guilherme on top of that, and importantly retained Bowen, Kudus, Paqueta and Alvarez

Think we've done everything we could've done and more, wpudlve liked another centre back and a striker but had we moved on Ings or aguerd earlier we may have got them
  • edited August 30
    MrsGrey said:

so i can't go to bed?

You can now, Cornet to Soton confirmed on the OS.

https://www.whufc.com/news/maxwel-cornet-heads-southampton-loan