It's slamming shut. Slamming. Slamming will be a thing of the past.

123457»

Comments

• That season showed it didn't work when we went it alone, but, as I've said before, I don't see why clubs in other European leagues wouldn't prefer to see their window shut before the season starts.
  • That season showed it didn't work when we went it alone, but, as I've said before, I don't see why clubs in other European leagues wouldn't prefer to see their window shut before the season starts.

Are you saying we thought we could go it alone and cut ourselves off from the rest of Europe and it was subsequently found not to have worked!

• It did work for us to an extent though. Our clubs finished their buying before the season started and the fact the European leagues could still trade until the end of the month shouldn’t have presented a problem as we could have refused to sell after our closing date.
    Where it did cause issues is trying to unload players prior to being able to buy because most PL clubs seem to have to sell before they buy whereas, as we’ve experienced this summer, a lot of foreign clubs seem more intent on replacing a player before letting one go.
  • Aston Villa and West Ham are battling to sign Valencia's 24-year-old Spanish forward Hugo Duro for up to £25m. (Caught Offside)
  • Let them have him and then do a deal for one of their strikers...Watkins I'm sure would love to finally come to us 😁
  • Come on you Precision FC. #oldskoolwavesscarfemoji 🧣

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cp39e0wyqz2o.amp

Former Manchester United and Derby County midfielder Ravel Morrison has joined United Arab Emirates club Precision FC.
  • Has the apprentice moved into reality football teams now? are they playing Achieve FC at the weekend?
  • edited October 2
    Yep, trying to hunt down table topping Synergy 💥
  • I get really annoyed every time I read that Duran has scored again.
  • Just because he's scoring for Villa doesn't mean he'd be scoring for us.
  • IronHerb said:

Just because he's scoring for Villa doesn't mean he'd be scoring for us.

This

We've missed out on a lot of good players, we've also missed out on a lot of players who weren't good enough

Not gonna worry too much about players who don't play for us, just because he scores for villa, moslty as a sub, doesn't mean he would for us
  • Still be injured if he was with us =)
  • MIAHammer said:

I get really annoyed every time I read that Duran has scored again.

Every single goal infuriates me
  • West Ham are interested in bringing former Leicester and Newcastle forward Ayoze Perez back to the Premier League in the hope the 31-year-old Villarreal player can improve their attacking options. (Caught Offside)
  • Thumbs down
  • So he didn't want to leave Villa, he just wanted an improved deal ad we were simply a way to getting it

Well played, sir
  • I am not sure that is the story. He was pictured making the crossed hammers which is something very few would do if angling to stay with a new contract as it can make the fans turn on you. It's often viewed as a tactic to force the selling clubs hand, by saying 'well he can't come back here now anyway after that'.

It was also rumoured that it was us that pulled out of the deal in that we wouldn't meet their valuation so they then said ok less money but include your u21 player. We apparently said no as we wanted to keep him. It appears that they were happy to sell but wanted to achieve a certain amount as they always felt he could do a job of backing up Watkins and was worth more than being offered.

It seems one of those times everyone was right as he was worth what they were asking, West ham and Chelsea were right to try and get him and he was right to say that he should be playing. Luckily for Villa the deals didn't quite get through.

• One thing about Duran is that he’s been very successful off the bench against tired defences and a stretched game. That’s obviously not to say he wouldn’t be great from the start, but we haven’t really seen that from him yet. I don’t think it’s necessarily a case of he would have been good for us because he’s been good for Villa.
  • Whilst that's obviously true, the attributes he has suggest he probably wouldn't have done any worse as a starting CF than the performances we've had from the players we've tried there so far.
  • He does look like the missing link we need at present. A dynamic pacy striker who can make a chance and score from anywhere. We do need give Fullkrug a chance however as the same people who targeted Duran then targeted him so maybe he does have something that isn't obvious from what we have seen so far.
  • Well Fullkrug is not young and not paccy ,Lets hope he at lest knows where the net is
  • He does look like the missing link we need at present. A dynamic pacy striker who can make a chance and score from anywhere. We do need give Fullkrug a chance however as the same people who targeted Duran then targeted him so maybe he does have something that isn't obvious from what we have seen so far.

Tim wanted Füllkrug last summer as well, when he was cheaper and (obviously) a year younger. It feels to me as though we couldn't get who we really wanted, so just fell back to someone Tim likes rather than a good alternative to our first choice (Duran).

Like many I expressed concern at the differences between Duran and Füllkrug when we signed him, especially as it meant we now have 3 CFs, all in their 30s, and that was before it came out that he has a long standing problem that needs careful game management.

Really can't help feeling that Füllkrug is an indulgence too far for Tim.
  • West Ham will price their Ghana midfielder Mohammed Kudus, 24, out of a move away from the club next summer despite interest from Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea. (Football Insider)

Tim wanted Füllkrug last summer as well, when he was cheaper and (obviously) a year younger. It feels to me as though we couldn't get who we really wanted, so just fell back to someone Tim likes rather than a good alternative to our first choice (Duran).

Like many I expressed concern at the differences between Duran and Füllkrug when we signed him, especially as it meant we now have 3 CFs, all in their 30s, and that was before it came out that he has a long standing problem that needs careful game management.

Really can't help feeling that Füllkrug is an indulgence too far for Tim.
    I do agree with your view on all those points buffy, I think the reason we have to wait and see is that Tim was indulged for a reason in that he had been building a good track record and earned the indulgence, lets see if he was right and most people I speak to are wrong, It could be possible and we haven't seen enough of him yet.