It's slamming shut. Slamming. Slamming will be a thing of the past.

Praise be.
Friday deadline day.

Comments

• So Cornet good as gone

Romano saying Notting Forrest linked with JWP

Solar still looking like the guy incoming

Aguerd still linked away

Quiet on Zouma but surely he's gone

Nothing concrete on Ings, Soucek, Coufal, Antonio, Irving etc.
  • Forest in talks with us to sign JWP, which may trigger the Soler deal.

Cornet linked with Palace & Southampton (loan).

Nothing concrete on Aguerd or Ings.
  • I think you only let JWP go in it’s an obligation to buy & we get Soler.
  • Toney going to Saudi apparently, according to Sky Sports News.
  • edited August 30
    West Ham agree deal with Forest for JWP, loan. Deal for Soler now advancing (Romano).
  • edited August 30
    Soler medical this afternoon according to Dharmesh. JWP on his way for medical with Forest.
  • We still ok for HG players?
  • Lukerz said:

We still ok for HG players?

Shouldn't that be, are we still ok for non-HG players? We can have no HG players if we want to.
  • edited August 30
    Ward-Prowse 🔜 Forest (loan, no option/obligation)
    Cornet 🔜 Southampton (loan)
    Zouma 🔜 Al-Orouba (loan)

Soler 🔜 (loan, obligation to buy)
  • Still surprised Lop doesn’t fancy JWP
  • Aguerd news

Wolves want him on loan according to The Wolfpack (Wolverhampton Wanderers Independent Fan channel)

Santi Aouna of Foot Mercato says Al Ittihad have offered £4.2m loan fee with an obligation to buy for £16.8m.

Foot Mercato have also reported interest from FC Porto and Villarreal
  • edited August 30
    Feeling is Aguerd wants a bigger club than all the ones linked. He doesn’t see them as upgrades on us.
  • edited August 30
    Fabrizio has given a "Here we go" for Soler.

• I understand that Soler is supposed to be a good player, but I'm really surprised how quick we are to sacrifice a known quantity in JWP for someone with no Premier League experience.
  • alderz said:

I understand that Soler is supposed to be a good player, but I'm really surprised how quick we are to sacrifice a known quantity in JWP for someone with no Premier League experience.

I wouldn't say letting JWP go on deadline day is a quick sacrifice, more a case of having exhausted other possibilities all window and this is what needs to be done to balance the figures if we want to bring Soler in.
  • The issue for JWP is he has Paquetá, Álvarez, Souček & Rodríguez all ahead of him. The club clearly feel Soler is a better player for the style we want to play, so it’s a swap to a more suitable player (in theory, anyway).

I like JWP & will be sad to see him go but maybe there is still a future for him down the line.
  • edited August 30
    I'll be honest, my feeling about JWP now is fairly similar to what it was when he joined; yes, he's very good at set pieces, but does he really offer enough in open play? Wednesday was a typical example; I kept having to remind myself that he was on the pitch, he was largely anonymous imo.
  • Lukerz said:

We still ok for HG players?

Shouldn't that be, are we still ok for non-HG players? We can have no HG players if we want to.
    Assuming it's Soler in and JWP out, I make us having a squad of 26 that includes Luis Guilherme (who doesn't need to be registered).

The remaining 25 includes 7 HG players (Foderingham, Kilman, AWB, Cresswell, Bowen, Antonio, Ings) possibly 8 if Summerville counts as HG.

If Summerville doesn't count, then we would need to free up one squad space. Likely this will be Cornet to Southampton and/or Zouma to wherever.
  • edited August 30

• edited August 30
    Ex reporting that Cornet is off to Southampton on a season long loan, no mention of buy clause

https://www.thewesthamway.com/2024/08/30/exit-confirmed-exwhuemployee-west-ham-winger-set-to-depart-on-loan/

Sky Sports says JWP is a "straight loan" with no mention of buy clause either

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/31771/12476234/deadline-day-live-chelsea-make-osimhen-move-with-window-closing-at-11pm
  • edited August 30
    Real Sociedad & Villarreal are leading the race to sign Aguerd, but West Ham want a loan with an obligation to buy. Aguerd has rejected the offer from Saudi Arabia & prefers to move to La Liga (Santi_J_FM).
  • edited August 30
    Rejoice!!!

Confirmed at 10am
    Neal Maupay has joined Marseille on a season long loan

However...

Jacob Steinberg of The Guardian says Danny Ings has no plans to leave. With his wages still on our books we might not be able to bring in another striker
  • Toney going to Saudi apparently, according to Sky Sports News.

This is surprising as he is 28 years old and so it's his big chance to test himself in a Champions League club and seek trophies, maybe here or abroad, and he wastes it going to Saudi!
  • Jacob Steinberg again, this time he's linking us with a loan deal for Chelsea’s Carney Chukwuemeka.
  • If we get Soler in then its just about job done as far as the Boss is concerned
  • Shevchenko lol

• Ex reporting that Cornet is off to Southampton on a season long loan, no mention of buy clause

https://www.thewesthamway.com/2024/08/30/exit-confirmed-exwhuemployee-west-ham-winger-set-to-depart-on-loan/

Sky Sports says JWP is a "straight loan" with no mention of buy clause either

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/31771/12476234/deadline-day-live-chelsea-make-osimhen-move-with-window-closing-at-11pm

BBC reporting that Cornet loan includes option to buy.
  • SSN

Palace are also set to sign goalkeeper Matt Turner on-loan from Nottingham Forest and are pushing to bring in Maxwel Cornet on loan from West Ham.
  • edited August 30
    Chalobah being linked now, which would make sense if we lose Aguerd & Zouma