It's slamming shut. Slamming. Slamming will be a thing of the past.

Comments

• Chalobah would be a great signing for us, and provides extra cover at RB and DM. It makes sense to raid Chelsea near the end of the window because they desperately need players out the door.
  • Lukerz said:

Chalobah being linked now, which would make sense if we lose Aguerd & Zouma

No brainer imo

As Alderz says, Chelsea need to shift these guys and even if they didn't, he's a top player who improve the squad massively
  • West Ham transfer update...
    Latest from Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth:
    Carlos Soler is expected in London late this afternoon ahead of a season-long loan move to West Ham from Paris Saint-Germain.
    James Ward-Prowse is having a medical at Nottingham Forest ahead of his season-long loan move.
    Maxwel Cornet is expected to leave on a season-long loan with Southampton pushing for his signing, while Crystal Palace are interested.
    Kurt Zouma is finalising a loan move to Al Arouba.
    Nayef Aguerd is expected to stay at West Ham as it stands.
    However, Saudi interest remains and the Saudi Pro League window shuts on Monday ‼️
  • Have to get a move on with Soler. Not in country yet & window shuts in under 8 hours.

Got a feeling he doesn’t sign & we pull plug on JWP.
  • What happens do they both sign at the same time
  • EXCLUSIVE: Palace considering move for Chalobah
    Latest from Sky Sports News' Lyall Thomas:
    Crystal Palace are still considering a loan move for Trevoh Chalobah from Chelsea.
  • 1 hour 15 flight so should be in London by 5pm
  • SSN - Celtic

They are also exploring a loan deal for West Ham midfielder Andy Irving. However, it’s understood the Hammers are not keen to let the 24-year-old go in this window.
  • I wonder if Lop wants a midfield of:
    Soler - Álvarez - Paquetá

As he seems to favour one DM sitting deeper & two further forward players. Not sure Álvarez will play with Rodríguez.
  • Soler arrives to finalise West Ham move
    Carlos Soler is now in London to finalise his move to West Ham from Paris Saint-Germain.
    The deal is for a season-long loan.
  • Lukerz said:

I wonder if Lop wants a midfield of:
    Soler - Álvarez - Paquetá

As he seems to favour one DM sitting deeper & two further forward players. Not sure Álvarez will play with Rodríguez.

I think it will be opposition dependent; against stronger teams, especially away, I can definitely see Alvarez and Rodriguez starting together.
  • Forest seem to bid for anyone/anything including the Liverpool no2 goalkeeper very recently. But no obligation to buy JWP is not good IMO. A 20+M is not unreasonable.

I really like what I’ve heard about Soler. Comparisons to the way Santi Carzola plays is the sort of geezer we need in the middle especially if/when Paqueta goes
  • https://whu606.com/uploads/editor/25/1bdid7piau9j.jpeg

Never rated Chukwuemeka anyway. Thought he was lousy in Star Wars.
  • Cornet en route to Southampton medical
    Maxwel Cornet is understood to be travelling to Southampton for a medical.
    They are pushing to sign him on a season-long loan from West Ham.
  • So possibly outgoings are:
    Zouma
    Aguerd
    Cornet
    JWP

Incomings:
    Soler
  • edited August 30
    If Aguerd goes I wonder if we'll move for Hermoso who is a free agent so we can sign him over the weekend (or later). Would also provide cover at LB too.
  • Probably not with 4 hours remaining!
  • Lukerz said:

Probably not with 4 hours remaining!

Think free transfers can be purchased after the window ends?

Think the registration deadline is mid-September for the final lists before ot reopens in Jan

Although can't be sure if that rule is still I effect
  • SSN confirms Maxwel Cornet deal has been done with Soton.
  • I'm surprised no PL teams went for Toney, at around 40 mill. even with his past, for me it would have been a decent buy, but perhaps others know stuff, us fans, don't.....
  • And re Soler, depending who you believe there's an option or NO option to buy!!!
  • Big Trev Chabs off to the Palace 🦅
  • I think the bigger clubs, whether desiring Toney or not, aren't prepared to pay 40M for someone who is 29 soon and more crucially can be acquired for no fee next summer. He could go there for a year, take money, kick up a stink and be home in time for next Christmas 😊
  • Ravel49 said:

Big Trev Chabs off to the Palace 🦅

Shame
  • I'm surprised no PL teams went for Toney, at around 40 mill. even with his past, for me it would have been a decent buy, but perhaps others know stuff, us fans, don't.....

He won't be too upset whilst pocketing £50m over 3 years.
  • edited August 30
    Bazshuayi said:

Ravel49 said:

Big Trev Chabs off to the Palace 🦅

Shame
    It's the south/west London ting innit. ;)
  • edited August 30
    It's the south/west London ting innit. ;)

:(
    Palace is SE and Chelsea is NW.

I'm missing your allusion 😣

( Grr, on my phone, can't get the quote formatting thing sorry)
  • Chelsea's ground is actually SW6.