Palace away 24/08 k/o 15:00pm UK

Comments

• edited August 23
    Kuching the Oracle!!!

Along with Trevoh Chlobah Crystal Palace have now been linked with Raheem Sterlng who has also had his shirt number given to another player (Pedro Neto)

Various sources reckon Palace have agreed a £14m deal with Wolfsburg for Maxence Lacroix who will have a medical today

In the other direction various reports that Villa want Jean-Philippe Mateta who has rejected a new contract twice

Daily Mail says that Guehi will be left out of the squad on Saturday

As a side note "Hollywood's Virtual Reality Guru" John Textor is trying to sell his 45% stake in Palace do he can buy Everton

Palace is a bit messy right now
  • 🧐

“He [Álvarez] has been out for a long time, and he is progressing well,” Lopetegui said. “But let’s see tomorrow. Like with all of our squad, we will know more then.”

“We have had some little problems in our training sessions, but maybe these can be overcome. We’re not too sure at the moment, we’re just going to have to wait and see.”
  • Lopetegui is similar to Moyes when it comes to sharing info on injuries

Glasner press conference 1:30pm
  • Talking of Dreamland. I went to see Status Quo in concert at Dreamland Margate last week. I know their music is not to everybody's taste but I like it, I like it, I like it, I like it.

alderz said:

alderz said:

He always seems to score against us so that’s good

Is it nice living in dreamland? 😂🤣😂
  • Guehi to captain C Palace | Andersen, Ayew not in squad
    Oliver Glasner has confirmed Marc Guehi will captain the side against West Ham this weekend despite speculation of a move to Newcastle.
    Joachim Andersen and Jordan Ayew will not be involved and are in "final negotiations" for a departure.
  • So in other words "Loss".

Not sure why, but I'm feeling really positive in the expectation (or maybe just the hope) that we'll see AWB and Todibo bolstering the defence, and either Füllkrug or Summerville coming in for Antonio (obviously Bowen starting up front in the second senario).
  • Buffy, it's just that whenever the opposition seem to be in all sorts of problems and the indications point to an overwhelming win for us, we go and lose.
  • Will Hughes out as he is sick.
  • edited August 23
    Glasner says Will Hughes is ill and had to pull out of training today after 20 minutes. If he’s unavailable then either Cheik Doucouré or Jefferson Lerma would be the most likely replacement, both came on as subs against Brentford
  • edited August 24
    Glasner was asked about his CB options now Andersen has gone to Fulham and if Chadi Riad was ready for the EPL

"Yes he is". "Chadi is ready" “We have him. Rob Holding is fit. Jefferson Lerma can play in the back and did really well. Nathaniel Clyne can also play there"

Best guess

Henderson
    Riad??? Richards Guehi
    Munoz Wharton Doucoure??? Mitchell
    Kamada Mateta Eze
  • C&H reporting rumours that Summerville got a knock in training
  • This will be a very open game. I can see it being high scoring. Palace don’t really sit back, we were very open v Villa & will be until we get a settled side that understands when to press & when to stay in shape.

We need to take something from the game.
  • Best team could well be…

Areola
    Todibo - Mavropanos - Kilman
    Wan-Bissaka - Álvarez - Rodríguez - Emerson
    Kudus - Bowen - Paquetá
  • Although matching up with 3 at the back is a possibility, I think, given that we're still trying to establish a back 4, we're unlikely to further complicate matters going forward by such an experiment. I also think we're unlikely to risk Alvarez from the start given he's not been back in training long.
  • edited August 24
    Same 11 as against Villa

Alvarez back on bench
  • Areola, Coufal, Mavropanos, Kilman, Emerson, Rodríguez , Souček, Paquetá, Bowen ©, Kudus, Antonio
    Subs: Fabiański (GK), Cresswell, Todibo, Wan-Bissaka, Ward-Prowse, Álvarez, Summerville, Füllkrug, Ings

Gutted tbh.
  • Coufal will struggle against Eze

Not sure why, but I'm feeling really positive in the expectation (or maybe just the hope) that we'll see AWB and Todibo bolstering the defence, and either Füllkrug or Summerville coming in for Antonio (obviously Bowen starting up front in the second senario).
    Not feeling positive at all now, really can't believe that Antonio is starting. Was J-Lo not watching last week's match at all?

• I don't get it .
  • Palace make three changes from last weekend
    Riad for Andersen
    Lerma for Hughes
    Édouard For Kamada
  • edited August 24
    To be fair, I am surprised there isn’t at least one change, but I am not too fussed who plays up front for us.

I expected AWB to start. That was probably it. Maybe Soucek coming out. I certainly didn’t expect an overhaul of the 11. We were already disjointed enough last weekend without changing another 2-4 players.

I’m not feeling optimistic, though.
  • He’s making Moyes look exciting 🤣🤣🤣😉😉😉⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • I Think this will be tough. I think Glasner was a great appointment and would have been happy for him to come to us. Their form towards the end of last season was actually top six level. I was also really impressed with Eze during the Euro's as he showed he has a lot to his game now in all three thirds of the pitch.

Let's hope we can show what we can do today and take three points.

• Given the team, I’m assuming we’ll see a strong side in the cup game, and that will be the gateway into the side for the new lads
  • Saving all our new players for the mid week cup game =)
  • edited August 24
    Mateta (£7.5m) has scored in all seven of his home appearances since Oliver Glasner was appointed head coach in Gameweek 25 last season.
    From the FF blog
  • I’m going midweek so at least I can have a look at them 😂
  • edited August 24
    What's the point of making these signings and not playing them. We were so bad last week, it can't get much worse? Why not play them.
  • A great big fat loss for us today.