Palace away 24/08 k/o 15:00pm UK

The James Tom(p)kins derby.

Simply put, Niclas Füllkrug must start 🍺

Over to you’s..

Comments

• Definitely agree Füllkrug should start, Antonio was nowhere near worth a start against Villa. I'd also like to see Todibo and AWB start as well. Let's be honest, these guys were brought in because last season's players weren't good enough, so now they're here, they should be on the pitch.
  • We need to tighten-up defence and need a lively forward line. Coufal was pulled all over the place in the Villa game and Antonio was ineffective. Sumerville looked dangerous in his cameo

My 4-2-3-1 starting line-up wish would be

Areola
    Wan-Bissaka - Todibo - Kilman - Emerson
    Soucek - Rodríguez
    Kudus - Paqueta - Summerville
    Bowen

At least there are possibilities.
  • Areola
    Wan-Bissaka - Todibo - Kilman - Emerson
    Alvarez - Rodríguez
    Bowen - Kudus - Paqueta -
    Füllkrug
  • edited August 20
    Just to add, might be a good time to be playing the Palace with speculation over both their first choice Centre backs leaving (Andersen & Captain Guehi).

Edit: moves might be in the pipeline then or maybe even gone through.
  • I know it's been announced that Alvarez could be in the squad, but I can't see him starting given he's recovering from injury rather than just not quite match fit.
    I think we'll see these players, whether it's a 4-3-3 like:
    Areola
    AWB-Todibo-Kilman-Emerson
    Soucek-Rodríguez-Paqueta
    Bowen-Füllkrug-Kudus

or a 4-2-3-1 like:
    Areola
    Soucek-Rodríguez
    Bowen-Paqueta-Kudus
    Füllkrug

Although, given Soucek's miss-placed pass that led to the corner that Villa scored their early goal from, maybe JWP starts ahead of him, especially with potentially stronger defenders in AWB and Todibo coming in?

So it could be more of a:
    Areola
    Rodríguez
    JWP Paqueta
    Bowen-Füllkrug-Kudus

Tbh, with who we'll likely have available, that's the side I want to see put out.
  • Ravel49 said:

Just to add, might be a good time to be playing the Palace with speculation over both their first choice Centre backs leaving (Andersen & Captain Guehi).

Edit: moves might be in the pipeline then or maybe even gone through.

1 down..

• Fulham held out for 87 minutes at Old Trafford

Six players gone of which the notables are Joao Palhinha to Bayern, Tosin Adarabioyo to Chelsea, Bobby De Cordova-Reid to Leicester and Willian, currently without a club

Only three players in so far, Emile Smith-Rowe (Arsenal £27m + £7m add ons), 24yo CB Jorge Cuenca (Villarreal £5.4m) and Ryan Sessengon (Spurs, free).

Smith-Rowe slotted straight into the starting XI and Cuenca was on the bench although Sessegnon was missing from the squad.

Rumours about CB Sander Berge from Burnley and CB Joachim Andersen from Palace

Starting XI v Man Utd

Leno
    Tete Diop Bassey Robinson
    Pereira Lukic
    Traore Smith-Rowe Iwobi
    Muniz
  • ASLEF, we're playing Palace.
  • 🤣🤣🤣

Copy n Paste for 14th Jan
  • Allllllll-zheimer’s (imagine it sung by Shirley Bassey)

Just got back from a long weekend in Broadstairs with the future Mrs shrugged, had a 7:30am start and got it into my head we were playing Fulham
  • Great analysis. Wrong game!
  • The FA might change the fixture if we ask them nicely....😉
  • Aslef , could it be delayed brain freeze from Morelli's gelato?
  • edited August 22
    I think it makes sense to get the new players involved. The more we leave it, the longer it will take to jel.

Areola
    Wan-Bissaka - Mavropanos - Kilman - Emerson
    Ward-Prowse - Rodríguez - Paquetá
    Kudus - Summerville
    Bowen

Fabiański, Aguerd, Todibo, Coufal, Cresswell, Souček, Guilherme, Antonio, Füllkrug

I’d hold off Todibo another week just to ensure we don’t change 50% of the backline from Saturday, but Wan-Bissaka & Summerville/Füllkrug should come in for me. Ward-Prowse is going to be better equipped to play a passing/pressing style than Souček.

This is a tough game. With City next we could really do with 3 points but it is important we don’t lose. I’d go with Bowen up top, Kudus & Summerville either side & three in midfield.
  • Any trip to Broadstairs isn't complete unless you've been to Morelli's

Anyway...

Palace have had a quiet summer with just two changes to the starting XI last weekend from when we were at Selhurst Park in April

28yo Japanese AM Daichi Kamada (Lazio, free) stepped into the vacancy left by Michael Olise (£45m Bayern Munich) while Nathaniel Cylne was replaced by Marc Guehi who was injured last time we were at Selhurst.

There could be more changes this weekend as Newcastle are rumoured to be close to signing Guehi and as someone mentioned earlier Andersen could be off to Fulham, supposed to be having his medical today

Palace are looking to bring in 24yo French CB Maxence Lacroix who joined Wolfsburg while Glasner was manager. He was subbed at half time in Wolfsburg's cup win over 5th tier Koblenz on Monday.

Against Brentford

Henderson
    Richards Andersen Guehi
    Munoz Wharton Hughes Mitchell
    Kamada Mateta Eze

Palace's two other new signings were on the bench, Ismaïla Sarr (£12.5m Marseille) got 6 minutes while 21yo CB Chadi Riad (£15m Real Betis) was unused

Options for the back three are Nathaniel Clyne and/or Rob Holding who joined from Arsenal last summer but has been plagued with injuries and has only made one appearance for Palace (EFL Cup v Man Utd 26 Sept 2023)
  • 28yo Japanese AM Daichi Kamada (Lazio, free) stepped into the vacancy left by Michael Olise (£45m Bayern Munich) while Nathaniel Cylne was replaced by Marc Guehi who was injured last time we were at Selhurst.

People may remember Kamada from his days at Eintracht Frankfurt, and specifically from when he absolutely ran the show against us in the Europa League semi final first leg, scoring the second goal for them.
  • Evening Standard has linked Palace with three more centre backs, Benfica’s Tomas Araujo, Bayer Leverkusen’s Odilon Kossounou.and Trevoh Chalobah who has had his no.14 shirt handed to Joao Felix.
  • West Ham boss Julen Lopetegui has spoken to the media before his side play Crystal Palace in the Premier League. He didn't give much away regarding team news: "Let's see tomorrow if there are any issues, but for now we have to wait and see."
    On midfielder Edson Alvarez: "He has been out for a while and he is progressing well, but let's see. Until tomorrow we're not going to have a clear view of how our squad looks."
  • He says we’ve had an issue in training today. So looks like somebody has picked up an injury.
  • Another to go
    Player 20mins on Sun

• He always seems to score against us so that’s good
  • alderz said:

He always seems to score against us so that’s good

Surely it makes no difference, you're just kicking the can down the road; he'll just score for Leicester against us rather than for Palace against us 😭😭😭.
  • Only Schlupp, Will Hughes & Edouard to worry about then.
  • Can they even put a team out =)
  • They're sort of an anti-Chelsea.
  • alderz said:

Surely it makes no difference, you're just kicking the can down the road; he'll just score for Leicester against us rather than for Palace against us 😭😭😭.
    I thought about that. By then all of our good defenders will be bedded in, and then nobody will score against us so it’ll be ok
  • alderz said:

alderz said:

I thought about that. By then all of our good defenders will be bedded in, and then nobody will score against us so it’ll be ok
    Is it nice living in dreamland? 😂🤣😂
  • Alderz, have you woken up yet?
  • MrsGrey said:

They're sort of an anti-Chelsea.

Who isn't? 🤷‍♂️
  • MrsGrey said:

They're sort of an anti-Chelsea.

Maybe they have a deal to take all of Chelsea's rejects next Friday, for free. A cunning plan indeed.