Palace away 24/08 k/o 15:00pm UK

Comments

• Mavropanos giving the ball away again leading to a dangerous situation - just like last season.
  • edited August 24
    Decent save by Areola after Coufal was caught the wrong side of Eze.
  • Mavropanos makes me so nervous
  • Palace really coming into the game.
  • Adam Wharton’s really good, isn’t he. Every time the ball comes to him he plays a dangerous pass forward. I’d love to have him in our side.
  • alderz said:

Adam Wharton’s really good, isn’t he. Every time the ball comes to him he plays a dangerous pass forward. I’d love to have him in our side.

He'd probably be on the bench.
  • alderz said:

Adam Wharton’s really good, isn’t he. Every time the ball comes to him he plays a dangerous pass forward. I’d love to have him in our side.

Yeah, I really rate him too. Would have liked us to move for him last summer, even if it had been to loan him back to Blackburn for last season, and was gutted that Palace picked him up in January when we went for Phillips on loan.
  • Kilman’s great. I know we look fairly vulnerable on the counter, but I’ve enjoyed this miles more than what we served up for much of last year.
  • Scary comment just made on my stream, at this point last time around we were 4-0 down.
  • edited August 24
    I really don't see what Antonio offers us anymore. It's like the button to activate beast mode no longer works and so he's a passenger at best, and, at times (eg getting disinterestedingly (pretty sure that's not a word, but you know what I mean 😂🤣😂) shrugged off for Onana's goal last week) a liability.
  • Eze hits the crossbar which could've been goal of the season had it gone in

Some strike that
  • edited August 24
    Lucky, caught napping as they play a corner short, the ball crashed down off the crossbar near the corner of the frame of the goal.
  • No added time, 0-0 HT.
  • alderz said:

Sadly though Alderz, he might be good, but we are giving him way too much space...sounds familiar......
  • Not a bad half. I enjoyed it. Palace are a good side, we’re away, and they’ve had their manager in for six months so they’re a bit ahead in knowing the system properly. Happy with 0-0 at half time, and hopefully some of our lads can come off the bench to make a difference.

I’d like to see Fullkrug, AWB, JCT, and Alvarez on for Antonio, Coufal, Mavropanos and Soucek. Not necessarily at half time, but in the next 20 or so.
  • I think Soucek needs to be replaced with JWP or Alvarez. We need more legs in midfield & somebody comfortable passing the ball & reliable at doing it. Paqueta is too 50-50 with his play & Soucek is not comfortable passing, especially under pressure.

Antonio is not going to get much more time to impress as our number 9. He needs a good start to the second half with his hold up. Midfield is our issue. It doesn’t offer enough protection to our back four & doesn’t get the ball to the front three often enough.
  • I like Rodriguez hardly put a foot wrong .Apart from that shot
  • steve said:

I like Rodriguez hardly put a foot wrong .Apart from that shot

There was a moment that Areola smashed it at him, and at first glance it looked like it rebounded off him and into Emerson’s path, but when you see it again he jumps and cushions the pass to Emerson.

He’s looked awesome.
  • Needs another strong player next to him. Hopefully that will shortly be Alvarez.
  • alderz said:

steve said:

There was a moment that Areola smashed it at him, and at first glance it looked like it rebounded off him and into Emerson’s path, but when you see it again he jumps and cushions the pass to Emerson.

He’s looked awesome.
    That was a very nice touch, it looked like a hack away by Areola as he was being closed down by a player from each side. I do have kittens when we try to play it out from the back under pressure.

• alderz said:

steve said:

He’s looked awesome.
    That was a very nice touch, it looked like a hack away by Areola as he was being closed down by a player from each side. I do have kittens when we try to play it out from the back under pressure.

So do I. I hope we get used to it in time.
  • Kudus on the left still doesn’t quite work for me. Not because he’s not still dangerous, but because he’d be even more dangerous on the other side where Bowen is also at his best.
  • Quality effort by Coufal; he's never scored for us with his right foot, so I'm not sure what the odds with his left woulda been 😂🤣😂.
  • Kudus on the left still doesn’t quite work for me. Not because he’s not still dangerous, but because he’d be even more dangerous on the other side where Bowen is also at his best.

I’d like to see him in the middle with Paqueta back out on the left, tbh. I know Paqueta’s good centrally, but the way he plays he sort of goes anywhere he likes anyway.
  • You know what, Mavropanos has defended well today. If he didn’t have a brain fart 20% of the times he has the ball he’d be some player.
  • Good, first time cross by Antonio, fizzed across the box but it didn't fall to one of our players.
  • alderz said:

Kudus on the left still doesn’t quite work for me. Not because he’s not still dangerous, but because he’d be even more dangerous on the other side where Bowen is also at his best.

I’d like to see him in the middle with Paqueta back out on the left, tbh. I know Paqueta’s good centrally, but the way he plays he sort of goes anywhere he likes anyway.
    Yeah I think Kudus could cause a lot of damage picking the ball up in the middle and running at the CBs. And Paqueta isn’t doing much at the moment anyway (although neither is Bowen)
  • Bowen doesn't seem on it, he needs to be subbed imo.
  • Kilman’s so good. I’m so happy we have him. I always rated him at Wolves.
  • AWB and Füllkrug on for Coufal and Antonio.