Pre-season friendlies - It's a match thread, Jim, but not as we know it

Comments

• The club website has sn article about all the return dates. The only thing I can remember is that Bowen will be the last one to get back.
  • I feel quite sorry for those unused squad members who have lost a months summer rest time and did not even get on a pitch. I would change things up a bit and have no international friendlies, a three week break after the Christmas fixtures and no cup replays at any stage.
  • MrsGrey said:

The club website has sn article about all the return dates. The only thing I can remember is that Bowen will be the last one to get back.

I read somewhere this morning that Bowen and Paqueta are joining the squad this weekend in the US.
  • :+1:
    This was where I got it from.
    https://www.whufc.com/news/hammers-fly-florida-sunshine-state-tour

Players involved at summer international tournaments will return during the Sunshine State Tour, with Vladimír Coufal and Tomáš Souček the first to come back, followed by Michail Antonio, Alphonse Areola, Lucas Paquetá and finally Jarrod Bowen, who reached the final of UEFA Euro 2024 with England.
  • I assume Alvarez may still be injured
  • I read somewhere not sure where that he will miss the first few games of the season
  • Lukerz said:

I assume Alvarez may still be injured

I doubt very much that he'll be back before the first international break (early September) and wouldn't be at all surprised is he's not back before the second international break (early/mid October).
  • So, as it stands, Soucek & JWP it is.
  • Lukerz said:

So, as it stands, Soucek & JWP it is.

Plus Irving
  • Next 2 games available for your viewing pleasure

Sat 4th

• £4.99 for one or £7.99 for both on West Ham TV.

• Pulled up to my hotel in Jacksonville Fl prior to the game against Wolves and what was parked outside - only the team bus, reckon I can blag a ride?
  • woo hoo! Lucky you! Have fun :awesome:
  • Okay, attended an open training session at the stadium and what pleased me most was seeing how the team were clearly having fun with each other, of all the players, the one that seemed to be gelling and interacting the most was Ings, have heard that he is a positive influence and popular in the dressing room and it was clearly in evidence this evening.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, there were about 1,000 fans there this evening and I understand around 20,000 tickets have been sold for tomorrow, the team came out and signed stuff and my wife treated me to a new home shirt for my birthday courtesy of our two boys - all in all a fun evening was had

COYI
  • J-Lo

“It's about the players who are here and putting the focus in them.
    "Three of them arrived on Monday in Tomas [Soucek], Mick [Antonio] and Vladi [Coufal] and the others will return in the coming days."
  • IronHerb said:

£4.99 for one or £7.99 for both on West Ham TV.

Included on my very cheap streaming service 😊, if I can stay awake that late 😂🤣😂.

• edited July 27
    Suggestions that the pitch is flooded and that the match might be called off 😭😭😭, I really hope it isn't, for chicago and all other hammers there.
  • Oh no 😯
  • Team news:

Fabiański, Coufal, Mavropanos, Aguerd, Cresswell ©, Potts, Ward-Prowse, Souček, Kudus, Cornet, Ings
    Subs: Foderingham (GK), Herrick (GK), Kodua, Emerson, Zouma, Kilman, Casey, Orford, Kelly, Scarles, Irving, Luis Guilherme, Earthy, Marshall, Antonio
  • Delayed till 7.30 local time
  • Too late for me. Plus no streams.

• Haaland just scored v AC Milan. Or 'Meelan', as comms bloke insists on affecting.
  • Wine is getting to me. Even on Tampa time here in Canada might only make half time =)
  • MrsGrey said:

Too late for me. Plus no streams.

Suggestions in the match thread on KUMB that there are some free ones, my usual (paid for) site is showing it.
  • edited July 27

MrsGrey said:

Too late for me. Plus no streams.

Suggestions in the match thread on KUMB that there are some free ones, my usual (paid for) site is showing it.
    Not seeing it on any of my free sites. Paying isn't a problem - I could just do the club thingy. But I don't think I'll last beyond KO. #oldnow
  • Wow - planned to get to stadium for pre game tailgate event but the heavens properly opened up which wiped that out - currently in stadium awaiting kick off which has obviously been delayed - sometimes when the gods are against you……..