Management Merry Go Round 2024/25

It’s officially the new season

Comments

• 24/25 .I still thought it was 86/87 =)
  • Got to fancy Chelsea to be the first to sack their manager.
  • My money's on Nuno, I think
  • Can’t see Cooper lasting long at Leicester
  • IronHerb said:

Got to fancy Chelsea to be the first to sack their manager.

That's almost a given Herb, they don't seem to last long at the bridge =)
  • Not going to mention the elephant in the room =)
  • edited July 15
    I suspect Potter may come in for Southgate now the Euros have finished. The FA will probably want to stick with an English manager policy which shortens the list, so Potter may be the best available unless Newcastle suddenly sack Eddie Howe. There were rumours about Lampard but I just can't imagine they had any basis in truth, I certainly hope not.
  • edited July 15
    I think if they stick with only English managers the shortlist will be Potter, Howe and Lee Carsley (I know he played for Ireland, but he’s also English). If they don’t, I would imagine Pochettino will be on the list too. They’d probably test the waters with Klopp as well.

I could also see a world in which they keep Southgate til the World Cup and go after Guardiola in 2026. That gives him this season, and a year off if he wants it.

My gut says it’ll be Southgate staying on, or Potter replacing him.
  • You look at his record and he should stay, but you look at his stubbornness to keep playing Kane when everyone could see he offered nothing and he should go.

I know we reached the final, but you've gotta think that we coulda done that, the way the draw panned out, if any of us were the manager.

Gut feeling is the FA will play it safe and keep him on at least until the next World Cup.
  • I don't think it's stubbornness but rather fear. I think he has the support of the senior pros in Kane and Walker etc and knew to drop them, especially Kane may bring that into question. His main trait is that he is good at morale in the dressing room but this inability to make brave calls against his senior pro's may spoil that. I recall he said how Tony was furious at being introduced with two minutes left, he will lose the younger players if they see ( as I am sure they already are) that he is not selecting on merit.
  • He’s shown with Rooney and with Sterling that he can be ruthless, but we need to see it with one or two others.
  • edited July 15
    I hope he walks and if he does I`ll wish him well
  • I don't think anyone could have predicted that Lee Carsley would take over as caretaker
  • I thought everyone thought he would.
  • Just me then...
  • Looking that way ASLEF 😂
  • Dekkers will be pleased....
  • How long’s Rooney got? 😂
  • Preston sacked their manager after the first game of the season. Outstanding stuff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c990yxd90y5o
  • 😳🤣🤪
    Everton are considering re-appointing David Moyes as manager - 11 years after the Scot left Goodison Park to take charge of Manchester United. (Football Insider)
  • It's what he does. Go back to a club that let him go once already.
  • It’s Football Insider although Daily Mail also ran the story on Sunday stating that Moyes “is available after leaving West Ham and is based in the North West”
  • Hopefully he gets the job and rushes to buy Ings and Aguerd!
  • That would be a good appointment for them, not so sure for him however unless he knows of a takeover and funds being made available as their squad is not great.
  • I hope it's true for Moyes. He deserves another go in the Prem
  • edited September 5
    The dream is that he takes over from Pep and makes Man City play a low block counter attacking style 😁
  • The dream outcome for him is that he returns to his first big club, rescues them and then takes them back into Europe before retiring. The nightmare is he struggles and gets them relegated, undoing the elevation his reputation rightly received after three successive European campaigns with ourselves.