Palace (A) 3pm Sunday 21 April (not on TV)

Comments

• Paqueta has such talent, but he is a showboater and IMO cheat.
    Get as much as we can for him and reinvest in honest professionals.
  • edited April 21
    MIAHammer said:

You’re complaining because you feel Hughes should have been sent off.

No, I complained at the time too. Long before he got his actual booking.
  • In goes number 5. Our biggest hiding of the season, so far, coming. Not sure it will end up as our biggest.
  • Well, that's that then.
  • Here’s the thing. I don’t really care too much about losing. We support a team that has a history of losing, it’s not the end of the world. But I was really proud in defeat on Thursday night (I know we drew, but you know what I mean). This is just appallingly bad. There’s no guts in this showing whatsoever.
  • Palace feeling sorry for us. Going to take off Olise and Mateta.
  • 3 of the goals scored from the centre of the box. Who's meant to be defending?
  • We’ve been pretty poor whenever we played after a European match. We just don’t have a big enough squad to handle so many matches.
  • Why don’t we just bring on Ings, Cornet, Phillips or a couple of kids. No reason to not.
  • edited April 21
    Ings and Phillips coming on. Although I'd like to see some minutes for one or two of the kids, it's not really fair on them to make their debut at 5-1 down. Antonio and Alvarez off.
  • MIA the size of the squad is not a major issue. We have more than enough players to be able to play twice each week. What we don’t have is the level of quality to be able to rotate in games and not weaken the side. We can’t afford to have like for like players of equal quality for each position and clubs that do eg City, Liverpool etc struggle to keep them all happy.
  • It's felt as though Paqueta's head hasn't been here for a few games, at least since the first leg against Leverkusen; perhaps he expects not to be here next season and it's affecting him.

Based on his recent performances will Man City be willing to stump up the release fee.
  • Could easily have had another.
  • Why can’t we defend?
  • Can't believe Moyes is bothering to give instructions to the player about to come on, it's a bit late for that Davey boy.

Cornet on for Kudus.
  • Today we can’t seem to do anything, but paucity of our defence this season has been striking. We only seem to defend well if we go completely backs to the wall and don’t leave our 18 yard box. Considering we set up to be pretty safety first most of the time, it’s quite troubling.
  • 18 attempts to our 4.
  • From the BBC:
    "Kudus is caught offside (for the umpteenth time)"

And another "shot from the centre of the box".
  • Emerson down injured as soon as we’ve made our final sub 😂
  • From the BBC:

Officially, Kudus was offside three times.
  • Busy summer needed
  • edited April 21
    Lol at our second goal.

Shame we don't get a howler like that when it counts for something.
  • I think Cornet made that happen.
    I genuinely think that he could play up front.
  • The only truly amazing stat is how they have only scored five, fab has made a couple of saves and there were at least three other decent opportunities where it appeared easier to score.

Somehow we ended up scoring two and truthfully Antonio should have scored another but in all honesty, a scoreline of 5-3 would not have told the story of this game.
  • Cornet flagged offside in a close decision, his shot was saved anyway.
  • Busy summer needed

That’s very worrying trying to bed in so many new players.
    Especially with a new manager 🤞
  • 5-2 and that score was flattering to us.
  • alderz said:

From the BBC:

Officially, Kudus was offside three times.
    Picky ;)
  • Forget about 7th place. We’ll be lucky to finish top 10.