Back in (the) Black (Forest) SC Freiburg 8pm Thurs 7th March (live on TNT Sports 2)

1235»

Comments

• Someone mentioned the ref was the guy we had in Frankfurt.
    #justsayin

It we’d had one shooting boot on we should have won comfortably, which I think we will next week. Shocking penalty decision, thought he was playing volleyball. Not sure they had more desire but they played on the front foot. As in the previous games they run out of steam after an hour.
    It was nice to be in a proper terrace with crush bars, just like the good old days. 😎 ⚒
  • It was either a penalty or a free kick to Freiburg for a push. The ref gave neither. Moyes brought Antonio on too late. Paqueta was tiring and a change of attack would have been good
  • IronHerb said:

Someone mentioned the ref was the guy we had in Frankfurt.
    #justsayin

Someone was wrong

Frankfurt was Jesús Gil Manzano, last night was Alejandro Hernández Hernández
  • It may end up doing us a favour as Moyes will have to set up to score rather than not concede and we are always at our best going forward. There have been so many times we have only come alive when going behind, so next weeks match we begin from that position which may help us.
  • edited March 8
    Frankfurt was Jesús Gil Manzano, last night was Alejandro Hernández Hernández

So good they named him twice
  • Unimaginative parents?
  • My mistake. 👍

Mind, he weren't much better.
  • edited March 9
    I am surprised by some of the reaction to the game (not saying on here). The game was a 0-0/1-1 game. We were sensible in our approach. I am not sure anybody can argue we were too cautious given we’ve lost 3 games/ties in 3 seasons of European football; it’s how we play & it usually works (a semi final, winners, last 16 again).

The goal we conceded was a sloppy piece of play from Alvarez. We had a few chances to score ourselves & I still believe we should have had a penalty at the death.

However, despite all that, we have a second leg to turn it around. Had we lost by a couple of goals I’d agree it would have been a poor result, but I am still confident we go through.

3 points tomorrow & we’re well set up for a 1/4 final place.
  • I agree Lukerz, I think it's frustration speaking from many, and understandably I guess as I think most saw that we were in control, the better team with the better chances yet still lost. The team have the opportunity to put it right next week I think they will do just that.