Spurs vs West Ham - Thurs 7th Dec - 8.15pm ko (Amazon Prime TV)

Comments

• Bazshuayi said:

(Hoping there's an appropriate commentary of the game at wearetottenhamtv soon)

I must admit, it felt like they started in this game how they did in that one, but fortunately we managed to limit them to just a single goal this time.
  • Cracking finish by Bowen on his weaker foot.
  • I think there's a big question to be answered about why we often look so laboured and without a plan when we can play the way we did the second half. A lot of energy, moving the ball quickly, throwing bodies in front of everything. It was a proper well-rounded performance in the second half, and we really need to work out a way of making that the way we always play.
  • Just watching the post match bits, interviews etc

Ange is actually a lot less engaging that he had seemed in the very few clips I'd seen previously.

I like him a lot less than I thought I did.
  • Not what I was originally hoping for but beggars cant be chosers. I started to take the most interest about 8minutes 30 secs in to it...

• MrsGrey said:

Just watching the post match bits, interviews etc

Ange is actually a lot less engaging that he had seemed in the very few clips I'd seen previously.

I'm amazed you can even understand his aussie/greek mumbling. =)
  • MrsGrey said:

I think losing like they did tonight would take the energy out of most people, tbf. I like him, tbh
  • Got to give credit to the lads for keeping at it but 2 large slices of luck determined that alongside Spurs being incapable of putting away chances.
  • alderz said:

MrsGrey said:

I think losing like they did tonight would take the energy out of most people, tbf. I like him, tbh
    Fair enough. I just didn't like that he at no point looked at the camera (interviewer).
  • Got to give credit to the lads for keeping at it but 2 large slices of luck determined that alongside Spurs being incapable of putting away chances.

True. But I really don't care. We won.
  • MrsGrey said:

I'm amazed you can even understand his aussie/greek mumbling. =)
    Well. I think he's completely articulate and understandable.

If nobody else can understand him, I must be some kind of genius ... :p
  • He’s better in the pre-match stuff. He never seems to make eye contact in post-match interviews.
  • Shout out to Emerson. Guy has been superb all season.
  • West Ham have won five of their past six fixtures across all competitions while Tottenham suffered their fourth defeat in five and have not tasted victory since October.
  • That's a quote from bbc
  • Is that the 7 straight way game Bowen has scored
  • What a strange game, for the last 30mins, I could not tear my eyes away from the screen yet for the first 30mins, I could hardly bring myself to look at it
  • Funnily enough this is the type of game where our default game plan may well pay dividends - for me I do not think we can realistically go toe to toe with them in an open game so the strong defence and counter attack strategy seems the way to go.

They are not exactly on fire themselves right now and assuming they find us difficult to break down, I see them getting frustrated and making a few mistakes.

i am actually very hopeful that we can get something out of this game, 1-2 to the happy hammers

Nurse!! :-)

Just saying 🧐
  • After several highlight reruns I'm in that feel good state of mind. There really is nothing sweeter than beating Spurs and hearing the subsequent whinging (younger bro is a Spurs fan hahaha)

The JWP stat (of him scoring more goals vs Spurs than any other club) makes me like him just that little bit more :)
  • I think this epitomizes how we feel about our 2nd half!

Now that’s how you play! From now on, that’s how you play!

• In the words of the late, great Robert Palmer-
    “Woke up laughing “.
    ⚒❤️
  • From BBC comments
    "Spursy have been really poor since they won the league back in October"
    🤣🤣
  • Funnily enough this is the type of game where our default game plan may well pay dividends - for me I do not think we can realistically go toe to toe with them in an open game so the strong defence and counter attack strategy seems the way to go.

They are not exactly on fire themselves right now and assuming they find us difficult to break down, I see them getting frustrated and making a few mistakes.

i am actually very hopeful that we can get something out of this game, 1-2 to the happy hammers

Nurse!! :-)

Just saying 🧐
    Thats some nurse you've got there!
  • Bowen's goal last night was his 50th for West Ham.

He's got 9 for the season so far, making him the current top English goalscorer in the PL.

He's also scored in 7 consecutive PL away games (that he's played in).

What a signing he's been.
  • That was a crazy game. We were so bad first half. Looked better second half but the goals were both so lucky. I had to turn off after we went ahead cos I was sure we’d blow it, but somehow we held on. Amazing!!
  • The thing with Bowen and Kudus is it feels like we've always got a chance of scoring, regardless of how well the team is playing.
  • edited December 2023
    MrsGrey said:

alderz said:

MrsGrey said:

Fair enough. I just didn't like that he at no point looked at the camera (interviewer).
    But isn't every interview with him like that? He looks down and mumbles. I have a real problem trying to understand what he's saying.
  • Ok, I've not seen more than a few interviews. The ones I saw ( maybe was just clips?) he always seemed quite genial and hail-fellow-well-met.
  • MrsGrey said:

Ok, I've not seen more than a few interviews. The ones I saw ( maybe was just clips?) he always seemed quite genial and hail-fellow-well-met.

Thanks MrsGrey, you just sent me down a right rabbit hole there with "hail-fellow-well-met" 😉. Naturally I had to look up the origin of it.
  • 😂 it's always interesting when something one person thinks is totally normal turns out to be unfamiliar to someone else. I wouldn't have thought it was a phrase to raise any eyebrows, tbh.

A salutary reminder to not make assumptions!