Luton (A) Friday 1st September 8pm Sky

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

If you bring on a player that requires you to change formation, and puts a non-striker in a striker position, surely that 2 bad things at the same time?

That's all very logical, but Kudus is new and shiny.
  • Zouma winding up the crowd after they've been booing him all game.
  • Kudus gets 4 mins. Awesome.
  • And Luton score.
  • So that was a good substitution.
  • alderz said:

They’re probably right though

Alderz where's your MOTM thread or are you delegating again?
  • Commentators are desperate for Luton to equalise.
  • Then nearly a penalty.
  • We escaped one there Could easily have been given as a handball there by JWP.
  • Top of the League.
  • But, in reality, not a thing at this stage of the season.
  • 10 points from the opening 4 games is fantastic, especially when 3 were away games and we've played Chelsea and Brighton.
  • 10 points from the opening 4 games is fantastic, especially when 3 were away games and we've played Chelsea and Brighton.

At this rate we'll be safe halfway through the season :)
  • So much for “Moyes can only play one way”.
    How much possession did we have?

Happy days.❤️⚒
  • Did we get away with the JWP possible hand ball??…
    Anyhow top of the league without playing very well tonight IMO…
  • 3 welcome points but we were not at our best tonight. Antonio looked very leggy. Benarahma had a few shots but they were all off target. Towards the end we seemed vulnerable to Luton's long-ball game as seemed to miss Soucek's height. Still, onward to the next game.
  • I think it should have been a penalty but your luck is in win you're winning games.
  • edited September 2023
    10 points closer to 40!
  • Bowen’s on fire.

And...
  • Swiftly in on my lunch break (after refreshing my phone numerous times before lunch break) just to say 10 points and top of the league!!!

#Boo@ManCityinadvance
  • edited September 2023
    Really great result and overall performance, especially for most of the 2nd half, however, west ham being west ham were so close to chucking it all way with 5 mins left.

I think their goal was the the result of complacency and you just cannot turn off at this level, and for me, we were really lucky to get away with that penalty,I understand how the Ref missed it but once you see it it on VAR, I cannot understand why it was not given.

10 points, 3 wins and a draw in the first four is waaaaay beyond my expectation so I am one happy chappy
  • 10 points from 4 games is definitely not the West Ham way! It also means I have to stiffle any Moyes Out comments (temporarily)
  • 10 points is quite amazing, I'd have been happy with 6 and really pleased wit 7. With two of the hardest matches of the season up next it's good to have points on the board but hopefully we can get a point or two even and really begin to build some more momentum.
  • Not at our best ,But 3 away points is always welcome against anyone .stupid international break up next .But could work for us with City up next
  • I think Luton will really struggle this season and I don't think I have seen a newly promoted team more out of their depth.
  • Hammers just not comfortable with being the Big Team. They're back to being the Little Team next two fixtures, in their comfort zone again 😁
  • Not sure if it was mentioned but some excellent play from Alvarez in the lead up to our 1st goal 🇲🇽👏🏻⚒️
  • How nice to be in a position where the team never bothered getting out of third gear, played poorly, and still won! That’s Man Utd. levels right there! My worthless points:
    1. Alvarez -talk about finding your feet quickly!
    2. Areola needs a clean sheet for his own sake. It’ll give him the tiny bit of confidence he’s lacking.
    3. Bowen seems very comfortable as a striker.
    4. Luton’s little ground is lovely.
    5. Ross Barkley is looking a lot fitter than I remember.
  • On the game, I thought - like secrethammersfan said - we never really needed to get out of second gear. It’s reassuring to me that we had the quality to break down a very defensive side without it only being from set pieces. My big gripe though is that we’ve not managed a clean sheet yet, despite defending well in most games so far.
  • Pretty decent performance I thought in difficult circumstances. I thought we were mostly comfortable but it’s West Ham so we came so close to throwing two points away at the death. If that penalty claim had been us we would all be furious that we didn’t get the decision.
    Still, top of the league eh?😎