Pre-Season games 2023-24

Comments

• Mubama reminds me a bit of Antonio, yknow. He's a hard runner, strong, decent in the air. I think he's a very capable option for us.
  • Good first half, that. Spurs had plenty of the ball, but we've looked dangerous on the counter.

Fabianski has made some excellent saves and look in great form. Potts has done well in the middle, and Mubama really hasn't looked out of place against a strong Spurs team.
  • IronHerb said:

We may be reactionary but the Spuds are still delusional. ๐Ÿ˜‚

They're in absolute pieces.
  • ASLEF, I think itโ€™s three as Porro was at Tottenham last season. ๐Ÿ‘

Indeed, joined on loan January

He was on the bench against us so obviously he didn't register on my consciousness
    Apparently Porro is playing today...

...but he still hasn't registered on my consciousness
  • You think this place is reactionary. I just had a read of the Spurs Twitter page after that second goal went in...

IronHerb said:

Have I stumbled onto a psychologists forum?
  • You think this place is reactionary. I just had a read of the Spurs Twitter page after that second goal went in...

IronHerb said:

Have I stumbled onto a psychologists forum?
    Only in this thread. In the other thread weโ€™re doing linguistics.

• West Ham fans laughing too loud?
  • Zouma hobbling.

Same as it ever was.

• West Ham fans laughing too loud?

West Ham are having trouble with their feed too but ours cost ยฃ5 and Spurs ยฃ45.
  • Zouma hobbles even when he is fit.
  • Outcast said

Only in this thread. In the other thread weโ€™re doing linguistics.

Mate Iโ€™m too old for jumping about in gyms. =)
  • 2-1.

We've been well off the first half performance so far. Relentless Spurs pressure eventually pays off for them.

Scamacca and Swyer have come on for Mubama and Ings but haven't been in the game.
  • SACK THE BOARD! SACK THE MANAGER! SACK THE PLAYERS! THIS CLUB IS A JOKE!
  • 2-2.

Need some time on the ball here.
  • alderz said:

SACK THE BOARD! SACK THE MANAGER! SACK THE PLAYERS! THIS CLUB IS A JOKE!

Seconded.
  • Spurs made a lot of changes at half time. We've only made three into the second half and it tells; those that started are looking tired.
  • edited July 2023

Zouma hobbles even when he is fit.

It is kinda a worry though, you wonder if we'll get more than a couple more seasons out of him. It's another reason why buying Maguire would be a mistake; having spent decent amounts on CBs in the last 2 windows we need to buy another one this summer (to replace Dawson) and next (to replace Ogbonna), we could then be faced with replacing Zouma in the summer after next, and then Maguire the summer after that. Apart from the lack of continuity, we're not in a position to trump up ยฃ30m every summer just on a new CB who we'll then end up offloading for nothing.
  • edited July 2023
    Scamacca, 3-2. Paqueta-esque throughball by Fornals for the assist.
  • Scamacca restores the lead. Lovely through ball from Fornals and Scamacca buries the 1v1.

Good goal, that.
  • We bemoaned our lack of composure in front of goal a lot last season; 4 shots and 3 goals today.

Spurs have had something like 24 attempts for their 2.
  • 3-2 FT ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
  • edited July 2023
    It finishes 3-2 to West Ham.

Would be hard pushed to say we deserved the win, if we're being honest, but we were a lot more clinical than we have been in the past so all in all a good performance.
  • I really believe in Scamacca and would love Moyes to really back him as our first choice striker. As in, stick with him for 10-15 games and let him develop an on-pitch relationship with Bowen, Paqueta etc.
  • Really nice goal, btw. Not what you'd typically expect from Scamacca, on the shoulder and running through one on one.
  • I really believe in Scamacca and would love Moyes to really back him as our first choice striker. As in, stick with him for 10-15 games and let him develop an on-pitch relationship with Bowen, Paqueta etc.

Antonio will probably only get the last two pre-season games, so Scamacca should be ahead of him in terms of fitness if nothing else. I actually thought Mubama was better today, but I don't think Moyes would throw him into a PL campaign straight off so I do believe this is Scamacca's opportunity to make the shirt his.
  • alderz said:

Really nice goal, btw. Not what you'd typically expect from Scamacca, on the shoulder and running through one on one.

Yeah, lovely first touch and unlike with Antonio in a 1v1, I had every confidence that Scamacca would score.

Doesn't do a great deal off the ball to be fair, but is very good with it. Hope he stays and bangs in 20 this season.

Antonio will probably only get the last two pre-season games, so Scamacca should be ahead of him in terms of fitness if nothing else. I actually thought Mubama was better today, but I don't think Moyes would throw him into a PL campaign straight off so I do believe this is Scamacca's opportunity to make the shirt his.
    I like what I'm seeing from Mubama, even though it's likely too early for him.

Given his age, Antonio must be very near the end of his PL career - although towards the end of last season he showed some good form.
  • alderz said:

Really nice goal, btw. Not what you'd typically expect from Scamacca, on the shoulder and running through one on one.

Paqueta's pass is much more difficult than it looks, too, and with his weaker foot.
  • edited July 2023
    *Fornals ๐Ÿ‘