Other matches Sat 13th, Sun 14th and Mon 15th May - Happy Paraguayan Independence Day!

Comments

• Their Forest game is meaningless now so odds on Forest for 3 points now.

Odds on!
  • Typical Brighton lose to Forest & Everton but are able to beat Manchester United and Arsenal. I suppose we should take it as a compliment that their players are able to raise their game when playing the top teams. =)
  • A.Z already 2 up in there game ,only 20 mins in ,won't be easy over there
  • edited May 2023
    It's now 4-0 but it is 3rd v 16th in an eighteen team division.
  • It’s 5-0 at half time. They are no mugs but I hope they get all the goals out of their system tonight and have none left for Thursday.
    They are very strong at home and I think we’ll do well to get through.
  • Our away form isn't great either, so this will be a tough game on Thursday.
  • Our away form in Europe is excellent.
  • IronHerb said:

Our away form in Europe is excellent.

You are right of course, but admittedly against very average teams, would you accept that?
  • Yes, but that is the competition we're in. I don't regard any game as easy but Alkmaar are doing well in an average league. We are having a struggle in an elite league.
    I expect us to win on Thursday .
  • A draw would suit me =)
  • AZ lost the second half 1-0. All is not lost.
  • steve said:

A draw would suit me =)

That's my fallback position. 😎
  • They ran out of steam again.
  • No sense of humour these gooners, I was verbally assaulted for singing today.

It was .........
    Always look on the Brighton side of life.
  • There are probably more than one reason for Arsenals slip in the race. They're young and relatively inexperienced in coping mentally. They've played great football which has been a pleasure to watch most of the season. I think the run of draws that saw them lose their lead could've coincided with Saliba's absense. They were scoring without too much issue ut also conceding a fair few. I for one am grateful they at least made it interesting at the top before Citys inevitable taking over. It must have been an excellent ride for their fans for most of the season after being knocked down the pecking order for a few years
  • Ohhh and come on Liverpool today (more than I usually want them to do well)!!!
  • Bazshuayi said:

Ohhh and come on Liverpool today (more than I usually want them to do well)!!!

Didn't think I'd ever agree with you about Liverpool 😂🤣😂.
  • edited May 2023
    Leicester v Liverpool; potentially one of the most uneven Monday night games since 64AD Christians v Lions
  • So you're not seeing it as the c.11century BC clash between David and Goliath then?
  • Nah, Leicester don't have the tactical guile to beat Liverpool

David stood off the opposition, didn't press and took long shots. No point lobbing crosses into the box as he could never beat Goliath in the air
  • edited May 2023
    A win for Leicester would put massive pressure on us against Leeds. We would not want to go into the Leicester away game needing something. Leicester have a pretty identical GD to us. Forest now have Arsenal (nothing to play for) & Palace next. Everton have Wolves & Bournemouth. Leeds end with Tottenham.
  • I like Leicester and I prefer they stay up, but now I have to root against them because we are so bad 😢
  • This Leicester team Looks pretty good on paper .,Bit like we do don't know why they are down there either .As someone said it,s a funny old game
  • I like Leicester and I prefer they stay up, but now I have to root against them because we are so bad 😢

Leicester have clackers so they deserve to drop.
  • Liverpool take the lead.
  • Anyone getting twitchy, only 2 shots from L'pool - and as I type they score =)
  • Ok we're safe
  • edited May 2023
    2-0.

Looks offside though. Or maybe not, the back foot of Evans just plays him on. Goal stands.
  • edited May 2023
    IronHerb said:

Leicester have clackers so they deserve to drop.

Surely clackers were two plastic balls on a string popular in the early 1970s until some kid broke their wrist

Officially Leicester have clap banners but the fans call them clappers. They first appeared at Leicester on 4th April 2015 when we were visitors and they were 20th. The club place 30k free clappers on every home seat, they won their first game since January, they carried on distributing free clappers at home games and they finished 14th

In August 2022 Leicester announced they would not be handing out any more clappers as they cost £12k per game. So any clappers you hear now are leftovers from previous seasons that will hopefully disintegrate with time

Or get sold on eBay for a ridiculously large amount of dosh to some Japanese collector
  • Why bother with VAR for the scousers, they are NEVER offside 🤬🤬🤬