Other matches 15th, 16 and 17th April

Comments

• Richarlison shoulda won it for Spurs, heads wide with a more or less free header from a corner.
  • Now Bournemouth score.
  • As much as we needed a spurs win I can't help but smile
  • edited April 2023
    Dreadful result for us, both in terms of the bonus 3 points for Bournemouth now, and how confident they'll feel playing us next weekend. I'm happy enough for Bournemouth to avoid relegation, but not at our expense.
  • 4 wins in 6 games for Bournemouth
  • Tottenham.😡😡
    Ooh I could get myself banned .
  • Spurs, yet again proves we cannot rely on other scores...
    Sorry Ham, but nothing about that result makes me smile.....
  • Can we make an offer for Diego Costa, whoever he plays for? =)
  • edited April 2023

Spurs, yet again proves we cannot rely on other scores...

Really doesn't bother me. Bournemouth won't be going down they've shown too much recently. Will be out of us Leicester, Everton, Forest and Leeds. Saints down.
  • I see Bournemouth as one of our must wins. They're in pretty decent form and we could be in a bit of bother if we don't get something from them.

The good thing is safety is entirely on our hands. I just don't trust us not to drop it.
  • Hamstew said:

Really doesn't bother me. Bournemouth won't be going down they've shown too much recently. Will be out of us Leicester, Everton, Forest and Leeds. Saints down.
    Let's hope you are right, and the last place going down isn't between us and Bournemouth......
  • Yet another reason if we really needed one to dislike spurs
  • City 1 up already
  • edited April 2023
    City beating Leicester inside 5 minutes, let's hope they see it through better than Spurs.

Now they've got a penalty after a VAR review.

Haaland scores, 2-0.
  • And now 2 up
  • I think Costa got them both =)
  • steve said:

I think Costa got them both =)

Is that a perfect hat-trick, scoring for 3 separate clubs? There was me thinking it was left foot, right foot and header, silly me.
  • Can we just forfeit the city game and take the 3-0 defeat
  • Hamstew said:

Let's hope you are right, and the last place going down isn't between us and Bournemouth......
    I hope I am but I rarely ever am.
  • Terrible result at Spurs as they choose this weekend to go all Spursy again.

Teams are now beginning to pull away now. Palace are now clear but we can hope under this new run of form they beat the teams around us in their other games to come. Wolves look to be clear also and 38 points well within sight.

I think if either ourselves or Bournemouth take three points from our match I would be confident of that team staying up.
  • I hope City declare on 3 when they play us as they seem to have done against Leicester.
  • Best result for me today was Villa beating the Headchoppers. Wilson and Howe not so smug were they.
  • edited April 2023
    Bournemouth only poor result. Wolves & Palace have too much anyway. We’ll struggle to get anything at Bournemouth so tomorrow is a huge game for us to try & claim a bonus point.
  • Lukerz said:

Bournemouth only poor result. Wolves & Palace have too much anyway. We’ll struggle to get anything at Bournemouth so tomorrow is a huge game for us to try & claim a bonus point.

Disagree. We can beat Bournemouth. Tomorrow will be much tougher.
  • edited April 2023
    Am not worried about tomorrow as realistically I do not expect much from it, I am only interested in us showing up and that hopefully at the end, they know they have been in a game

COYI
  • While a Bournemouth loss would have been nice yesterday I think it is much more important that Leeds and Forest lose today/tomorrow.
    Southampton play Arsenal next so will probably remain bottom. Leicester play Wolves, Everton play Palace and Liverpool play Forest. So if we actually beat Bournemouth we could have a 6 point gap with a superior goal difference and 6 games to play.
    So I want the bottom three or four to lose. It doesn't really matter what the other teams do.
  • Villa starting XI that beat Newcastle yesterday had two changes from the one we drew with a month earlier (Cash, Bailey out, Dendoncker, Young in)

Newcastle had three changes against Villa from the side that beat us last week (Longstaff, Wilson, Saint-Maximin out, Willock, Isak, Gordon in)

Our only changes were Antonio and Fabianski against Newcastle for Ings and Areola against Villa

Football is fun...
  • I really don’t see us beating Bournemouth based on what I’ve seen of them of late & us.
  • I can see us having to get 6 points out of our last 3 games which even then may not be enough.