Newcastle vs West Ham (A) Saturday 4th Feb 17:30

Comments

• Doesn't Jacob Murphy always score against us?
  • That Gordon doesn't half have conk on him. Hahaha
  • edited February 2023

Doesn't Jacob Murphy always score against us?

Doesn't everyone? 😭😭😭

Or does it just feel like that?
  • Ings looks like he's hobbling 😱😱😱
  • Downes looking to be coming on, for Bowen?
  • Aguerd in the book, somewhat harshly imo. Downes on for Coufal, good luck there 🀞🀞🀞
  • Downs defending against Burn? He's about 3 feet too short.
  • Good point that.
  • i get to make another thread B) thread streak continued
  • edited February 2023
    1-1 FT, decent point, even better when you consider how we started.

Decent performance as well on the whole.
  • Good point that. Aguerd is Rolls Royce and Paqueta had a very good game imo.
  • No real intent to win this in the second half I feel, which is a shame because I do think we could have won it.

But it's a good point in the circumstances. I thought we'd lose so it's a bonus point for me.

I do worry about our lack of pace though. Antonio worked hard and when he went off we lost something up front. Neither Scamacca nor Ings can play that role, and Bowen aside we don't have any real pace on the wings.

Still, we have what we have and it's on Moyes to make it work.

Rice MOTM for me. Aguerd a close second.
  • Much better game and a deserved draw. Could have nicked it with those two chances for Aguerd. Has Moyes, finally found the team that works?
  • Antonio was really good this game. Aguerd fantastic. Rice played really well and Paqueta got himself involved and deserved the goal. That was a very solid performance with even a few counter attack opportunities.
  • Moyes booked?
  • Yeah not a fan of the pressure at the end but they are a good side.
  • I can't believe this referee, every 50/50 challenge given to the barcodes.
  • Really important point after somewhat surprising wins for Everton and Wolves; we maintain a bit of momentum.

Aguerd looks great defensively, although he really should have done better offensively, especially the free header just before half time.
  • Imagine if Aguerd had been available for the whole season.
  • Pengeman said:

Has Moyes, finally found the team that works?

Or is it in part (a large part perhaps?) that teams now feel they should beat us as we've been so poor this season, so we can set up to counter much as we did during 2020/21 and the start of 2021/22?
  • That was quite a performance considering we started five minutes after Newcastle kicked off. They were full of confidence and at home whilst we could have crumbled after that atrocious start, yet we showed real spirit in taking the game to them and got a well deserved point.

There was in no way the difference in those teams that the league table shows. In my view both looked comfortable mid table sides and if we play with that attitude in the remaining games we will be ok. Newcastle however are a lomg way off City or Arsenal who have been the most impressive I have seen this year, they may struggle to remain in the Champions league places.

Aguard was brilliant but Rice MOM for me, he is always good but that was a stand out performance. The defence were organised and did well after they woke up from the goal.
  • Real fight from the team after that start ..great to see
  • Superb result against a team on a roll especially at their place.
    Many good performances by our boys I thought,but man are we going to miss Declan.

Loved it.βš’
  • First PL goal they’ve conceded since November.
  • I think a mention for Johnson also. I thought he did really well considering he looked shot during the Derby game.
  • edited February 2023
    One match report I'm reading says today we conceded our 100th corner this season. Conceded no goals from.them though.
  • Yeah I saw that stat come up I couldn't believe it.
  • Dec's post match interview showing signs of Nobes' media training... Precedes comment with "you know what" πŸ˜‚
  • Amazing turn round on the thread btw.πŸ˜‚