Newcastle vs West Ham (A) Saturday 4th Feb 17:30

Comments

• Slacker said:

Yeah well normally a game is over 90 minutes not ten.

I get that, of course, so are you saying we can't / shouldn't comment during the game?!!!

Let's be honest Slacker, the first minutes were trash, we improved, think we all can agree on that....
  • Am in Vegas and the screen in my room is simply outrageous- it is 13’ by 7’ - now how Vegas is that ☺️
  • edited February 2023
    Ben coming on....for Kehrer, who apparantly picked up a hamstring injury.
  • How was that not a foul on Antonio in the build up to their goal Schaar had both arms round his neck - Antonio keeps getting pushed before the ball arrives but is getting nothing from the officials.
  • Having had to split my attention between this and the Calcutta Cup for the first half, my focus is fully here now.

Johnson on for Kehrer (hamstring) at half time.
  • How was that not a foul on Antonio in the build up to their goal Schaar had both arms round his neck - Antonio keeps getting pushed before the ball arrives but is getting nothing from the officials.

Must admit I thought that when I watched it, but it's one of those decisions we never seem to get but always concede.
  • I know we scored from a corner, but are Rice and Coufal really our best dead ball deliverers?
  • Bowen looks to be struggling.
  • edited February 2023

Am in Vegas and the screen in my room is simply outrageous- it is 13’ by 7’ - now how Vegas is that ☺️

It's outrageous.

You shouldn't be telling us though.

What happens in Vegas... Etc
  • What's this with Rice and his Grealish socks look? COYI COYI COYI......
  • Good old fashioned NFL hand-off by Bowen.
  • Antonio isn't going to win too many headers against the trees Newcastle have at the back. We need to keep it on the ground a bit more.
  • Slacker said:

Yeah well normally a game is over 90 minutes not ten.

I get that, of course, so are you saying we can't / shouldn't comment during the game?!!!

Let's be honest Slacker, the first minutes were trash, we improved, think we all can agree on that....
    Of course, but the comments about being in the championship and likeminded stuff after 10 minutes are both funny and ridiculous,imho of course.

• What's this with Rice and his Grealish socks look? COYI COYI COYI......

Wash your mouth out, how dare you use Grealish and Rice in the same sentence without a negative.
  • Great refereeing. Don't say that too often.
  • Away fans being brilliant.
  • Team are putting a shift in...COYI.
  • Player down off the pitch. WHY WHY is the restart delayed? 😡
  • We have a real chance if winning this. Just not sure there's enough game changers on our bench.
  • Paqueta not getting back quickly enough from forward positions, he needs to come off imo.
  • Antonio isn't going to win too many headers against the trees Newcastle have at the back. We need to keep it on the ground a bit more.

We keep crossing it. It's not working.
  • Good old fashioned NFL hand-off by Bowen.

I was amused by his perplexed expression when the decision went against him
  • Ah. Ok. Looks like we're holding out for the point then. Fornals and Soucek for Benrahma and Soucek.

We might win a header now at least.
  • Fornals and Soucek on for Benrahma and Soucek.
  • To be fair, neither team has created much in the way of chances, but it is a decent watch,
  • edited February 2023
    My word. Aguerd is an absolute beast. That was incredible.
  • Ah. Ok. Looks like we're holding out for the point then. Fornals and Soucek for Benrahma and Soucek.

Paqueta has been looking very leggy and Benrahma has been very quiet in the second half; I've no issue with those subs, leaves us Ings to come on for Antonio, or Bowen if need be.

Great tackle by Aguerd, hope he's not injured.
  • Wow - that was an outstanding tackle by aguard, his right peg must be elastic

Paqueta has been looking very leggy and Benrahma has been very quiet in the second half; I've no issue with those subs, leaves us Ings to come on for Antonio, or Bowen if need be.
    Yeah, that's fair.