Moyes In or Moyes Out

Comments

• Can't say I'm thrilled by the prospective appointment of Lopetegui, but at least we appear to be getting someone in straightaway. Even if he has less say in transfers than Moyes has done, it's still important to have some input there from the coach/manager and there's a huge amount of work to be done on the transfer front this summer.
  • I don't like the way this has been handled.
  • I think Moyes had been shabbily treated if he wasn't told that he is on the way out. To some extent, Moyes' exit was on the cards as we have been woeful since January. Lopetegui's appointment isn't exciting. May be he could be like Unai Emery who flopped at Arsenal and is not doing better at Aston Villa. My be some reflections improved him as a manager. Can Julen Lopetegui do the same? At least, he will have the chance to add his type of plater(s) to the squad. We will soon know. If WHU go backwards, will the Board call on Moyes again?
  • Pengeman
    May be he could be like Unai Emery who flopped at Arsenal and is not doing better at Aston Villa

I think you meant to type now. ;)
  • I will be clapping to show my appreciation for David Moyes against Luton as well as clapping to welcome Julen Lopetegui on our first home match next season.

• Pengeman
    May be he could be like Unai Emery who flopped at Arsenal and is not doing better at Aston Villa

I think you meant to type now. ;)

Yes, thank you.
  • Confirmed Moyes is leaving:

https://www.whufc.com/news/club-statement-david-moyes

Thanks for everything, David. West Ham have mostly been rubbish for my entire life but the last few seasons have been pretty good, so I'll always be grateful.
  • Well thats that then .Thanks David for all you did .And good luck for your next club which i am sure you will get .I will now get behind julen Lopetegui Not my first choice But what do i know .
  • Also need a username rethink. How am I supposed to make some wordplay out of Lopetegui?
  • https://www.whufc.com/news/club-statement-david-moyes

The recruitment process for David’s successor has begun. The Club will be making no further comment until a new appointment is confirmed.

Eh?
  • Sounds about right. They’ve not made any comments at all until today so I guess the next one will be announcing the new guy. So far it’s been all media.
  • Club board is such a clown town.
  • At least Lopetegui is younger than Moyes - at 57, a whole 4 years younger.
  • So most of you have got what you wanted.
    And so it begins again.
  • I dont think many people wanted Lopetegui tbf 🤔 I will give him a chance, but seems like a typical Sullivan signing
  • Jorderz_

At least Lopetegui is younger than Moyes - at 57, a whole 4 years younger.

Not sure what age has to do with it really.
  • Because people were saying they wanted a younger more progressive manager. Let’s hope the second part is fulfilled.
  • I dont think many people wanted Lopetegui tbf 🤔 I will give him a chance, but seems like a typical Sullivan signing

Absolutely, no compensation required =)
  • Because people were saying they wanted a younger more progressive manager. Let’s hope the second part is fulfilled.

Some people yes.
  • IronHerb said:

Jorderz_

At least Lopetegui is younger than Moyes - at 57, a whole 4 years younger.

Not sure what age has to do with it really.
    It was meant to be ironic, I should have said at least Lopetegui has youth on his side to make it more obvious. ;)
  • From what I can see Lopetegui is a manager that likes possession football, which almost certainly involves playing out from the back. If that is the case we are going to need a new keeper as although Areola is great shot stopper his skill set does not include intricate tight passing with our defenders.
  • Slacker said:

So most of you have got what you wanted.
    And so it begins again.

What did you want?

• mike said:

Slacker said:

And so it begins again.

What did you want?

I was very happy with three European seasons and our first trophy for nearly two hundred years. Ok since Christmas our league form has been toilet but that happens doesn’t it?🤷🏻‍♂️
    I feel that a good man has been hounded out of the club by a section of supporters who never wanted him in the first place and were just waiting for a bad run of form ( or simply a defeat sometimes) to call for his head.
    Anyway it’s done now and the new bloke will be our manager and he deserves our support, but already there are plenty moaning about his appointment so let’s just see what happens after a couple of defeats……

• edited May 7
    Do you seriously think that the reason his contract has not been renewed is because he's been hounded by a section of supporters?
    I don't think Sullivan cares what supporters think.
  • Slacker said:

mike said:

Slacker said:

And so it begins again.

What did you want?

I was very happy with three European seasons and our first trophy for nearly two hundred years. Ok since Christmas our league form has been toilet but that happens doesn’t it?🤷🏻‍♂️
    I feel that a good man has been hounded out of the club by a section of supporters who never wanted him in the first place and were just waiting for a bad run of form ( or simply a defeat sometimes) to call for his head.
    Anyway it’s done now and the new bloke will be our manager and he deserves our support, but already there are plenty moaning about his appointment so let’s just see what happens after a couple of defeats……

Complete exaggeration imo, but each to their own.

• Maybe, maybe he’s just had enough of the vitriol and took the decision himself ( I know that’s what I’d have done).
  • edited May 7

Do you seriously think that the reason his contract has not been renewed is because he's been hounded by a section of supporters?
    I don't think Sullivan cares what supporters think.

I don't think Sullivan cares about the supporters as long as they keep filling the stadium and spending their cash

I think when Moyes agreed to come back he insisted that Sullivan & Co button their lips and leave him to do the talking. Once Moyes is gone Sullivan will once again be free to share his wit and wisdom with the world

Can't wait...

Looking at various analysis of Lopetegui's preferred tactics, he plays pretty much the same formation as Moyes (4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 depending which way you look at it) so that's something the players should be familiar with
  • Slacker said:

mike said:

Slacker said:

And so it begins again.

What did you want?

Complete exaggeration imo, but each to their own.

Please enlighten me as to where I’m going wrong.🤷🏻‍♂️