Moyes In or Moyes Out

Comments

• Time to set some emotional music and Parker motivational speeches as the background to him spinning around in circles in a West Ham shirt.

Is that the motivational speech on how to get a contract somewhere else if WH get relegated?
  • No time for Parker at all. Haven't liked him since he drove Lady Penelope around ;)
  • Bazshuayi said:

No time for Parker at all. Haven't liked him since he drove Lady Penelope around ;)

It's at times like this that I really miss the old emojis.
  • Yes, M’lady
  • James Corden in the audience on a chat show when Parker went to spurs shouting “You're dead to me Parker”.
  • I thought he'd be an excellent manager, but this is his third failure in a row. Maybe he should go into the clothing business 😉
  • Bazshuayi said:

No time for Parker at all. Haven't liked him since he drove Lady Penelope around ;)

It's at times like this that I really miss the old emojis.
    I personally thought it was laugh out loud funny. However, it was laugh inside my brain and mysteriously formed into a comment here instead

• edited March 2023
    Talksport's Jim White claims "someone in authority at West Ham" told him that the board will stick with Moyes even if we are relegated

I have no idea how reliable a source White is as I don't listen to Talksport
  • edited March 2023
    completely untenable, you cannot spend 150m and get relegated and keep your job. If he gets us relegated then he has failed on every single metric and deserves the boot, if his contract doesn't have a break clause if he gets us relegated then that is on the board and they need to cough up for a replacement.
  • Talksport's Jim White claims "someone in authority at West Ham" told him that the board will stick with Moyes even if we are relegated

I have no idea how reliable a source White is as I don't listen to Talksport

White is supposedly quite close to Sullivan. Wouldn't surprise me if it were true.
  • edited March 2023
    If accurate, my wonder is... What has Moyes got blackmail wise on the board?
  • Daily Mirror

West Ham have earmarked former Hammer Michael Carrick as a potential successor to under-pressure boss David Moyes.
  • I don’t think he will or should be sacked, but does anybody think the board may be tempted to act after the second leg against Lanarka, given we have a two week window?
  • They had over six weeks to do something during the World Cup and they didn't. They didn't do anything when Avram was in charge and we were in a far worse situation than this. He's here until the end of the season.
  • They had over six weeks to do something during the World Cup and they didn't. They didn't do anything when Avram was in charge and we were in a far worse situation than this. He's here until the end of the season.

Suppose that sounds better than “the end of time” 😉🤣⚒️
  • Lukerz said:

I don’t think he will or should be sacked, but does anybody think the board may be tempted to act after the second leg against Lanarka, given we have a two week window?

No chance. They've left it far too late now. Also if that was the case they could get rid now. There is no way we don't get through to the next round.
  • edited March 2023
    There is no obvious replacement at the moment, so I think he is with us for a while longer.
    However, I do think he will have done his time with us no matter what come the end of the season.
  • and if we all supported Watford, we'd have had 2 more managers since this thread started.

I think its a bit of wishful thinking that Moyes will go at the end of the season
  • Ah maybe Marlon doesn’t want the job after all..

Harewood backs Moyes to keep West Ham up | 'He's the man for the job'
    Former West Ham striker Marlon Harewood wants the club to stick with manager David Moyes insisting he is the right man to keep them in the Premier League.
  • What does he know? He’s just a professional footballer who played at the highest level.
    He should come on here and listen to people who know the game.😉
  • So are you saying you are not Marlon Harewood then? 🤪
  • Playing at a certain level doesnt guarantee you know anything about managing a club! Lots of terrific players have been poor managers and plentyof people who played at no sort of level have become great managers!

I like Marlene and he's entitled to his opinion of course. I just happen to not agree with it. I also think that just because he's an ex pro, his opinion doesn't carry any more weight than your average fan in the street
  • But that's like saying I know as much as a retired Doctor as I'm an average patient.
  • Oh, you are too modest! I'm sure you are a spectacular patient 😂
  • Arsene Wenger played only 67 (+) games in a 12 year professional career. Went on to be one of the most successful managers in the EPL.

Just saying. =)
  • Pep Guardiola in his press conference last night said he knows more than twitter people. Which is good news for us as he didn't mentioning knowing more than WHU606 people.
  • MrsGrey said:

Oh, you are too modest! I'm sure you are a spectacular patient 😂

I have my moments. 🤣
  • Bazshuayi said:

Playing at a certain level doesnt guarantee you know anything about managing a club! Lots of terrific players have been poor managers and plentyof people who played at no sort of level have become great managers!

I like Marlene and he's entitled to his opinion of course. I just happen to not agree with it. I also think that just because he's an ex pro, his opinion doesn't carry any more weight than your average fan in the street

Blimey, it was only a joke.
    Lighten up a bit eh?😉
  • I keep seeing / hearing people say things like "there aren't three worse teams than us" or "we're the worst team in the league right now", so I decided to take a look at recent form, and work out if recent form continues, what would the table look like.

Initially I just did "Post-World Cup Form", but I figured some people would probably say "yeah but x-team is picking up form" or whatever, so I've also done this for form from the past 6 and 10 games.

The good news is, that under all three metrics, we stay up. Based on Post-WC form, we finish 16th on 35 points. Based on past 6 games, we finish 17th on 36 points. Based on past 10 games, we finish 14th on 36 points.

And in case people are interested, based on Post-WC form, Bournemouth (33), Leicester (32) & Leeds (31) go down. Based on past 6 games, Forest (36), Palace (33) & Leeds (33) go down. And based on past 10 games, Palace (33), Leicester (32) & Leeds (31) go down.

So, basically, my conclusion here is that, based on current league position, and three different form measures, there are definitely 3 worse teams than us.
  • 2 of those outcomes have Ham like this