Leicester (H) 12/11 k/o 15:00 🦊

Comments

• And, sometimes you have to take the result away. I didn’t see a lot wrong with yesterdays performance once we got through the dodgy start (again). We pressed them, we attacked relentlessly, had 18 attempts. Bit of quality from Maddison & some poor defending & a counter-attack (if only Fab had stayed in goal). Yes it’s a 0-2 home loss but there were aspects of our play that were better.
  • I'm not angry at yesterday's performance. Paqueta's unlucky with the looping header and had another header just go wide. There was also a break on the left where he didn't get the ball into the box right and another that fell to him right in front of goal but he scooped over with his right. Should've done better with some of those but being in those positions so often is also a good sign.

I'm more worried about getting Scamacca into the game. I think we play in a weird way where our defence is set up to counter-attack but then we don't attack like that, especially because Scamacca can't. If you want to play position football, it can't be from sitting really deep, which we had in the games prior to yesterday. It just means more work to do to get it up the pitch. Bowen kind of shuffles around on the right but rarely takes a man on to help Scamacca. He's too often cutting in, or more annoyingly for me, going down looking for a foul. We're also so rarely putting decent crosses in. Think he should've gambled for the low one from Kehrer but otherwise nothing was on his head.
  • Ok so maybe not then 😂

Rodgers: Give West Ham boss Moyes time
    Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers has no doubt David Moyes will turn things around at West Ham.
    There are rumblings of unrest in the fanbase after the Hammers slipped to a ninth defeat in 15 matches, their worst start to a top-flight season since 1976.
    Speaking after watching his Leicester side beat West Ham Rodgers said: "Should David be given time? Absolutely. He is a top-class manager. He has taken the club from where it was a few years ago into European football, which we never would have thought was possible from where they were.
    "They've had a big turnaround in the summer in terms of players and the adaptation takes time. A lot of new players in at a new level, plus some senior players who are on the decline. That also happens.
    "But David is a top-class manager. He will be disappointed but he will go away and come back and use this time well. I have no doubt he will get them winning again."
  • You have to listen to St Brenda, the inventor of football. 😃
  • As I said he isn't leaving therefore we must get behind him. We have arsenal which will be hard to judge him on being as they're top but after that we need to be getting a good amount of points in January looking at the teams we have.
  • Hamstew, I know it's not yet time to do our predictions for the next eight games but looking at our next five fixtures do you think we will get a decent points return from AFC (A), Brentford (H), Leeds (A), Wolves (A) & Everton (H) to strengthen David Moyes position?
  • Having read all of the above comments, I feel Moyes deserves more time but with the caveat that he needs to get the team playing differently by that I mean with purpose. Cut out the sloppy play, more on the front foot and getting our better players playing better. All easy said than done but that's the job he's paid to do.
  • edited November 2022

Hamstew, I know it's not yet time to do our predictions for the next eight games but looking at our next five fixtures do you think we will get a decent points return from AFC (A), Brentford (H), Leeds (A), Wolves (A) & Everton (H) to strengthen David Moyes position?

I don't think we we will but I think we should. If we don't get much from those games we won't have many more opportunities to reach the 40 points we may need. Surely we need to be getting 9+ from those fixtures?
  • Having read all of the above comments, I feel Moyes deserves more time but with the caveat that he needs to get the team playing differently by that I mean with purpose. Cut out the sloppy play, more on the front foot and getting our better players playing better. All easy said than done but that's the job he's paid to do.

The big thing he did when we returned from lockdown and the good run started was that he had a whole unit working well and pretty much every player was playing better than their usual level. Right now almost everyone is playing below their level. With a long break and a good reason for them to put in performances, he really has to show he can deliver that again after the World Cup.

Those fixtures are a good test because they’re not easy but we really do have to need the majority of those points. If not then it’s hard to see how we get enough.
  • The amount of fans on Twitter stating Bowen is useless, ‘what does he do?’

Only how many goals/assists over the last 18 months? He’s not in great form but it’s embarrassing.
  • There not real fans ,names I need names .how dare they pick on my buddy
  • edited November 2022
    Lukerz said:

The amount of fans on Twitter stating Bowen is useless, ‘what does he do?’

Only how many goals/assists over the last 18 months? He’s not in great form but it’s embarrassing.

The problem is he had an extremely successful time last season, 18 goals in all competitions including 12 in the League, and in the second half of the season was basically our only consistent goal threat.

This season his return has dropped considerably, only 2 goals and 1 assist in the league so far from 15 appearances, during which he's played almost every minute. In a way he's almost a victim of his success last season.
  • edited November 2022
    With reference to Arsenal being up next..
    I think this is the best time to play them with the 6 week break.
    Momentum will have gone and with their squad, I would expect some of their players to go far in the World Cup.

Let’s smash ‘em 💪🏿
  • Lukerz said:

I’m steering away from any West Ham content on Twitter, it’s not good for the soul.

• Slacker said:

Lukerz said:

I’m steering away from any West Ham content on Twitter, it’s not good for the soul.

I’d recommend steering clear of most content on Twitter, tbh.
  • I do enjoy a lively debate with some Trump loonies from Arkansas now and again.
  • Slizzy (old skool) 👋🏻 is always up for a ruck on Twitter
  • edited November 2022
    Social media, I get Facebook as a platform, at least I can see the appeal and understand why it exits but I truly do not see the upside, appeal or understand Twitter.

I got nuffin
  • Social media, I get Facebook as a platform, at least I can see the appeal and understand why it exits but I truly do not see the upside, appeal or understand Twitter.

I got nuffin

I'm sure it's used for other stuff, but when I think of Twitter all I see is someone going "Me, me, me, me, me".
  • edited November 2022
    I've seen lots of good stuff on Twitter. Unfortunately lots of bad also. I think it's like most things though the bad is highlighted in the media etc... Therefore if you're not on it you'll probably only get the bad stuff.
  • Social media, I get Facebook as a platform, at least I can see the appeal and understand why it exits but I truly do not see the upside, appeal or understand Twitter.

I got nuffin

The good from Twitter is the ability to mobilise and share news and important information that is otherwise unreported. I know Outcast has said on here before about the positive role it has played in various social movements.

I just don’t think it’s worth engaging with 85% of the user base
  • Hamstew said:

I've seen lots of good stuff on Twitter. Unfortunately lots of bad also. I think it's like most things though the bad is highlighted in the media etc... Therefore if you're not on it you'll probably only get the bad stuff.

But only bad news gets reported, in general, in the media.
  • Missing people get found, awareness for charities, highlighting a minutes applause for fans that have passed away and people with a cry for help are some of the amazing things that without Twitter wouldn't have been achieved. And this is all just from West Ham stuff I follow.
    They just need to sort unacceptable behaviour better.
  • Put Mrs Grey on modding duty. With all the bad behaviour on there, she'll be as rich as Jeff Bezos hahaha
  • I have tried to not comment too much as I know it would result in me being modded off!

I got nuffin

Lots and lots of pictures of peoples dogs. That's the best thing about it.
  • Wot, no cats?!
  • Cats rule OK 😁
  • Cats rule OK 😁

Not in the Zouma household I presume.
  • MrsGrey said:

Wot, no cats?!

That's what Twitter's for.