Leicester (H) 12/11 k/o 15:00 🦊

Comments

• Imo if we have 13 shots but only ,4 on target, the priority isn't to change the manager it's to get players improving their shooting.
  • When our main positive is we don’t concede more than 2 in a game then we are in trouble.
  • Fornals doing his best impression of a useless footballer 😩
  • alot more effort but we havent got a clue in the final third
  • I asked the question and Thorn was the first with the correct answer.
    See the 1st page of this thread
  • Some really poor balls in from Fornals in quick succession- oh my.
  • Totally agree Mrs G but as all our coaches are defensive coaches shooting obviously isn’t in our training regimes.
  • Fornals doing his best impression of a useless footballer 😩

On reflection, I .think I preferred Souceks invisibility
  • Big decision for the owners
  • I'm not even annoyed anymore.
  • I really think he needs to go. We've been awful for ages.
  • edited November 2022
    How much did Moyes spend ( not his money of course) to perform like we have been.
    Their 2nd goal killed the game, but if we are all honest, it again wasn’t a great watch…And never really came close to scoring…
    Moyes might be given time, not sure he’ll be able to turn it around though 🤔
  • To be fair, There were periods of the game when we looked decent but we started poorly and ended even worse, leaving me feel quite deflated.

You have to fear for us….

Ho hum
  • He either goes now or you stick with him until the end of the season.
  • if we keep doing the same thing we will get the same results. going to be a long season
  • Poor. Relegation beckons unless we change manager and tactics. Any link between Pearce leaving and current state of the team and its performance? May be bring Noble in some coaching capacity to instil some pride and fight.
  • I’m not one to usually advocate sacking managers too early, and I generally have a lot of patience but I can’t see things changing with Moyes and our squad’s performances. With the World Cup about to take place, now is as good time as any to get a new manager in. He’ll also have the January transfer window to use to his benefit too.
  • Moyes won’t be going anywhere yet
  • Just at the final whistle, a fire engine flew past with sirens blaring…..seemed strangely appropriate
  • Neither will we be spending much in January imo.
  • The break has come at a good time for us. Hopefully there can be some regrouping.

In truth though, I dont think wanting a change is knee jerk. It's been a fair while (the decline in results and performances) and I think Moyes is an old dog with no chance of learning new tricks.

I look at the guy at Atalanta. He's around the same age but his team are attacking/progressive. I'd like a young manager who wants his team on the front foot. There are some out there and I'd like us to go with someone who isnt a veteran with loads of experience (like Rafa Benitez) as I think the same thing applies. A case, for me, that you're past it and belong in the history of the game not the present
  • Not sure why changing the manager would be the answer. Agreed for the most part we are playing poorly but apart from the odd game we’ve created chances and had plenty of attempts but are absolutely useless at converting them into goals.
    Either they don’t have goals erected at Rush Green or if they do then they’ve erected them vertically instead of horizontally.
  • I’m just happy I don’t have to feel down for a few weekends…
    Oh wait, we have the WC to provide that 🤣
    Gotta laugh and not cry…
    Trying to believe and work out the 3 teams worse than us…
    Oh well… 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
  • Far better performance than last week for vast majority of the game. We were always going to be vulnerable to a breakaway goal and obviously that killed it.
    2-0 is flattering to them but that’s football innit.
  • I think, we have reached that Pelligrini moment. Despite spending a lot of money, the team is playing worse, players are lethargic, and confidence is drained. I know Moyes has done wonders, but something has not been right for the last year or so. Need a new manager.
  • Tommy Tuchel is still available.
    I'm sure he'd be up for it
  • Somebody don’t let Brendan leave the building
    Get him signed.. sealed.. & delivered..
  • How many times was Dawson exposed today?
  • Who’d have thought this time last year we would have been talking about the possibility of relegation now. I honestly felt that those days were behind us. It’s gone wrong since the turn of the year and I worried then that our form in the latter part of last season was one of relegation.

However, with the new players coming in over the summer I thought we would be fine. It does seem, however, that there is a fundamental problem in the club although I’m blowed if I know what it is. I think DM hasn’t got the mind-set to change things and his tactics have been found out.

Am I right in thinking the Daves have a green light to sell the club from next March? If so, will they stick with Moyes or find somebody who can get the players playing for them in a less predictable and, dare I say it, a more exciting way. Either way it’s a risk as we could still be producing relegation results whichever way we go but this team haven’t suddenly become bad footballers overnight so it beats me what is wrong.
    If the Daves do want to take the money and run I can’t see them being happy trying to get top dollar for a Championship bound club.

What to do, what to do. O.o
  • Not sure why changing the manager would be the answer. Agreed for the most part we are playing poorly but apart from the odd game we’ve created chances and had plenty of attempts but are absolutely useless at converting them into goals.
    Either they don’t have goals erected at Rush Green or if they do then they’ve erected them vertically instead of horizontally.

Purely because I personally have no faith that Moyes will turn this around. The world cup break gives someone new some time to work with a chunk of the squad. Nathan Jones may or may not be successful at Southampton but at least he has some weeks to get his ideas across. They havent got our resources or squad but they pressed hard today and forced Allison into some great saves.

Callum Wilson today quoted as saying he'd run through a brick wall for Eddie Howe. I'm not sure our players have much invested in Moyes or whether they trust his methods.