Blackburn Rovers (H) - The EFL Cup, Wednesday 9th November, 19:45

Comments

• Well, I quite enjoy it.
  • ASLEF, Do we have eight places in European competitions I thought it was only 7?
  • UEFA only award Europa League places to cup competitions that include all top flight clubs, if teams already in Europe were excluded UEFA would give the extra place to whoever finished 7th and the Conference place to 8th

I think you mean 6th and 7th respectively (which is what happens most seasons as invariably the winner has already qualified by other means), or are you suggesting UEFA are going to give us an extra European place if we exclude clubs playing in Europe?
  • And that is why I didn't go into the ticket office...

My point is that if the format of League Cup were changed so that not all Premier League clubs were involved UEFA would remove the Europa League qualification and give to the next highest finishing team in the Premier League

We'd be the same as every other UEFA country
  • ASLEF, If that happened I could see it being the end of the "Insert a Sponsor" Cup. No carrot of European football for the winners, rarely needed as they usually have higher aspirations then teams will either honour a commitment to the EFL Trophy with a group stage to try out their younger players or just risk that being canned as the Premier League sides concentrate on using the now devalued League Cup instead for that purpose.
  • Is that definitely the case though? Man Utd didn't play in the FA Cup in 1999-2000, and the FA Cup winner still qualified. Have rules changed since then?
  • alderz said:

Is that definitely the case though? Man Utd didn't play in the FA Cup in 1999-2000, and the FA Cup winner still qualified. Have rules changed since then?

Wasn't that due to exceptional circumstances (was it the World Club Championships or something similar) and the scheduling made it impossible?
  • West Ham XI: Areola, Coufal, Johnson, Aguerd, Ogbonna, Emerson, Lanzini, Coventry, Downes, Antonio, Fornals.

Subs: Randolph, Hegyi, Cresswell, Dawson, Zouma, Soucek, Benrahma, Bowen, Scamacca.
  • Good looking team ,Now i need to get up for this one still hurting after sunday so they better get me in the mood early
  • According to footypass this game is not being broadcast anywher so there won't be any streams - is this true ?
  • Good start. Behind already.
  • Wonder how we're playing
  • All Blackburn.
  • According to footypass this game is not being broadcast anywher so there won't be any streams - is this true ?

Explains why I'm getting nothing on any of the supposed links
  • Yeah it's true zero streams
  • Hamstew said:

Yeah it's true zero streams

Drives me crazy when streamers still post ' links'. What a waste of time 😡
  • thank god i have my local team who are top of the league and unbeaten and in the second rounds of the FA Cup B)
  • Hamstew said:

Wonder how we're playing

• Hamstew said:

Yeah it's true zero streams

I think this is a blessing in disguise with the way we seem to have started.
  • Unsurprisingly, that was Jack Vale's first goal for Blackburn.
  • For those who said they think this competition is a waste of time, I doubt it will be wasting much of ours.
  • thank god i have my local team who are top of the league and unbeaten and in the second rounds of the FA Cup B)

Is that Ebbsfleet?

Is that Ebbsfleet?

aye and have Fleetwood at home in the second round and will be a TV game on ITV i believe. Fancy a giant killing.
  • I assume nothing at all is happening as the sky news presenters haven't been back to the ground since we conceded. They've been everywhere else.
  • Fornals has just equalised.
  • Yeah Bianca Westwood was saying nothing has happened and then we score as she's talking.
  • Could Fornals be our new striker? =)
  • They should be winning. Did anyone see Connor Coventrys pass of death?
  • That was some goal of the season .never saw it but in my mind some hit by fornals =)