West Ham B away at HSBC or summink

Comments

• Be interesting to watch Forson. He's always the stand out performer when I've watched him play.
  • Aside from up front there is a very decent first eleven on that squad.

Very good common senses from Moyes, letting the team for the weekend watch on TV at home.
  • IronHerb said:

This is apparently the squad who have flown out to Bucharest, according to Ex.

Areola, Randolph, Hegyi, Aguerd, Ashby, Casey, Clayton, Coufal, Coventry, Downes, Forbes, Fornals, Forson, Johnson, Lanzini, Mubama, Ogbonna, Orford, Scarles, Swyer.

So we looking at

Areola
    Coufal - Aguerd - Ogbonna
    Ashby - Downes - Coventry - Johnson
    Fornals - Lanzini
    Mubama
  • I don't think Moyes will play all of his right backs in one game. I'd imagine Coufal will start at RB, with either Ashby or one of the other youngsters on the other side (I think Clayton is the U23 LB).
  • OCS, I understand Regan Clayton is rated very highly at West Ham. He is only 17 I believe & as you say has been playing for the Academy team.
  • I'm a little surprised Emerson isn't out there.
  • I don't think Moyes will play all of his right backs in one game. I'd imagine Coufal will start at RB, with either Ashby or one of the other youngsters on the other side (I think Clayton is the U23 LB).

If Ashby plays I hope it’s at right back. Any youngster played should be given the chance to show what they can do in their preferred position. I’d be gutted for him if he was forced onto the left.
  • Ravel49 said:

Hamstew said:

I'd also give some game time to Elliot Lee and George Moncur.
    Loss!

Id like to see Dan Potts start at left back
    And get some more minutes under his belt for Frank Nouble
    #clack
    Ravel49 said:

Hamstew said:

I'd also give some game time to Elliot Lee and George Moncur.
    Loss!

Id like to see Dan Potts start at left back
    And get some more minutes under his belt for Frank Nouble
    #clack
    Savio has been missing for a while, so I reckon he could do with a run out.
  • So, I'm assuming:

Areola
    Coufal Aguerd Ogbonna Johnson
    Downes Scarles Coventry
    Lanzini Mubama Fornals

And I guess one of Coufal and Johnson will only play 45 minutes.
  • Moyes could have given more of the U21s a start, IMO, given the game means absolutely nothing. Personally, I'd have had Clayton and maybe Swyer starting instead of Johnson and Fornals.
  • edited November 2022
    Areola, Coufal, Johnson, Aguerd, Ogbonna (c), Scarles, Lanzini, Coventry, Downes, Fornals, Mubama
    Subs: Randolph, Hegyi, Ashby, Casey, Clayton, Forbes, Swyer, Orford, Potts, Appiah-Forson

Can't claim to know much about any of the youngsters, but I suspect OCS's formation won't be too far off.
  • So, I'm assuming:

Areola
    Downes Scarles Coventry
    Lanzini Mubama Fornals

Maybe a back 3 or Ogbonna at LB
  • Areola
    Coufal - Johnson - Aguerd - Ogbonna
    Coventry - Scarles
    Fornals - Downes - Lanzini
    Mubama
  • Lukerz said:

Areola
    Coufal - Johnson - Aguerd - Ogbonna
    Coventry - Scarles
    Fornals - Downes - Lanzini
    Mubama

So you'd play a FB at CB and a CB at FB? I know there's the argument of which foot is stronger, but it's not as though Johnson hasn't played at LB. Can't see that back line tbh.
  • Looking at some of the pictures and I have to wonder, do their parents know their children are in Romania? They've got school and college tomorrow, for heaven's sake.
  • adecoker said:

Looking at some of the pictures and I have to wonder, do their parents know their children are in Romania? They've got school and college tomorrow, for heaven's sake.

Some are probably studying hard for the 11+.
  • Lukerz said:

So, I'm assuming:

Areola
    Downes Scarles Coventry
    Lanzini Mubama Fornals

Maybe a back 3 or Ogbonna at LB
    Yeah, I did wonder about a back three with Scarles at LWB. Don't know enough about the lad to know whether he does/can play there. He's a midfielder according to the OS but if he's left-footed it might make sense.

Or maybe Fornals will play there; he's done it before. With Lanzini playing off of Mubama 🤷‍♂️
  • Or maybe it’s a back four & Aguerd & Ogbonna play together.

• Yeah, I did wonder about a back three with Scarles at LWB. Don't know enough about the lad to know whether he does/can play there. He's a midfielder according to the OS but if he's left-footed it might make sense.

Or maybe Fornals will play there; he's done it before. With Lanzini playing off of Mubama 🤷‍♂️

A back 3 of Johnson, Aguerd and Ogbonna is definitely how I thought we'd set up if one of the youngsters was a LB or LWB, but if, as you say, Scarles is more of a midfielder (I had to check the OS too 😂🤣😂), I think a back 4 is maybe more likely. Or maybe you've nailed it with Fornals at LWB 👍.
  • Away fans in good voice 👏👏👏
  • 83 yellows and 4 reds from the ref in 15 games this season 😱😱😱

TV has Aguerd at LB, don't believe that for a moment.
  • Coufal nearly gifted them a great chance.
  • edited November 2022
    Johnson definitely not at LB, I think it's a back 3, just can't work out who's LWB, although pretty sure it's Scarles as I can see everyone else elsewhere.
  • edited November 2022
    It’s this

Areola
    Johnson - Aguerd - Ogbonna
    Coufal - Coventry - Lanzini - Scarles
    Downes
    Mubama - Fornals
  • Nearly an u21s goal, cross by Scarles and Mubama got on the end of it but too close to the keeper.
  • Antonio’s hardly had a kick.
    He’s such a dozy player.
  • Aguerd gets booked after their player cons the ref.
  • Tbh, Aguerd should never have brought that baseball bat onto the pitch.
  • Now Downes tests the keeper from a Fornals pass.
  • Would really likke to see Ashby on for Coufal; he appeared keen to leave in the summer due to perceived lack of opportunities here, so it will be disappointing if he can't get game time this evening, especially as Coufal isn't offering much from RWB.