West Ham B away at HSBC or summink

124»

Comments

• edited November 2022

Nice to see another game for Steve Potts other lad 👍

how many does he have...
  • More than the Rob Lee?
  • Scarles just wide, shame.
  • 2 more youngsters on, Simon-Swyer and Casey for Mubama and Johnson.
  • MrsGrey said:

Nice to see another game for Steve Potts other lad 👍

how many does he have...
    Just the 2 I think, Dan, who was with us and is now at Luton I think, and Freddie.
  • Decent effort by Lanzini but the keeper got it away.
  • edited November 2022
    Embarrassing roll on the floor by one of their players trying to con a penalty.

Great block by Aguerd from the resulting corner.
  • 3-0 FT 😊😊😊
  • Lovely.⚒
  • Is Herb there? There's a Hornchurch Hammers + Urchins banner waving in the crowd.
  • Carlton in the studio after getting all emotional about ' his' kids 😭🤣
  • Very enjoyable watch.
  • Fornals doing a good interview
  • Interesting to listen to hear the Coles talking about the kids after.

Usually I turn off, but it's nice to find out bit of the background about the kids.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Fingers on keys ready to type 'Moyes out' but perhaps keeping Moyes powder dry til Palace

Huh? Resting most of our PL starting 11, winning away from home with a second string including 2 debutants from the u21s, am I missing something?
    Yes, I was 100% just messin' ;)
  • MrsGrey said:

Carlton in the studio after getting all emotional about ' his' kids 😭🤣

I know he wasnt originally with us but I have a lot of time for Carlton. A sort of converted Hammer (like the opposite of Rio Ferdinand)
  • Bazshuayi said:

MrsGrey said:

Carlton in the studio after getting all emotional about ' his' kids 😭🤣

I know he wasnt originally with us but I have a lot of time for Carlton. A sort of converted Hammer (like the opposite of Rio Ferdinand)
    I think most Hammers have got a lot of time for him; like Antonio, he was never the best finisher but bless him he tried for us, he really did.
  • Is Herb there? There's a Hornchurch Hammers + Urchins banner waving in the crowd.

Not there last night. Saving the pennies for the remaining 4 away games. 😉
  • edited November 2022
    The standout thing for me about last night's performance was the freedom they played with - the shackles were off and players were allowed to express themselves.
    I wonder if Moyes will set up to allow the first team to do likewise.
  • What an experience for those young lads, crowds, European competition and alongside first team regulars.... and a win. They must have got such a boost from that. Well played Moyes for that one.
  • The standout thing for me about last night's performance was the freedom they played with - the shackles were off and players were allowed to express themselves.

I think that freedom comes from the fact we had already won the group, more than anything else. It’s easy to take the chains off when there’s no repercussions
  • alderz said:

The standout thing for me about last night's performance was the freedom they played with - the shackles were off and players were allowed to express themselves.

I think that freedom comes from the fact we had already won the group, more than anything else. It’s easy to take the chains off when there’s no repercussions
    Yeah, I'm aware of that, but it ought to give Moyes food for thought. It's almost as if the way he sets up is having a negative effect on players' confidence.
    I know that FCSB are nowhere near EPL level, but he could see how well even the youngsters can play.
    Why can't he have a little more faith in the first team who presumably are a level above the youngsters?
  • One thing I've noticed about all of these European group stage games, is they've generally been easier than playing a League 2 team in a domestic cup. Of course these teams have more quality but they don't fight nearly as much.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Bazshuayi said:

Fingers on keys ready to type 'Moyes out' but perhaps keeping Moyes powder dry til Palace

Huh? Resting most of our PL starting 11, winning away from home with a second string including 2 debutants from the u21s, am I missing something?
    Yes, I was 100% just messin' ;)
    Sorry, my bad, went completely over my head 😔
  • One thing I've noticed about all of these European group stage games, is they've generally been easier than playing a League 2 team in a domestic cup. Of course these teams have more quality but they don't fight nearly as much.

Yes, I noticed the same thing, the times we have really struggled when fielding an under-strength team within a cup tie. I think we have a good chance to go all the way in this competition as there appears only two or three teams we should really have trouble with and the teams that will drop down from placing third in the Europa league are nowhere near the prospect we faced last season of Champions League drop outs.

The task of qualifying for the Europa league next season looks a easier prospect from this competition than from finishing 6th in the Premiership. My hope is that when this competition resumes we are clear of a relegation battle so we can actually reverse what we did last night and rest players in the league for these matches.

• To be fair I think it’s the standard of the reserve players & their mentality.