Aston Villa (A) - 28 August

Comments

• Not on the box today, no?
  • Wolves Newcastle same time but on Sky
  • link to a stream on the other thread would be greatly appreciated . Come on you Irons
  • On radio at least
  • I think it'll be Bowen on the right, Fornals on the left, and Scamacca through the middle.
  • link to a stream on the other thread would be greatly appreciated . Come on you Irons

Mrs G posted a good stream on another thread, I'm watching the same one
  • We’ll done to the linesman for spotting that
  • Johnson down injured. Looks like a hamstring
  • Johnson off injured. Coufal on.
  • Our defence gets stretched so much it’s no wonder they pick up hamstring injuries.
  • Nice to see Nobby putting an arm round him when he came off.
  • No fluidity to our game play, I hate this 3/5 at the back especially with the attacking talent we have. No drive in the team to move the ball beyond the half way line and get an attack going, too many passes trying to be pinged to an isolated guy up front who often has 2 or 3 villa players on him.
  • We are hardly getting a kick. Being totally dominated.
  • 300 minutes and still waiting for our first goal.
  • I like 3 at the back, but you need someone to carry the ball. The wingbacks don’t seem to want to, and Rice has barely run with the ball so far this season.
  • Nothing wrong with the system but this is the wrong players. It needs to be Cornet/Benrahma/Antonio to give us attacking intent.
  • We playing bad again?
  • Hamstew said:

We playing bad again?

We’ve just not really done much yet? They don’t particularly look threatening, but we can’t seem to string anything together.
  • We’ve had a tad more of the ball than Bournemouth had yesterday.
  • Fans in the stadium enjoyed that shot 🤣
  • At least we had a shot, our first.
  • Rice has been pretty bad .Nothing going forward .i feel like i have just gone back in time to a couple of years
  • Moyes has to make changes now. No use waiting until we concede before changing things up. We haven’t had one shot on target.
  • I hope Paqueta isn't watching this as going by the thoughts here, we sound woeful.
  • Need some attacking, guile and pace. would like to see Cornet and Benrahma on for Cresswell/Emerson and Fornals,
  • Not unexpected I suppose given Moyes dropped our most in form and confident forward.

Hopefully we'll see him and Cornet in the second half.
  • 4 more subs allowed get them all on now please
  • edited August 2022
    Very poor first half. Antonio needs to play alongside Scamacca. Fornals is totally ineffective, and so is Soucek. Behrama for Emerson, Lanzini for Soucek and Antonio for Fornals - this may improve our performance. Maybe also Cornet for Cresswell.
  • Why isn't benrahma playing?

You go to a back 5 and you drop the most attacking of our supporting attackers and leaving fornals on the pitch...

Moyes cant afford this level of performance