Aston Villa (A) - 28 August

Comments

• Just what we needed a deflected shot to go in
  • so thats what it looks like when our player makes the net bulge :)
  • Just what we needed a deflected shot to go in

We deserve a bit of luck. We had absolutely none against Forest.
  • Good job he was still on the field!!
  • MIAHammer said:

To be fair Fornals has been just as bad as Bowen and they’re both still on the field.
    What’s Moyes waiting for?

You’re welcome ;)
  • Pablooooooooo
  • alderz said:

We look a lot better now Benrahma is on. Fornals is having a bit of a stinker

Ta, Alderz
  • '1 nil to the cockney boys' for the first time this season
  • I was beginning to think someone should go to Rush Green to check if we use goals in our training sessions.
  • That came from Rice passing forward instead of sideways. This half we’ve been far more progressive in our passing than the first.
  • take any goal currently
  • Blatant Buendia dive.
  • Glad to see we’re not just sitting back trying to protect the lead.
  • suddenly we're doing better things. Maybe getting the 3 points will lift us and stop those side and back passes. So hoping we get a second on the break and kill this
  • MIAHammer said:

Glad to see we’re not just sitting back trying to protect the lead.

Whenever we have a 1 goal lead we look so dangerous, as teams have to come at us and we are still much better on the counter.
  • MrsGrey said:

alderz said:

We look a lot better now Benrahma is on. Fornals is having a bit of a stinker

Ta, Alderz
    FWIW I still think he’s been poor
  • Happy happy joy joy and we have a goal of the month lol
  • huge sigh of relief :)
  • Ugly win but will take it
  • Out of the bottom three and up to 16th.
  • Not a great performance, but 3 very important points.

Bowen seems a shadow of last season, when, after Christmas, he really was the only one of our forward players in form. Guessing he didn't spend this summer in the potato fields.
  • Maybe the extra pressure and scrutiny of being a ‘celebrity couple’ is getting to him.
  • Zouma MoM for me
  • Slacker said:

Just to calm everyone’s worries, I made the tea in the CORRECT cup this morning.

Carry on.

You’re welcome.

• Hopefully if we get Paqueta over he line he will play that middle role that we are sorely lacking.
  • Big win, this. Particularly with the next two games in mind.

Hopefully give the lads a boost, and with Paqueta (hopefully) close, we can now push on.
  • Great turnaround in the second half with substitutions, change of formation and tactics. We are up and running and only 4 points away from a Europa league position. Up the Hammers!!
  • I thought Fornals had a good game, was full of running and got stuck in (almost Noblesque).

The big worry is Bowen, its just not working and last season he would have buried that chance in the second half
  • Very poor first half, almost hopeless. We did look more like our old self was trying to break through in the second half however. A fortunate goal and in truth neither side deserved three points, but I am not too fussed about that as the three points was all that mattered today.