"That's what I do; I win". But can David Moyes ever really win with West ham fans?

Comments

• So quality players
    What’s going wrong then 🤔
  • Ravel49 said:

So quality players
    What’s going wrong then 🤔

It's a real head-scratcher... 🤔
  • Itchy beard..
  • There must be something in the water. =)
  • Ravel49 said:

Itchy beard..

More like squeaky bum time!
  • Maybe Dave needs a makeover hahaha
  • #glowup

Maybe Some blond highlights
  • He needs a beard.
  • West Ham will give David Moyes time to turn their season around, having decided against using the World Cup break to make a change of manager (Daily Mail)

• These guys appear to disagree.
  • I've never heard of Geo and Gonzo (at least one of them was in The Muppet Show) or Hammers Chat but anyone can set up a website or a YouTube channel, it doesn't make them a reliable source of information.

Meanwhile Ex is known as a reasonably reliable source and this is his take on the situation:-

Despite rumours of an emergency board meeting tonight, we can confirm that this is not true. We are under the impression that the board intend to back Moyes for the foreseeable future.

Of course, if results continue as they are, then action will inevitably have to be taken, but it appears that he will be given until after the World Cup to try and turn this around.

Whilst it is possible with these things that the board could say one thing publicly and do another thing behind closed doors, we have no reason to suspect this.

The board have backed David Moyes and Rob Newman’s recruitment with some serious investment this summer and they would prefer to give them longer to try and get the best out of them. Although, it could be argued that Paqueta and Scamacca have really struggled in recent weeks. We will send some emails out this week before the podcast to get further clarity on his future, but until then, it is best to ignore speculation.”

Whilst the board have admitted to being concerned at results, they have reiterated that they are loyal people and that Moyes will be given a chance to turn this situation around in recent communication that we have received.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/speculation-74574987?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_fan
  • ASLEF, When someone posts a link I do at least give them the courtesy to take the time to listen to it which replying in under 38 minutes to a video that is just under an hour indicates you aren't really interested in these guys opinions and have dismissed them which you are entitled to. I posted the link to open a debate so hope others will hear these guys out there are other sites that are posting similar sentiments. ok
  • Fortune - I gave up listening after a few minutes when one of them said he didn't think Moyes was aware there was a problem. Really, does anyone here imagine that Moyes thinks that everything is fine?

This seems to be just a couple of fans chatting about West Ham, I can do that on this forum or down the pub with my mates, why would I want to waste an hour listening to it on YouTube?

I think I'll stick to West Ham Way!
  • I posted the link to open a debate

Is it not open already? :p
  • It doesn't seem to be too active a one. =)
  • Yes, no, maybe 🤔
    Matt Jarvis - How much?
  • edited November 2022
    Ravel49 said:

Yes, no, maybe 🤔
    Matt Jarvis - How much?

I blame him for all of this. Breaking the record transfer fee has always been underwhelming since him.
  • I blame the debate that was never settled between Slizzy and TomkinsWorldClass of who was better
    James Collins
    James Tomkins

Or for those that don’t know James Tompkins
  • Users need answers!
  • West Ham have told manager David Moyes that his job is safe for now after his side lost their ninth game of the season on Saturday. (90min)
  • What annoyed people more James Tompkins or Jack Collinson. Or was it just annoy me? Hahaha
  • Jack Wiltshire
  • Def Tompkins for me 🤣
  • Am I missing an in-joke or something? It's Tomkins.
  • Am I missing an in-joke or something? It's Tomkins.

That's the point, loads of people would spell it wrong, as they did with Collison (not Collinson).
  • Buffy, thanks, I thought I was in a parallel universe or something. ;)
  • Buffy, thanks, I thought I was in a parallel universe or something. ;)

Oh, I wondered who'd just arrived ... welcome to my world =)
  • Moyes Tactical ability reminds me of an occasion with my elderly grandfather (Pop). When my Nan died, my grandad, never having been allowed in the kitchen, couldn't cope. One of his daughters (my aunt) taught him three simple meals. Chicken on Monday, Fish on Tuesday and beef on Wednesday. Visiting every week, on this particular Monday evning, he looked a bit glum. "What's the matter Pop?" to which he replied
    " I really fancied fish today"
    All that regimentation in the army, he couldn't change the routine.
    I miss him.
  • Is it worth bumping this
    Or a new thread
    Whatever is preferred 👍🏻
This discussion has been closed.