Forest 🌳 v Hammers ⚒ - Sunday 14th August, 2pm

Comments

• 7 extra minutes

Might as well be 70. We're not scoring.
  • too many below average performances the Czech boys have been very poor. Bowen and Rice way off the mark.
  • Let's just put it down to the footballing gods, they owed Forest I guess...OCS read it early, not gonna be our day....
  • Soucek really should've read Scamacca's chest down there. He's been in the right positions but wasteful
  • Bowen looked really poor. Rice hasn’t seemed himself, but missing the penalty really doesn’t help.

I think Antonio, Benrahma, Johnson, Lanzini, Fornals have all been good. Cornet’s shown energy but not had much ball.
  • The absolute worst thing about this is Lingard has been absolutely anonymous.
  • We will come right, today was not our day..that was so obvious...
    REALLY HOPE FOREST GO DOWN........
  • Well that was disappointing
  • I hope so too!
  • Rice has missed 2 out of 3 penalties in the league and the 2 are his last 2. Whose idea was it for him to be the taker.
  • Incredibly disappointing, with Brighton next
  • Wow, just wow, in fairness we were poor in the first 20 mins, not sure why, complacency…..really not sure, however we played really well for 70 mins and certainly did not deserve to lose, clearly not our day today.

For me, Rice had a poor game and Coufel was mostly wasteful
  • We ended last season in poor form. We had a poor pre-season and now two defeats on the spin without scoring.

I get we were unlucky today, but already the pressure's on the next two games. ECL qualification on Thursday and then Brighton on Sunday.

I haven't missed this feeling at all.
  • Cruel game innit? Perfectly good goal disallowed, rattled the bar twice and a missed penalty. No way did we deserve to lose that game.
  • No way of spinning it, don’t care we had a missed pen & hit the bar, that was poor, Bad feeling about this season
  • alderz said:

If we can’t get a goal, can Coufal at least leave one in Lingard?

Alderz are you advocating violence - shock, horror. ;)
  • Next three league are Brighton home, Villa away then Spurs at home. Going to be very tough.
  • Rice, Bowen, really poor. Thought taking Antonio off was a really bad call by Moyes, was the best player.
  • Lukerz said:

Rice, Bowen, really poor. Thought taking Antonio off was a really bad call by Moyes, was the best player.

I think that Antonio is whinging too much rather than fighting for things like he used to do.
  • edited August 2022
    An acceptable performance from the team, although we did not have any luck and should have had a point IMO. We were let done today by a couple of our big players - Bowen was anonymous and Rice didn’t seem to be at his best. Soucek cannot seem to score at the moment.
    The substitutions were strange. I’d have replaced Bowen with Scamaca and pushed Antonio out wide. Fornals seemed to offer more than Lanzini.. Benrahma was good today!
    Onwards and upwardsâš’
  • Lukerz said:

No way of spinning it, don’t care we had a missed pen & hit the bar, that was poor, Bad feeling about this season

The league was always going to be more difficult this season. Arsenal have stepped up. Villa and Newcastle throwing money around. Brighton and Palace quietly improving.

Losing your first two really doesn't help matters.

Something hasn't quite looked right about Rice in the first two games. Body language has been a bit off and I haven't seen a great deal of leadership from him.
  • edited August 2022
    Lukerz said:

Rice, Bowen, really poor. Thought taking Antonio off was a really bad call by Moyes, was the best player.

Although we were very unlucky not to get at least a point, I think Moyes needs to re-think the formation and our style of play. We need to be playing as we did at the start of the second half - move the ball at speed, get it into the danger areas before the opposition defence can regroup.
  • I thought we were poor for large parts but weirdly could have won the game by a few goals. Benrahma was excellent and it's clear we are missing another CB.
  • We need an alternative midfielder to Soucek. He was so limited today in building our attacks & missed a really clear chance.
  • Coufal was awful I thought.
  • Hamstew said:

Coufal was awful I thought.

Has been for over a year to be fair.
  • Is it me or have we started so many seasons
    In recent years with 0 points after 2 or 3 games (last season excluded?)
  • Two games in, where’s the relegation thread?
  • Let’s face it we started with a team that fell off the pace badly for about 8 months but we could and should have taken something from the game. We have been in a rut for a while and we keep the same team. Hopefully we win Thursday and kick start the season from there.