Forest 🌳 v Hammers ⚒ - Sunday 14th August, 2pm

edited August 2022 in Match Threads
So West Ham’s Sunday game exclusivity continues as we travel to Nottingham. 2pm this one, as opposed to 4:30pm.

You don’t need me reminding you the big player derby this has now become in light of recent developments; that’s right, Kouyate in talks with Forest on a free.

Cornet becomes available, potentially Dawson & Fab back, albeit speculation only. Maybe a CB in the door by the weekend. Best case scenario team could look like:

Fabianski
Coufal - Dawson/new CB - Zouma - Cresswell
Bowen - Souček - Rice - Fornals
Scamacca - Antonio

Calls for Cornet & Scamacca to start could be resisted (I imagine).

One intriguing possibility is a 4-4-2 with Antonio & Scamacca up top, with Fornals on the left. I would quite like to see that, even if slightly FIFA career mode when you’re chasing the game. Fornals can always tuck in as a LWB & we move to a 3-4-3 if necessary or a CM if we go 4-3-3.

I would expect Moyes to stick with the same 11 as Sunday, with Dawson in for Johnson if available. Forest do play a back 3. We do need a way of scoring goals.

Tough game. Their home curtain raiser. Lose this & pressure already builds ahead of the bogey game with Brighton. Get something on the board.

Comments

• Henry Lansbury derby! :-)
  • Lukerz said:

One intriguing possibility is a 4-4-2 with Antonio & Scamacca up top, with Fornals on the left. I would quite like to see that, even if slightly FIFA career mode when you’re chasing the game. Fornals can always tuck in as a LWB & we move to a 3-4-3 if necessary or a CM if we go 4-3-3.

And our back-up CF would be who? After this match we'll be into the mid-week games with the ECL play-offs, so really can't see both Antonio and Scamacca starting this one.
  • Did someone say our new left back Stuart Pearce..
  • Relegation six pointer.
  • 0-1 to us, Lingard own goal
  • yoyo said:

0-1 to us, Lingard own goal

You mean he defends? 🤔
  • Not very well obviously.
  • I wood love us to leaf forest with all 3 points.
  • Hang on, your coat is around here somewhere....
  • Hamstew said:

I wood love us to leaf forest with all 3 points.

Tree-mendous.
  • I can cedar where this is going

Yew know it

I can’t see the forest for the trees.
  • For once I am stumped for anything to say. I’ll have to palm it off to the rest of the group to deal with this old chestnut.
  • There shoukd be a punishment for such poor jokes, Bring back the Birch
  • Oh Fir the life of me ..........
  • Oakay, enough.
  • Enough is enough you youngsters. Have some respect for us Elders and give it a rest.
  • Looks like puns aren't poplar with everyone.
  • I am staring stern faced blankly at the screen. Close to disbelief and also to disgust. This has hurt my Fee Lingz.

#Wages war
  • Disclaimer: this has nothing to do with trees.
    Fab, Johnson -Zouma-Cresswell, Coufal-Soucek-Rice-Cornet, Bowen-Scamacca-Fornals.
    IMO.
    We didn't pull up any trees last match, but no call for a root and branch clear out.
  • Disclaimer: this has nothing to do with trees.
    Fab, Johnson -Zouma-Cresswell, Coufal-Soucek-Rice-Cornet, Bowen-Scamacca-Fornals.
    IMO.
    We didn't pull up any trees last match, but no call for a root and branch clear out.

You mean that you want Moyes to spruce things up a bit
  • If we win, could it be classed as a Sprucy bonus?
  • I notice alderz hasn't joined in yet.😉
  • OCS has given him another assignment on the transfer thread.
  • If we win, could it be classed as a Sprucy bonus?

Nice to tree you, to tree, you, nice!
  • OCS has given him another assignment on the transfer thread.

Which, by the way, he still hasn't done.
  • Hopefully forest will think they're still on the Beech .
    Their bark is worse than their bite.
    Also have just booked my ticket for the Brighton game- hoping the strike the day before doesn't mess up the trains too much.
  • Hopefully forest will think they're still on the Beech .
    Their bark is worse than their bite.
    Also have just booked my ticket for the Brighton game- hoping the strike the day before doesn't mess up the trains too much.

Same. Got my boy tickets for his birthday and completely forgot about the strikes.
  • There is a rack over here piled with coats