Forest 🌳 v Hammers ⚒ - Sunday 14th August, 2pm

Comments

• Early relegation 6 pointer 😜
  • This is going to be incredibly tough & I am very nervous about this match. It will feel like a cup semi final. I know we’ve played in big atmospheres before (Lyon, Sevilla, Frankfurt) but this is going to be a real test early in the season. I think we show intention to attack with our selection & hope our quality/experience comes out on top.
  • edited August 2022
    I think Forest are going to take a while to gel as a team, they are still not used to playing together and they made a lot of errors against Newcastle

Six players made their first team debut last weekend and its possible that another three will be in the starting XI for the first time tomorrow with just three players from last season's squad

If we don't win this I will be very surprised
  • We are full of surprises
  • edited August 2022
    I would go (based on Moyes’ conference):

Fabianski
    Coufal - Johnson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice - Fornals
    Bowen - Cornet
    Scamacca

Areola, Dawson, Ogbonna, Ashby, Coventry, Downes, Lanzini, Benrahma, Antonio

I don’t think he will start Scamacca, as I think he will see this as a game where we can maybe bring our counter attacking game, but after his comments about trying to change our style because our counter attack ‘isn’t as good anymore’, I would get Scamacca in the side as he offers us a different way of building attacks. Antonio has a knock anyway, so a good reason to just be careful with him.
  • Is this a hint?

• Think we'll see the same XI but with Areola for Fab who may still be injured

Then I think Cornet and Scamacca will feature off the bench
  • Fab was training so if he goes with Areola he’s giving him an opportunity to stake a claim.
  • Same team as last week according to Twitter, but think Areola starts.
  • Twitter saying one change from the City game.
  • Benrahma?
  • Lukerz said:

Benrahma?

For Lanzini.
  • Only eight subs named?
  • Only eight subs named?

Shows the lack of depth we have, Bennie cannot say Moyes is not giving him a chance
  • Only eight subs named?

Shows the lack of depth we have, Bennie cannot say Moyes is not giving him a chance
    To not even have an U23 CB on the bench is mad, IMO. And can only assume Oko-Flex is injured.
  • Well the bench tells us we need 3/4 signings. 1 to take it up to 9, 1 to to replace Randolph & then upgrades on Ashby & Coventry.
  • Not many options to change it up for next Thursday either.
  • That front 4 has caused issues before, especially in the early part of last season & the 2020/21 season. Fingers crossed.
  • McKenna fit, Colback and Surridge out, Mangala and Awoniyi in

Niakhate will most likely line up on the left of the back 3 as allegedly they're worried about Bowen's pace
  • Quite like the team, personally, albeit Benny is now entering the last chance saloon. The Johnson/Coufal/Soucek trio worries mean in terms of building attacks down our right for Bowen.
  • McKenna fit, Colback and Surridge out, Mangala and Awoniyi in

Niakhate will most likely line up on the left of the back 3 as allegedly they're worried about Bowen's pace

Must have heard about his secret potato filed training
  • We let 2 cb go and an attacking player, alll understandable for the players but madness not to have ready made replacements, I know it’s not easy but not having a full bench and including 2 GK makes my head hurt
  • Hamstew said:

Not many options to change it up for next Thursday either.

And then Brighton three days later.

Hope we get some business done early next week.

But back to this afternoon; looking at the line ups we should have enough. But, you know, Lingard.
  • Rice needs to sit on Lingard until they start to blow as a team.
  • I'm surprised Antonio starts. He's clearly carrying an injury and with Scamacca at the club you'd have thought we wouldn't be risking him unnecessarily any more.

Ah well, got to assume he's fine to play and won't go down inside 20 minutes.
  • edited August 2022
    The bench is similar in number to the ones the Woman’s team put out last season in that it’s not to full capacity both teams need more players IMHO.
  • Antonio needed to play. Former Forest player, will raise his game 10%.
  • Still not concerned

Like if it wasn't for COVID we'd be naming 7 subs and then our bench would look pretty rosy, and it wasn't THAT long ago we used to name 5 subs

To me, it seems as though Ogbonna isn't TOO far away, Dawson seems to be a bit up in the air but potentially he's back soon....then Aguerd is probably only 8 weeks away (been out a month already and was ruled out for 3 months)

We'll buy a new CB I'm sure, probably another CM, LB or Attacker