Forest 🌳 v Hammers ⚒ - Sunday 14th August, 2pm

Comments

• Typical var call
  • It didn't affect the goal though
    Bah humbug
  • I'm not having that at all
  • Obstruction for me. whether through West Ham eyes or not I'm sticking to it
  • I thought the defender moved to block Antonio
  • Not for me Baz. Antonio was making a forward run. Reckon that gets ruled out up the other end?

Now they score.
  • Well that’s typical for us late
    In a half
  • edited August 2022
    of course.....Johnson shown up there....
  • We did not score because of the contact, we scored because NF completely switched off, you have to play the whistle
  • haha whatever
  • Completely fed up
  • And that one was even weirder, ho hum
  • For crying out loud. Where's our luck?
  • yoyo said:

I thought the defender moved to block Antonio

Exactly this, you can see the defender sway directly into Antonio's pass.
  • Big team talk needed. Heads could drop here.

Oh, and I hate VAR.
  • We should have taken our chances when we had them.
  • At least we may actually see the new signings now.

• edited August 2022
    It’s never a foul.

No impact on play & the guy obstructs Antonio’s run.
  • We did not score because of the contact, we scored because NF completely switched off, you have to play the whistle

Agree. The collision had little to do with Rice passing to Benrahma. Still miffed!!!
  • Long season ahead
  • We've been comfortable and progressing for ages. That lucks the last thing we need to buoy them. It was pretty clear we had wrestled control of the game
  • Radio 5 live is all I’ve got to keep up with the match. The commentators and Forest should get a room.
  • Dead unlucky. Can see why our goal was chalked off and then they score and the striker knows little about it. We need to keep our heads. I think we were growing into the game and building a threat.
  • edited August 2022
    Forget that
  • Best team in the league first game up. Newly promoted team's first home game up next. Bogey team in the third game.

Form is one thing, injuries and a light squad are others, but we haven't had a kind fixture list either.

Looking at the goal again; awful defending to let them walk through us and marking was poor.

Big second half needed.
  • I think we’ve been poor (goal should have stood though). When they give us the ball, we look ok, when they attack, we look shaky, when there’s a 50-50 ball to be won, they win it
  • Also, who’s marking Lingard? Midfield absent again. Sooner or later people will realise we have an issue in CM.
  • Maybe just maybe Rice is a tad over rated 🤷🏻‍♂️ 🤔
  • edited August 2022
    Who was marking Lingard for their goal, no one, agree with Luke there, Lingard had the chance himself but lucky for them and a poor knock from Ben gave them their goal....
    Unlucky to have our goal chalked off,could have gone either way, but it is what it is, was Antonio not looking for that, seemed to change direction to do it??....
    We haven't looked great in all fairness...
    Benrahama, Fornals, Bowen, Soucek, too many below par performances..
    It's certainly not over, we haven't been shocking especially against a team who are giving their all in the 1st home PL match for so many years....
    Just gotta keep cool, and hope the ref also improves.