Forest 🌳 v Hammers ⚒ - Sunday 14th August, 2pm

Comments

• edited August 2022
    Just realizing how emotionally taxing that game was, I have had to remind myself that on any other given day we could just as easily won 3-1 and all would be well with the world.

Not a disaster but a setback, especially against a team that over a season, is likely to struggle
  • Disappointing game. We need a CB. Johnson ain't it. Rice was poor and why with his record was he allowed to take the penalty. Soucek hasn't been the player that he was in his first season. Benrahma was the most effective attacker today and rumours are that Moyes wants to sell him. We made too many back and square passes today and things don't look too good.
  • As I said earlier and got trolled for it, we have been comparatively poor for the whole of this calendar year starting with Kidderminster in the cup.
    Hopefully new signings will freshen things up when they’re all here but that will only happen if they play.
    It was obvious we overachieved for two seasons partly due to how some teams grossly underperformed but that won’t continue. Moyes has said we need to refresh the side with recruits so let’s hope he gets them but we started last week and this with the same players.
    Worryingly Rice is playing as though he regrets saying he’ll stay this season.
  • edited August 2022
    Why have w we performed badly against newly promoted teams in recent years?
  • Most elite sports are all about confidence and Rice has to be bit careful and aware, coz if he continues to perform to todays level, he is likely to be with us for a while
  • The absolute worst thing about this is Lingard has been absolutely anonymous.

Well he did make their goal.
  • At least spuds losing , every cloud lol
  • Rice still better than most out there today - difficult to go 100% when you get a yellow card after 10 mins. Very poor penalty though.
  • edited August 2022
    On another day we would have won by a couple of goals...
    I'm trying to remain positive, these days are annoying and frustrating, but happen.

More frustrating for our fans there today.....COYI.
  • edited August 2022
    Anyone see the post match interview with DM in which amongst many things he said was we need more quality on the pitch & he had two good players to come off the bench? Need some new recruits I do really hope we aren’t going to go through another transfer free zone this week. How many do we think will be introduced to the crowd on Thursday night?
  • I feel we need Gallagher
  • We need someone in midfield to make things happen. Soucek isn't it and neither is Rice. We need someone a bit creative.
  • edited August 2022
    ‘2 good players’

Who doesn’t he rate from Lanzini, Cornet and Scamacca

I assume lanzini as the others are recent purchases..

Unless not auth by him..

• Lukerz said:

Is it me or have we started so many seasons
    In recent years with 0 points after 2 or 3 games (last season excluded?)

2022/23 - 0pts after 2
    2021/22 - 6pts
    2020/21 - 0pts
    2019/20 - 1pt
    2018/19 - 0pts
    2017/18 - 0pts
    2016/17 - 3pts
    2015/16 - 3pts
  • Yeah so 4 of the last 6, with 1 of those being 1 point
  • How many of those did we just avoid relegation.
  • Spent all day with children and grandchildren (18 of us). I had intended to try and listen to the game surreptitiously
    through my hearing aids. Glad I was having so much fun. Forgot the time, and so glad I didn't hear it 🤣
  • Anyone see the post match interview with DM in which amongst many things he said was we need more quality on the pitch & he had two good players to come off the bench

He said that?! Bet Ashby, Downes and Coventry are absolutely buzzing to hear that.

If he's trying to put pressure on the board to sanction deals, fine, but that's probably not the best way of phrasing of it.
  • Shout out to Benrahma. One of his better games for us. Thought taking Fornals & Antonio off ruined our momentum.
  • I can partially see his thinking though. We needed a goal and Antonio is our non scoring striker.
  • On the plus side Chris Sutton has shown he is a worthy successor to Lawro. ;)
  • Antonio has only scored twice since January which is a poor return for a striker.
  • On a slightly silly note, their manager has got a face only his mum could love hasn’t he?😳
  • Disappointing result but we easily should have got something from it and could have won it comfortably with more luck. It's not all doom and gloom after only 2 games. I personally think we over achieved over the past 2 seasons and we're already applying pressure to do the same. I don't think we'll finish as high but I'd love some silverware and we'll be ok, with a mixture of results through the season IMO.
  • That was Declan Rice's worst game

He'd obviously been given the job of marking Lingard but within 10 minutes Lingard had used his experience to draw two fouls from Rice than earned a yellow card

For the goal Rice allowed himself to be drawn away leaving Lingard completely free inside the penalty area

Then he took a penalty despite the fact that he is clearly not Mark Noble

Moyes needs to have a serious word with Rice cos he cost us the match and if he wants to deserve the armband he needs to grow up

On the plus side Benrahma and Johnson did well but it looks as if teams have sussed Bowen who was anonymous for the second game in a row
  • edited August 2022
    Think it's harsh to say Rice cost us the game. Certainly not his best performance, but he wasn't that bad. Yes, he missed the penalty, but he also made the assist for Benrahma's goal that should have stood.

Bad luck ultimately cost us that game, not Rice, IMO.
  • Oh, and Forest have just completed another signing 😄. Must be up to about 46 by now.
  • Think it's harsh to say Rice cost us the game. Certainly not his best performance, but he wasn't that bad. Yes, he missed the penalty, but he also made the assist for Benrahma's goal that should have stood.

Bad luck ultimately cost us that game, not Rice, IMO.

I agree about bad luck, but ultimately Rice was at least partially at fault for the goal, missed a penalty, and overall didn’t have a very good game. I agree with ASLEF about his leadership. We’ve had a lot of flat performances today, and Rice - as our best player and captain - should be dragging the rest up.
  • No doom and gloom around here. It's only two games in, players will be returning from injury, others arriving before the close of the transfer window. Summer wildflowers are still blooming. Before you know it we'll all be skipping hand in hand over the rolling hills to a top 4 finish and a place in the Champions League.
  • Benrahma's goal should have stood??? Are you serious???

Antonio's foul on Mangala might have been okay in the NFL or rugby but it was a clear foul in football

Rice was awful and he should have given the penalty to someone who could actually take it like Benrahma, Soucek or Bowen. I'd rather have Fabianski take a penalty than Rice