Summer Internationals

Comments

• Hamstew said:

I thought he was excellent. Along with a couple of others.

Although, as Joe Cole pointed out, he was out of position which led to their goal.
    But as has already been mentioned, it's Southgate asking him to perform in a different role than we are used to seeing him in.
  • I certainly don’t think he played badly. But I thought Bellingham was the best England player, and Musiala was the best player on the pitch
  • Why is Rice starting again against italy .Give the guy a break ,Should be a law against it =)
  • I think the question should be why isn't Bowen starting?
  • steve said:

Why is Rice starting again against italy .Give the guy a break ,Should be a law against it =)

Southgate is building the team around him.
  • will be nice to see how ward-Prowse and rice play next to each other
  • Greaslish wasteful, Sterling has no first touch it seems, Rice best player so far
  • Hi all, I've been out for a couple of beers on a nice day so forgive me if already mentioned..... why is Stirling captain , when he's not always a guaranteed starter and Rice ( who now is ) isn't? Is this me being West ham biased? Perhaps, but I personally don't see Stirling as leadership material.
  • Most Caps Would be my guess
    Not saying that’s right though
  • Have Paul Robinson on Co comms , so irritating IMO
  • Some very high standard face holding from both sides.
  • Bowen on for Mount or Grealish but doubt he will do it
  • Every player on the pitch looks knackered
  • anyone else think this is rubbish, Grealish is a show pony and not worth a start
  • UEFA say this competition replaces friendlies but to be fair it seems senseless taking place at this time.
  • Thankfully I only saw the second half and 45 minutes of my life wasted. Dreadful specitical. On the plus side the snail crawling up my garden wall has been quite entertaining
  • I thought the first half was pretty entertaining, the second was played at a snails pace. Ramsdale, Maguire and Rice the stand outs for England. Bowen again looked lively when he came on. Idk what’s happened to Mount but he does very little for England these days, and Grealish looks tidy in the ball but has absolutely no end product
  • edited June 2022
    Southgate IMO not getting the best out of these players, or perhaps it is what it is…
    Let’s be real, that Italian team was certainly not the strongest …
  • Southgate IMO not getting the best out of these players, or perhaps it is what it is…

I think it’s the fact it’s a tournament that nobody cares about, at the end of a long season. With so few friendlies these days the experimentation comes in the nations league. I think disjointed performances in these games are to be expected.

I think if he gets a semi final or better at the World Cup then he should continue.
  • alderz said:

Southgate IMO not getting the best out of these players, or perhaps it is what it is…

I think it’s the fact it’s a tournament that nobody cares about, at the end of a long season. With so few friendlies these days the experimentation comes in the nations league. I think disjointed performances in these games are to be expected.

I think if he gets a semi final or better at the World Cup then he should continue.
    Time will tell I guess…
    Problem is never sure Southgate knows his best line up, regardless of the tournament or opposition…..
  • I definitely agree with that. He doesn’t know his best XI, and I’m not even sure he knows what formation he’d prefer to play
  • I just saw the player ratings thing on BBC and Maguire was down as one the poorest England players. I thought he had a really good game. Those rate the player things are such a waste of time, it’s clearly a meme to hate Maguire right now and that’s all people are capable of seeing.
  • I dropped off.
  • Slacker said:

I dropped off.

Me too. =)
  • Bowen starts ,Rice does not,SOOOOOOOOOO hope Bowen scores
  • Reid in Kiwi side, still going strong ( I presume it's the same Reid, perhaps I should have delved deeper)
  • It is the same Reid, but he still doesn’t have a club, which is crazy to me
  • Bowen so wasteful for England like watching Benrahma at present.
  • Does Ramsdale ever make any key saves?
  • edited June 2022
    Bowen off for Sterling zzzzzz