Summer Internationals

Ben Johnson starting left back for England U21s this evening in Czechia
«134

Comments

  • Rumours that Bowen getting the nod for tonight. Well deserved and pleased for him
  • I want him to get the nod on Tuesday as I will be there.
  • England team
    1Pickford
    2Walker
    5Coady
    6Maguire
    7Alexander-Arnold
    8Bellingham
    4Rice
    3Justin
    10Bowen
    9Kane
    11Mount
  • Looking forward to an England game for the first time in a long time .And all because Bowen is starting ,2 Hammers in the starting 11 How great is that
  • I really don’t like this wingbacks formation for England. They have the stronger team and I don’t think it takes advantage of having so many good attacking midfielders. Should be 4-2-3-1 imo.
  • Completely agree. Also, Trent is consistently below average for England. I’d rather lose him and have someone like Sterling or Saka in the side
  • Trippier over Trent for me
  • I don't think Trent is a RWB. People think he is because of his attacking ability but how often does that come from a high winger-type position where he's overlapped? His attacking contribution is so often from that cross from a bit deeper. Think he'd play better as a RB.
  • Really disappointing performance overall.
    Wrong formation.
    Wing backs were really poor.
    Mount worked hard but always seems a bit invisible for England.
    Rice always has a ball and chain on him for England and doesn’t play like he does for us at all.
    Bowen had a good first 20 then struggled.
    Maguire can’t defend. Lucky to not lose by more overall.
    Rubbish match to watch. Onto the next one.
  • Mount is awful for England. Just awful.
  • Glad I watched the cricket then.
  • What a wasted talent it is with Rice playing as he does for England. Basically just sits & moves the ball sideways & backwards & fans watch & wonder what all the fuss is about. The back 5 doesn’t work either for me & nor does Mount as a wide midfielder who drifts.

    Pickford
    AA - Stones - Maguire - Justin
    Phillips - Rice
    Bowen - Foden - Grealish
    Kane
  • Trent has never looked remotely good for England. I would have Walker, James and probably Trippier ahead of him on performances
  • I think we only play a back five is to get TAA in the team.
  • In my opinion, Southgate is far too defensive minded for my liking. It maybe because we don't have much quality in the centre back position, that he plays Rice the way he does.
  • Lukerz said:

    What a wasted talent it is with Rice playing as he does for England. Basically just sits & moves the ball sideways & backwards & fans watch & wonder what all the fuss is about. The back 5 doesn’t work either for me & nor does Mount as a wide midfielder who drifts.

    Pickford
    AA - Stones - Maguire - Justin
    Phillips - Rice
    Bowen - Foden - Grealish
    Kane

  • I have never rated Southgate, I think he is perfect for the FA as figure head but not a great football manager. He has a very good batch of players, the best for some time and yet fails to get them play as well as they could in my view.
  • edited June 5
    Is that the same Southgate who got us to a World Cup semi final and only failed to become European champions via a penalty shoot out? That Southgate?
  • No, he's Welsh hahaha
  • No, he's Welsh hahaha

    Edited.😂😉

  • IronHerb said:

    I think we only play a back five is to get TAA in the team.

    Doesn't Southgate pretty much play it all the time?
  • I don't understand why Wales don't play in the Millennium Stadium. Weird.
  • That's because they haven't lost at Cardiff City stadium and the fans are closer to the pitch, so it makes it more intimidating for away fans.
  • IronHerb said:

    I don't understand why Wales don't play in the Millennium Stadium. Weird.

    It's probably because it doesn't exist any more 😂🤣😂

    But yeah, you'd have thought they would.
  • Southgate arguably has a golden generation on his hands, honestly think we'd have won a tournament with this team given how talented it is if it wasn't for him

    Yes he got us to a final but still think he's a pretty clueless manager

    He has a plan A but then has no tactical felixibility to adjust mid game
  • Yarmalenko with a Dowie-esque own goal (might be given to Bale, but it really was an OG).
  • Yarma then unlucky in my opinion not to win a penalty.
  • The “ clueless “ Southgate is our most successful manager since Alf Ramsey.
  • Slacker said:

    Is that the same Southgate who got us to a World Cup semi final and only failed to become European champions via a penalty shoot out? That Southgate?

    That's the one!
  • Slacker said:

    The “ clueless “ Southgate is our most successful manager since Alf Ramsey.

    The very same!
Sign In or Register to comment.