Chelsea (away) Sunday 24th April 2pm Sky Sports

Comments

• Why is double jeopardy not relevant when it’s us?

That was my thought, if a penalty is given you don't get red carded any more, unless it's us, obviously.
  • Fabian ski did brilliantly holding his ground at the penalty.
  • I hate Chelsea
  • Rice didn’t know where to be on that goal. He isn’t a CB anymore.
  • They deserve that, they were there for the taking
  • Why is double jeopardy not relevant when it’s us?

I might be wrong but I think it’s still a red if you deny a goalscoring opportunity when making no attempt to play the ball.

If it had been just a missed tackle, think it’s a yellow.
  • Gutted 😭😭😭
  • Decent try, but Chelsea probably have deserved it....Not the end of the world...
  • I don’t like this patting on back

If we want to progress, we need to show ambition

We’ve come here, had a real chance to win, blown it
  • edited April 2022
    Lukerz said:

I don’t like this patting on back

Bigger things on Thursday Luke, sometimes you just have to see the bigger picture, no?
  • Everything was against us today. Annoying but not the end of the world.
  • I hate to say it but it comes down to not having a big enough squad.
  • Lukerz said:

You’ve had people all week saying we should be resting everyone, then we do, battle to the last minute, and only concede after a red card. I don’t get posts like this
  • Guess we will have to give some youngsters a chance at CB
  • I think this was a real opportunity to take 3 points. We didn’t make an attacking sub until the 70th minute. It’s a massive opportunity missed.
  • Gutted 😭😭😭

more gutted Dawson is now missing....
  • Only plus is Burnley have beaten Wolves, so we haven't lost ground there, and Burnley have moved out of the bottom 3 at the expense of Everton 😂🤣😂
  • alderz said:

Lukerz said:

You’ve had people all week saying we should be resting everyone, then we do, battle to the last minute, and only concede after a red card. I don’t get posts like this
    You react to the game.

They were rubbish today. We could have shown some ambition earlier to try and force 3 points.

Also, that’s never a pen.
  • edited April 2022
    IMO it's an obvious penalty, Luke, were you watching a dodgy stream??!!
  • also, what happened to the double jeopardy rule?
  • Lukerz said:

also, what happened to the double jeopardy rule?

He didn’t make an attempt to play the ball/tackle l. It doesn’t apply.
  • Lukerz said:

alderz said:

Lukerz said:

You react to the game.

They were rubbish today. We could have shown some ambition earlier to try and force 3 points.

Also, that’s never a pen.
    We made attacking subs. I personally think Bowen and Rice shouldn’t have played at all.

It feels, to me, like a bit of an over reaction to criticise us for lacking ambition tbh. Particularly when the decisions taken were clearly to prioritise winning a competition.
  • That hurt.
  • edited April 2022
    I get the decisions originally. For me, you react to the game. Chelsea were there for the taking. We’d how be 7 clear of Wolves with our GD with a win.

I respect Moyes’ original call. Rice isn’t an attacking sub as he doesn’t score/assist. Bowen comes on 70th minute and Lanzini 80th.

Given how poor Chelsea were for the first hour, I find that really frustrating. I said to my dad at 65 mins Chelsea would sleepwalk to a 1-0 win.

Oh well.
  • Chelsea were there for the taking if we had a big enough squad. We don't, Moyes is happy with our small squad and we've had awful luck at the back.
  • I also think Benrahma will be moved on in the summer if he doesn’t up his levels in the last few games.