West Ham vs Lyon (H) Thusday 20:00 KO

Comments

• Lyon players in some kind of competition to see who can spend longest lying down.
  • 1-1 is a great result in the circumstances. With 11 men we can beat them, but it’s not an easy game
  • given down to 10 men we can take a lot from the game, especially the Lyon flopping about, still in this
  • That was an excellent team performance, no complaints about anyone in a Hammers kit
  • Dawson is incredible
  • Considering everything, we have to be happy with that , man down for 45 mins and we are still very much in this one
  • edited April 2022
    Can’t moan about that at all

1-1 is probably the perfect result going into a second away leg, going there winning puts the pressure on us & they go for it
  • Dodger58 said:

That was an excellent team performance, no complaints about anyone in a Hammers kit

No even Cresswell?
  • Actual joke of a ref not good enough.

Fair play to the side for coming back all square at the end of it.

So how many games does Cresswell miss for the Red ?
  • Bad enough playing with ten men against eleven but against twelve is virtually impossible.
    Awful, awful referee.
    Very proud of my boys tonight
  • Does Rice' yellow card carry on to next game?
  • Actual joke of a ref not good enough.

Fair play to the side for coming back all square at the end of it.

So how many games does Cresswell miss for the Red ?

One if it’s not overturned
  • Lads done great, gotta respect the draw

We'll do them at their own turf
  • MIAHammer said:

Dodger58 said:

That was an excellent team performance, no complaints about anyone in a Hammers kit

No even Cresswell?
    Disappointed in Dembele & the ref. Cresswell was unfortunate.
  • Is Antonio the single most frustrating footballer in the game's history?

Nope.

• Lads done great, gotta respect the draw

We'll do them at their own turf

I expect 0-4
  • I dare not post this until after the final whistle, but I was surprised Lyon didn’t get a Penalty. Not saying they should have, but serious doubts about that ref.
  • If you watch it back Bowen was fouled before the ball even got to Dembelé, shocking refereeing.
  • I thought everyone played well. I think we’ll be better next week with Lanzini in for Benrahma. One thing about Fornals is that even if he doesn’t play well he works so, so hard that he affects the game.

Away to these will be hard, but I really think we can do it
  • Really proud of the team considering it was 10 v 12.

We can definitely beat them next week. Will be tough but I didn't see anything to fear tonight.
  • Very much still in this ,Well played boys proud of you all
  • Really proud of the team considering it was 10 v 12.

We can definitely beat them next week. Will be tough but I didn't see anything to fear tonight.

The two lads who came on for them felt like the dangermen. Hopefully they both stay on the bench.
  • Still in the tie after a very gutsy performance.
    Dawson MOM easily for me..
    Not gonna carry on about the ref, blame UEFA for trusting a ref who has a “ checkered “ past to say the least.
    At least he won’t ref the 2nd leg..
    Considering circumstances, very good result
    ⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • The point is Cresswell gave the ref a decision to make but we have to stop allowing players to take the easy option of falling over instead of trying to play football, something they are paid to do. When you keep sending players off, you keep encouraging it.
  • alderz said:

Really proud of the team considering it was 10 v 12.

The two lads who came on for them felt like the dangermen. Hopefully they both stay on the bench.
    That's the concern. They have more options than we do. Just the one (enforced) sub tonight for us.

Their right back looked impressive, too.
  • Not here but did anyone see Payets goal for Marsaille in the Europa conference? Extraordinary strike
  • edited April 2022
    They did score once but apart from that i didn’t think they overly worried our defence tonight. West. ham got through so much good defensive work.
  • Regardless of the red card in general I was not at all impressed with the German official, his decision making was dubious, his continuous stopping of play for non head injuries and falling for some over reacting.
    All in all , IMO not worthy of his FIFA badge.
  • alderz said:

Really proud of the team considering it was 10 v 12.

That's the concern. They have more options than we do. Just the one (enforced) sub tonight for us.

Their right back looked impressive, too.
    Apart from his part in our goal, I’d agree…
  • How many times did Ndombele roll around after not being touched? Then was up as soon as the ref stopped play.