West Ham vs Lyon (H) Thusday 20:00 KO

Comments

• Gone down SO easily. Absolute disgrace.

True. But Cresswell shouldn't have given him the opportunity. He's seen what they've been like all half.
  • The ball is clearly travelling away from goal anyway. Ref is a clown.
  • After seeing him wink, I hope his leg gets broken.
  • Cresswell

What.

Are.

You.

Thinking.
  • Whatever, this ref is a total joke.
  • It was a blatant foul on Bowen before they broke too. The ref is appalling
  • Hasn't this ref been done for match fixing?
  • edited April 2022
    Harsh but IMO, unfortunately I think there was enough intent and contact from Cresser to support the decision,
  • Zouma should've been bolting it back

Obviously Cresswell mistake, but Zouma should've been there

True. But Cresswell shouldn't have given him the opportunity. He's seen what they've been like all half.
    Contact is allowed. You are allowed to touch opposition players.
  • Cresswell

What.

Are.

You.

Thinking.

Thinking a ref might be competent?

It was a stonewall red

Last man and a blatant foul
  • Shocking ref, Cresswell should know better

Our inexperience showed there
  • Absolutely disgusting. European football desperately needs some refs with a spine.

These teams just flop around screaming and the refs lap it up. We're being made mugs of because we have some self-respect.
  • MrsGrey said:

Cresswell

What.

Are.

You.

Thinking.

Thinking a ref might be competent?
    Hes wrong side of the player, he clearly grabs him, and he's last man

Dont see the controversy

Whether Bowen is fouled or not it's irrelevant
  • Nieve defending. I would expect Antonio to go down as well, can't blame the forward

It was a stonewall red

I’m sorry but that is never, ever a red card. He’s barely touched him, and it’s running wide of the edge of the box. At worst it’s a yellow, but honestly I wouldn’t have been shocked to see a foul not even given.
  • This ref is woeful. That's just a fact.
  • edited April 2022

Hasn't this ref been done for match fixing?

It was a stonewall red

No it’s not, if we are encouraging red cards in 1/4 finals of European tournaments for that, we may as well go home
  • And now Moyes gets a yellow
  • DM gets a yellow as the Ref came off

It was a stonewall red

I am staggered you think that was a red.

Again, contact is allowed. Unless the contact legitimately forces a player to go down, it isn't a foul.

Dembele has felt a touch, fallen down howling and then had a little wink afterwards to confirm he's a cheat.

Contact is allowed. You are allowed to touch opposition players.
    In the modern game, it was a foul. Not a red card offence, but a foul. He will have seen how fussy the ref has been, so was asking for trouble, IMO.
  • I also thought they'd tightened up this rule, so that if the ball is travelling away from goal it isn't a red.
  • Not a red. He was running away from goal.
    Cresswell pulled him back however and was looking at the player. Yellow only.
  • Just have to get on with it ,Backs to the wall and all that
  • Not a red card IMO, but this throwing yourself to the floor for anything needs stamped upon. We touched someone’s foot earlier and the Lyon player went down holding his knee!!
  • Outside of the red, I think they’ve had plenty of control of the ball but we’re dangerous on the break. Benrahma has had plenty of chances to open them up and failed to do so, and I’m sure he’ll be off at halftime for Johnson. Two banks of four, play for set pieces
  • CBS Sports are showing the Dawson pass and Benrahma shot about 40 times. Anyone would think this was the only highlight of the entire game.
  • edited April 2022
    Football should not be encouraging players to do that to benefit.

Sorry, it’s just simple stuff. You don’t encourage a player, who is clear into the box, to dive to get a fellow competitor sent off. He should be trying to score. It’s rubbish.