West Ham v Wolverhampton Wanderers, Sunday 27th February, 2pm. SKY

Comments

• That was a big win and more importantly, a much better overall performance against a decent team.

Very pleased with this one

COYI
  • a game we actually played well in for once and actually matched up to the opponent. Well done Moyes and co
  • 45 should be enough to stay up :)
  • Great performance from us, but why is it that after watching West Ham for a number of years, i still wish our one goal wins were only 80 mins! 🛋
    Is Antonio suspended for next league game now? Or do 5 bookings not matter at this point?
  • Great performance from us, but why is it that after watching West Ham for a number of years, i still wish our one goal wins were only 80 mins! 🛋
    Is Antonio suspended for next league game now? Or do 5 bookings not matter at this point?

I saw that graphic but must be his first or second since the reset
  • I thought that was as good a complete, team performance as we have put in for some time. Possibly since before Xmas. Everybody was at least a 7/10. Zouma at the centre of the back 3 & Antonio at the top end of the pitch really set the tone. Antonio a bit unfortunate not to get another couple of assists. We never looked in danger & when we did almost creak Zouma was there to make a vital interception. He read the game really well.
  • 6 games in the next 3 weeks.
    Huge March coming up for us.
  • I reckon OCS should go to the farm more often hahaha
  • I thought we were great. We really seemed to have some energy back today. As I said at half time, Johnson & Cresswell were really snapping into tackles, but both Soucek and Rice were doing the same. We pressed brilliantly, and generally we deserved the win. The goal had a slice of fortune with the stab into a better position for Antonio, but with some better decision making / execution we could have been in for a couple of hours anyway.

Zouma was outstanding, as was Rice. Fornals was my man of the match though, he was excellent - which was absolutely not expected considering his recent form.
  • MIAHammer said:

Why hasn’t Benrahma been brought on with fresh legs? I really feel that Moyes has an issue with him.

Moyes saving him for Saints midweek
  • Since Zouma has returned; 3 goals conceded in 5 games.
  • I think Soucek and Antonio are very lucky to get starts

Soucek goal, Antonio assist.

As always, you're all welcome.
  • Won't be popular but Zouma has been excellent.

Why wouldn’t that be popular?
    MIAHammer said:

Won't be popular but Zouma has been excellent.

I’d be interested to hear from someone at the game if many of our fans are still booing Zouma or whether it’s just a minority. It sounds like it’s more than just the away fans booing.
    A bit of Wolves booing but not much. I haven’t heard any boos from Hammers fans since this all kicked off.
  • MIAHammer said:

Is it just me or are we absolutely terrible at throw-ins?

It’s been about 3-4 years.
    And the rest
  • IronHerb said:

Why wouldn’t that be popular?
    MIAHammer said:

I’d be interested to hear from someone at the game if many of our fans are still booing Zouma or whether it’s just a minority. It sounds like it’s more than just the away fans booing.
    A bit of Wolves booing but not much. I haven’t heard any boos from Hammers fans since this all kicked off.
    Perhaps not the best choice of words though IH !!

Like us all, hated what he did , but played a blinder today....
  • edited February 2022
    Nice stat on the BBC report of the game:

Tomas Soucek is just the second West Ham player to score a Premier League goal on his birthday, after Ricardo Vaz Te

• Also on BBC; I've long thought that the player rating system is useless, and it's been proven today as Neves was given MOTM with a rating of 8.99 / 10
  • Yup, much much better today against an in form side. Defence looked sold, Declan was terrific and Antonio worked so hard up front.

Chuffed.⚒
  • alderz said:

Also on BBC; I've long thought that the player rating system is useless, and it's been proven today as Neves was given MOTM with a rating of 8.99 / 10

Is that the aggregate of the fan ( or anyone bothering to rate the players) ratings?
  • Yeah its the public voting system - Zouma got a 6.66
  • alderz said:

Yeah its the public voting system - Zouma got a 6.66

The great unwashed. Who cares what they think.
  • MrsGrey said:

alderz said:

Exactly, which is why I don't understand the feature!
  • edited February 2022
    alderz said:

MrsGrey said:

alderz said:

Exactly, which is why I don't understand the feature!
    It's like the ' tell us your views ' thing. Pointless.

Plus drives me crazy that they ask for people to identify their tweets etc. The still post anonymous tweets with a feeble plea to ' remember to put your name on it'.

Doh.
    Might as well send Jeff Shreves down to the bus stop and report what people standing in line for the 37 think. It's as much value as anything else.
  • From the BBC web site:
    West Ham goalscorer and birthday boy Tomas Soucek, speaking to Sky Sports: "This goal is maybe the best gift I could do for the fans and also my grandfather came for the first time.

"He has supported me since my childhood and he is 80 in one week, so this goal is for him! He wanted to come but couldnt because of Covid, now finally he is here."

Great for him. My own Grandma loved cricket and I was apparently very similar to her husband (who died when my mum was 15) - I always played my best matches when she came to watch.
  • edited February 2022
    Well this is lovely

https://fb.watch/bryR6D_huq/
  • Credit to Moyes today. He’s taken a bit of stick this week for not signing players & picking the same 11
    & not getting anything different out of it.

Well today he played Fornals as a LWB & brought Lanzini back in to join the defence & midfield together. Slight tweaks that saw a performance miles better than anything we have seen for a while.
  • I enjoyed that game. We played much better, though still lacking a bit of sharpness in the final moments of an attack. Bowen could've done better a couple of times. Fornals was up and down. Lanzini had a good game, I thought. Johnson's was the best right-back performance in a while.

Antonio had some frustrating moments and some good ones. I thought he did a better job in the first half of staying central, though not too much came into him. But the main thing is it was really good to have fans chanting for him just to get his confidence up instead of getting on his back all the time - that's real support and wish we'd get it more.
  • Ironherb your up next match thread awaits
  • Ok, Ok. Just back from the pub. Give us a chance. 🤪
  • Our form is good. 17 points from our last 9 games. We took that from our first 9 games of the season & that was enough for us to be 2 points clear in 4th.