West Ham v Wolverhampton Wanderers, Sunday 27th February, 2pm. SKY

Comments

• This has looked brighter from us than recent games.
  • Antonio did well there, decent snapshot
  • pity Zouma took it off his toes
  • zouma took that off of antonios toes
  • So, is it okay now for the goalkeeper to just push a player in the back?
  • Good to see Johnson back in form
  • I know a lot of our players aren't particularly in form atm, but what has happened to Fornals? He's so far from the player he was last season that it's not true.
  • I know a lot of our players aren't particularly in form atm, but what has happened to Fornals? He's so far from the player he was last season that it's not true.

He said he adjusted his sleep to help his wife and that's impacted him
  • Rice cracks the bar

Fornals doing well but missing the chance enough pull the trigger when in a good position, definitely short on confidence
  • edited February 2022

I know a lot of our players aren't particularly in form atm, but what has happened to Fornals? He's so far from the player he was last season that it's not true.

He said he adjusted his sleep to help his wife and that's impacted him
    I wondered if it was being a new dad that was a factor, but, in all honesty, given the money he (and other footballers) gets paid, it's a poor show to continue doing something that you know is compromising your work performance whilst still taking his £50/60/80k a week. If his wife is struggling to sleep, I suspect he can afford a nanny. Most footballers get a lot more time off through the week than most workers, so it's not as though I'm asking him to sacrifice quality time with his family, but if he knows he's underperforming because of it then I think it's pretty disloyal to the club to continue to do it.
  • We've played really well this half.
  • Should be ahead....Another great chance, Lanzini just couldn't get enough on it to turn a Antonio cross

Cutting through them, we've been FAR the better team
  • Injury or taking the sting out of the game?
  • Can’t moan so far. Played really well against a very solid side.
  • Lucky to not concede there.
  • That was a scare, they shoulda scored there.
  • and all over the place at the back again, something about 45+ minutes and us
  • Managed to not concede on half time
  • Performance is good but they are a tough nut. Lots of nice passages that we have clearly work on. Fornals is playing LWB which seems to be working & Rice is sitting deeper than usual.
  • Much better half from everyone. If Johnson could cross he would be some player. First goal could win this!⚒
  • Played better than last few games without having the final bit to score.
    Wolves do have a very strong bench tho....
  • Looking a bit more like our old selves, just need to produce a goal now.
  • Can’t help feel Wolves game plan was to waste the half & keep it 0-0 to allow the bench players a half off & then they’ll all come on to try & win it. Could have really done with a goal.
  • So much better than the Newcastle game. Now boys, finish them off
  • I think we’ve been really good out of possession, snapping into their midfield whenever the ball goes into them, pressing really well. Johnson and Cresswell particularly have been really aggressive.

We’ve played an interesting shape, as out of possession it’s almost like Fornals is left wing back.

Not many clear cut chances, but you don’t get many of them against this Wolves defence. If we can keep this up then I’d back us to win. But they have a good bench that can change the game.

I’m enjoying this one.
  • More worried about there bench ,Then there players on the pitch .
  • Been a slow opening to the 2nd half