West Ham v Wolverhampton Wanderers, Sunday 27th February, 2pm. SKY

Comments

• I like Fornals on the left, but I think he looks lost when he’s on the right. I agree with changing things up a bit, but I think we’re more likely to go to a 3
    Lukerz said:

I would go

Fabianski
    Johnson - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Rice - Soucek - Fornals
    Bowen - Antonio - Vlasic

I feel we regularly lose out down our left with lacking natural balance. When there’s no Cresswell we have to go with Johnson or Fredericks, we often play Fornals/Lanzini/Benrahma on the left who are all right footed. I feel we lack that direct option to put a cross straight into the box when we attack down this side, with us trying to cut inside & either go back or make our way to the box or we whip in a cross, right footed, which often drifts too close to the keeper.

Vlasic is right footed, I think
  • Moyes has started with the same 4-2-3-1 formation since he took over from Pellegrini apart from the rare occasions when he's played a back three against the big boys.

I just don't see him changing formation against Wolves at home
  • I want to see Antonio playing mainly down the middle and getting some service; not spending his time up and down the wings
  • Not sure i want to see Antonio ,Except on the bench coming on later just might give him the push he needs
  • Antonio always goes out onto the wings, the three attacking midfielders need to be aware and make runs into the box
  • Three games in 6 days. Moyes will bench Antonio for one, but which one? They're all important. I think he'll try Vlasic against Wolves and keep him there if it works.
  • Let's hope so.
  • Vlasic has failed to impress me albeit with perhaps somewhat limited chances, if given the chance he really needs to take it, we’ve seen more than enough very average showings at best IMO…

• We were rubbish again. Antonio is never going to score another goal.Sell Vlasic. Why can’t Cresswell cross a ball? Benrahma was a waste of space. Good job we’ve got points on the board because this is relegation form.
    All Moyes’ fault why didn’t we buy eight new player in January?!

Just getting it in early.😉
  • We need a clean sheet today & I think we’ll get it.

1-0 - Bowen
  • What I think we'll see

Fab
    Johnson Dawson Zouma Cresswell
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Benrahma Fornals
    Antonio
  • If Lanzini is fit then he should play .Also Vlasic for Antonio ,Lets try something differant .Lanzini can pick a pass .And Vlasic can finish it off .At lest it might not end up in row Z
  • A positive result is obviously most important but it would also be nice to see a good performance. We haven’t played well in what feels like quite a while now.
  • Antonio starts can we super glue him to the pen spot
  • edited February 2022
    Fab
    Johnson Dawson Zouma Cresswell
    Soucek Rice
    Bowen Lanzini Fournals
    Antonio

Areola Alese Diop Kral Noble Benrahama Vlasic Oxo-Flex Perkinbs
  • But we all know it'll be

Fabianksi
    Coufal Dawson Zouma Cresswell
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Lanzini Fornals
    Antonio

Either way, it's an away win. We've struggled against Watford, Leicester and Newcastle. A very good Wolves team in great form will turn us over all too comfortably I reckon.

I'm glass half empty, by the way...

I knew Benrahma would be dropped. Always the Moyes scapegoat.
  • To be fair, Fornals and Bowen are better at tracking back, and Lanzini is nice and tidy on the ball. We’ll lose some attacking impetus, but we’ll be more solid and I think we probably need that.
  • Wolves make five changes from Thursday and from the side we lost to in November

RWB Semedo injured
    LWB Ait-Nouri, CM Moutinho, RW Podence CF Jimenez on the bench

Sa
    Kilman, Coady, Saiss,
    Hoever Neves, Dendoncker, Marcal,
    Trincao, Silva,
    Hwang.

Ruddy, Aït-Nouri, Jonny, Boly, Moutinho, Cundle, Neto, Podence, Jiménez

19yo CF Silva and 20yo RWB Hoever both make their 2nd Premier League starts this season

Silva scored against us in our 3-2 win back in April

Right, I'm off down the pub, see you lot on the other side
  • steve said:

Antonio starts can we super glue him to the pen spot

Nobody leaves Antonio in the corners =)
  • alderz said:

To be fair, Fornals and Bowen are better at tracking back, and Lanzini is nice and tidy on the ball. We’ll lose some attacking impetus, but we’ll be more solid and I think we probably need that.

I dunno. Benrahma is the most subbed player in the league and he must be one of the most rotated. Do you have stats on that alderz? How many consecutive starts has he made at West Ham?

I get that he doesn't offer as much defensively as Fornals, but that's not his game. Never has been. He excelled at Brentford having licence to play football and express himself. Not sure why Moyes signed him, to be honest.
  • Hope we make a gesture pre-game re Ukraine.
  • I think Soucek and Antonio are very lucky to get starts. But not unexpected given the options available.

Ah well. You'll have the game without my dripping; I'm at the farm with my boy. Good luck everyone.
  • Hope we make a gesture pre-game re Ukraine.

That would be great! I totally support.
  • Odd selection from Wolves
  • Lukerz said:

Odd selection from Wolves

given our inconsistent form maybe they think their momentum will carry them through this and they will look to turn the crowd early as is what happens with us
  • if we ask nicely can we have the ball :)
  • crosses in not good enough atm but getting more of the ball
  • Don’t like Hwang, trying to get players booked for nothing.
  • edited February 2022
    Is Soucek playing further forward today?
  • Wolves are letting us break quickly which seems to be working for us