Zouma

Comments

• Well, obviously I’m not the RSPCA, so I don’t know. What I do know, though, is that Billy Sharp didn’t get as bad an injury as he could have, and didn’t get as bad an injury as a lot of people who never see their assailants prosecuted. If you think that there has to be a serious injury to warrant repercussions then idk what to tell you other than you’re wrong.
  • Maybe you didn't but I did and that's all that matters. Surely you should understand that.

Yesterday you literally said that “all that matters” is if the person reading the post found it rude. Now you’re telling me I’m wrong for finding your previous posts rude?
  • edited May 2022
    alderz said:

Maybe you didn't but I did and that's all that matters. Surely you should understand that.

Yesterday you literally said that “all that matters” is if the person reading the post found it rude. Now you’re telling me I’m wrong for finding your previous posts rude?
    Please tell me the post you're referring to.

• And still waiting for an answer to this.
    "What are the injuries suffered by the cat that the RSPCA have decided to bring a prosecution, since it's at the RSPCA's discretion to do so or not."

The cat does not need to be injured for the RSPCA to get involved. The fact that Zouma kicked it is. I'm no RSPCA expert but I do know they carry out deep investigations in attempts to catch people mistreating animals. When an instance is handed to them on a plate they will obviously, and correctly, take action. It's not difficult.
  • If you look on their site, they claim to start with education of the person. Prosecution usually last resort in severe cases.
  • If he gets prosecuted does the club terminate his contract ?
  • Why would they?
  • I suspect, as someone mentioned earlier, that it was such a high profile case that it would have sent a very poor message if he hadn't been prosecuted.
  • I suspect, as someone mentioned earlier, that it was such a high profile case that it would have sent a very poor message if he hadn't been prosecuted.

The judge that sentenced the guy that hit Billy Sharp said that he wanted to send a message. I don’t really think it’s fair, but there is a precedent that the justice system likes to make an example of people.
  • Zouma has pleaded guilty to three charges brought by the RSPCA under the Animal Welfare Act at Thames Magistrates Court this morning.
    Not sure when sentencing will take place.
  • IronHerb said:

Not sure when sentencing will take place.

June 1st according to the BBC article
  • MrsGrey said:

Why would they?

well i assume any jail time would be a termination of contract ? i assume there will be other incidences that would trigger a termination too.
  • It will be outrageous if he gets a jail sentence. I don't think the charges carry a jail option.
  • In the news article I just read, an RSPCA officer is quoted as saying that the incident sparked a rash of copycat actions and uploaded videos.

Presumably the RSPCA will prosecute those with as much zeal.
  • Of course, what are you implying MrsG? 🤔 😄
  • IronHerb said:

Due process needs to take place. West Ham’s fine was basically window dressing imo.

Well, due process is taking place and if it leads to a custodial sentence a lot of people will be outraged, but if it ends in a non-custodial sentence a lot of people will still be outraged.
  • So be it.
  • My guess a fine and a banning order from owing pets then he has to explain that to his kids
  • He should be held accountable for his actions. Unless he's Boris Johnson.
  • The most important question you should be asking is.... Does Boris own any cats?
  • Would you believe him should he answer the question?
  • I reckon cats might explain why he has so many different birds. 😉
  • In court today at 10am for sentencing.
  • IronHerb said:

In court today at 10am for sentencing.

Ye gods Herb, what have you done =)
  • It wasn't me guv, honest!
  • edited June 2022
    Sensible, although not really sure of the impact as this has already been sensibly dealt with by the club. Let’s hope an animal charity is happy to give him a second chance. Let’s move on now. What he did was badly misjudged ‘entertainment’ but should not define him.
  • edited June 2022
    The money was always going to be no big deal but I am glad he will have at least 180 hours to be reminded of what he did to the cats