Zouma

Comments

• According to Sky now Kurt is going to be prosecuted.
  • I see his brother has been charged by the RSPCA for filming it but no news as yet about Kurt.

As far as I know, there's not been any news about the cat either.
  • I see his brother has been charged by the RSPCA for filming it but no news as yet about Kurt.

As far as I know, there's not been any news about the cat either.
    Cats still with the RSPCA according to this, which confirms both brothers to be charged

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60771710
  • Good, because it will draw a line under the incident and we can move on.
  • I think, personally, good because they deserve to be prosecuted.
  • alderz said:

I think, personally, good because they deserve to be prosecuted.

Alderz, out of curiosity, what would you consider to be the appropriate punishment that would finally put an end to this?
  • Zouma left out of the French squad, according to French publication RMC Sport who claim that Didier Deschamps will bring Manchester United ace Raphaël Varane back into the France squad and will ignore Zouma due to the recent controversy surrounding him - from .

So sounds like a form of punishment from Deschamps. Bearing in mind what usually happens to Hammers away on International duty, perhaps it will be good for us.

"Kurt Zouma (West Ham) ne sera pas retenu après son histoire de la vidéo où on le voyait violenter son chat au début du mois de février. Un acte qui avait été condamné par le sélectionneur."
  • That's just Deschamps reverting to 'big club' mentality.
  • alderz said:

I think, personally, good because they deserve to be prosecuted.

Alderz, out of curiosity, what would you consider to be the appropriate punishment that would finally put an end to this?
    I don't think I am qualified to say what an appropriate punishment for anything, tbh. I think, though, that animal cruelty should be punished. The RSPCA prosecuting is the right thing, in my opinion, and whatever happens as a result of that will hopefully be satisfactory.
  • Medium fine and possible Community Service.
  • Bring back the guillotine!
  • IronHerb said:

Medium fine and possible Community Service.

Top man 👍
  • Bring back the guillotine!

I'm curious about this post. I'm reading it as you sort of criticising the idea that other people think there should be some form of repercussion for Kurt and his brother; BUT I'm aware that I might be misunderstanding the tone of the post.
  • Alderz:
    "BUT I'm aware that I might be misunderstanding the tone of the post."

It was meant in an unserious response to the previous post from IH "Medium fine and possible Community Service."

The clue was in the word guillotine, Zouma being French etc. whereas "hanging's too good for him" might have been taken seriously. ;)

• edited March 2022

Bring back the guillotine!

We had the "guillotine" before the French!

The "Halifax gibbet" started lopping off heads in 1286 until Oliver Cromwell abolished the death penalty for petty theft (anything over the modern day equivalent of £8) in 1650.

Edinburgh had something similar called "The Maiden" from 1565 until 1710

The clue was in the word guillotine, Zouma being French etc. whereas "hanging's too good for him" might have been taken seriously. ;)

In Hartlepool they only hang French monkeys...
  • Now look what you've done. 😂
  • IronHerb said:

Now look what you've done. 😂

Cruelty to monkeys! ;)
  • Aslef they hanged any monkeys believing them to be French spies.
  • Aslef they hanged any monkeys believing them to be French spies.

Thorn, I'm fairly certain that ASLEF knows the story. ;)
  • The monkey in question was a French powder monkey, a loader for the ships cannon. A boy really unless he either looked like a monkey or was a real monkey.
  • It was a real monkey, a ship mascot but the people of Hartlepool had never seen a Frenchman and thought the monkey was one.
  • Well that explains Jeff Stelling then.
  • What did the Frenchmen think the Englishmen were? The sheep? I find this bizarre 🙄
  • Q.I. said it was an urban myth
  • There is no record of it ever happening, so in all likelihood it's just an Urban myth.
  • Well who would record that for posterity? 😂
  • Well not the monkey hahaha
  • edited March 2022
    Q: What's an urban myth?

A: An unmarried city-dwelling young woman with a lisp.

Coat, please. =)