Emirates FA Cup 4th Rd - Kidderminster Harriers v West Ham United, Sat 5th Feb 12.30, BBC TV.

Comments

• How lucky 2 deep injury time winners
  • This is the worst feeling win ever
  • We're winning it all
  • Completely underserved
  • Actually a bit disappointed

We weren't good enough, Kidderminster should have won today
  • We were dreadful for most of the game. Bigger picture, though, this Moyes team has a lot more guts than other teams we've had in recent years.
  • All of our players should donate this weeks salary to Kidderminster. They don’t deserve to be paid for that performance.
  • Very undeserved. Kiddiminster must be gutted. Now we know how Man Utd fans feel 😀.
  • We so did not deserve that
  • Grinding out a win.

Win when you play badly.

Definition of massive?
  • MrsGrey said:

Grinding out a win.

Win when you play badly.

Definition of massive?

There was nothing massive about today.....
  • I dunno why but I feel slightly deflated
  • Declan again showing his class in the post match interview
  • BBC comms saying West Ham players acting like they've run over Kidderminster cat.
  • I honestly cannot believe we couldn't find any players better than Diop and Yarmolenko last month.

Incredible to think anyone thinks Yarmolenko is good enough, let alone a PL manager.
  • Class from RIce
  • I must admit that I was worried about Zouma, it looked like his studs got stuck in the grass and he twisted his knee..have to feel sorry for Kidderminster but am pleased that we got through and can hopefully put this behind us
  • IMHO that starting line up is why I question those who think everything is ok with our strength in depth. It just reinforces why we should have been active in the last window.
  • Blimey, if Zouma is out then that means Dawson and Diop again
  • Ok the winner of posh qpr next round please
  • How did Zouma look at the end ,hope he is okay
  • I remember the 1980 cup run. We played away at West Brom in 3rd round and drew 1-1 thanks to an amazing display by Parkes. We deserved to be buried that day but he played out of his skin. We won the replay and went on to win it.
    Was today an omen.
  • How can we need rely on Rice to save us against non-league opposition?

At least Yarmi's dive didn't win a penalty as we would be public enemy no1 now.

Every bit of the transfer window failure laid bare. No Antonio no threat, Centre backs not good enough.

All credit to Kidderminster. always looked to play football and clearly didn't get to this fixture by luck.
  • I thought their full backs were very good.
  • We won. Happy happy joy joy.
  • It was the most unconvincing win I've seen in ages.
    Yeh we are in the draw for the next round, but that was a shocking display IMO
    Very,very few positives out of that game to take IMO.
    Just proves our depth is lacking and not good enough, Kral, on that 1st half showing a waste of space and way, way off pace, Vlasic, another waste of money at present, he just seems average at best.... and apart from Rice who is destined for better things, not much to be proud of in that game...

But we won...so, we go on.....
  • MrsGrey said:

We won. Happy happy joy joy.

I'd personally stop at we won!....
  • edited February 2022
    I think there were mistakes from Moyes from the off. Kral and Noble haven't played any football for months so to start both was risky, and it showed. Both were rusty and clearly didn't trust their touch on a bad surface.

Johnson was in the wrong position. Fredericks in the wrong sport.

Tactically we were poor, too. Short corners didn't work, long balls didn't work. Nothing worked until Rice, Fornals and Cresswell came on and clear evidence that the squad doesn't have enough depth of quality.

It's really frustrating to see what a lot of us were cross about on Monday playing out in front of us. Hopefully Zouma's injury isn't bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's tweaked his ACL. Certainly be surprised to see him play on Tuesday.
  • If that is Zouma seriously injured then I think that’s our season curtailing given the way Diop is currently performing. Hindsight is wonderful but you live & die by decisions & then what happens after & not signing a CB, to then lose one, makes Moyes look silly.
  • I couldn’t tell if he was hobbling or not as Zouma tends to move around in a hobbling manner even when not injured