Comments

• happy happy joy joy
  • You're all more than welcome 😎
  • Nobles lumbering up and down the touchline. Lovin it. Lol
  • Cresswell has been excellent.
  • MrsGrey said:

Nobles lumbering up and down the touchline. Lovin it. Lol

Lumbering? That's more Yarmo's bag.
  • rest a few maybe ? get Noble / Fredericks / Masuaku some time in their legs ?
  • I'd like to see Noble get a European goal
  • yoyo said:

I'd like to see Noble get a European goal

He's getting the winner in the final, don't worry 👍

I'd like to see Dan Chesters get a run out.
  • Despite being 3-0 down Genk seem like the most threatening of all 3 teams we have played so far.
  • Fornals and Benrahma coming on.

See, I know Moyes is a pragmatist, but what better situation than this to give Ashby and Chesters some minutes?
  • Chesters getting some minutes 👏
  • Urgh, Bowen ... Fitness.. farm
    Add it to the West Ham bingo card.
  • I agree with you OCS, but what I do like is that he doesn’t give away appearances - you have to earn it. Looks like Chester’s may be coming on.
  • Like to see Nobby there giving the kids instructions
  • Most importantly no injury concerns, by the looks of it
  • Antonio fresh for Spurs, which is lovely.
  • edited October 2021
    Ben Johnson spoke well In the after game interview. Seems sensible and smart, good lad
  • Ben Johnson so impressive in his post match interview. What a top lad.
  • BBC website coverage.. 'Lovely atmosphere at the London Stadium'.

Makes me happy, but ...
  • OCS goes negative, gets plaudits, I on the other hand go positive and predict correctly and only Dodger appreciates me. I sense some bias hahaha
  • You are our under the radar secret weapon!
  • OCS goes negative, gets plaudits, I on the other hand go positive and predict correctly and only Dodger appreciates me. I sense some bias hahaha

OCS is fast becoming a key contributor on match threads .

Norvern v Southern, methinks. ;-)
  • 6 points is a nice gap with 3 to play. Beat Genk again and Vienna and Zagreb draw we will top the group. :)
  • I did predict the second half against Leeds as well. Although it didn't work against Brentford. As the great Meatloaf said, 2 out of 3 ain't bad hahaha
  • 3 EL wins each followed by a PL defeat. We’ve got to stop that sequencing on Sunday.
  • MrsGrey said:

OCS goes negative, gets plaudits, I on the other hand go positive and predict correctly and only Dodger appreciates me. I sense some bias hahaha

That's not enough to convince me to move back down south hahaha
  • edited October 2021
    MrsGrey said:

Could be right there MrsGrey as I was born in Stockport and have relatives in Euxton (Preston will know there that is), although moved to Essex when six months old!

• Yep, it's nearly Chorley.
    Does 10 points win the group?
  • Another enjoyable game!

I'm with Lukerz et al, I thought first half we were good. Some nice play between our attacking mids who haven't had much game time this season. Little really created in that 45, but warming into the game and bossing possession. Then second half quickly put the game to bed, and then managed the game out solidly. Texbook group stage football.

Always nice to see us score 3 :) Cresswell was outstanding today IMO, he is always an option and such a weapon down that left hand side, and with his abilities with set plays.

Rice once again is the heartbeat of this side. The two 'backup' CBs both did their jobs well, and really pleased for them both to get on the scoresheet.

I thought Yarmo had a decent game. He has great vision, and some of his flicks are a delight, just a real shame he hasn't got much pace anymore. However, when we are playing possession football rather than counter attack, he is a worthwhile option.

Very interesting I thought that when Fredericks came on for Cress, he played at LB rather than switching with Johnson. I presume Coufal isn't gonna be back for Sun so Moyes wanted Johnson to keep in RB mode mentally?

Also of course, great to see a debut by a homegrown Chesters - go on lad, top stuff!