KRC Genk (home) Thursday 21st October 8pm BT Sport 2

Comments

• edited October 2021
    Vlasic been very underwhelming so far as a signing hopefully its just an embedding thing and he grows with time but the guy isn't offering anything more than Noble could really. Leaning more to hoping he is like Fornals in his first season, where he showed lots of effort but little quality.
  • edited October 2021

First goal is going to absolutely open this game up.

Not convinced there'll be one. As comms have just said, we're lacking a focal point in our attacks. No-one to cross to in the box and no-one to hold up the ball.
    Once again, you're welcome
    Thank you.

Again.
    Make sure you are ready for duty on Sunday. We'll need you.
  • We might be winning but it has been a very “ average “ performance so far IMO…
    It’s been a dull first half
  • Dawson off his shoulder.
  • MrsGrey said:

Good chance created by Vlasic, but neither Bowen or Yarmolenko make a striker's run into the six yard box.

See, the Comms guys were saying this. A nice ball in..
    But if you play a ball to where you don't have a teammate, it's also a misplaced pass. So I'm not completely impressed.

Playing a ball to where someone should have been... Ok but better to play it to where they are.
    I thought it was actually a very poor shot. Yarmo has the man at the back post, but he had peeled back in plenty of time for Vlasic to see the run, so if it was a pass it was a poor one.
  • We don’t look like scoring but their big players worry me

You get some OCS kudos too.
  • edited October 2021
    I am watching a different game.

Think we have been bright & inventive, remaining patient. Just not coming off at times but we remained composed & deserved the goal. It’s not our normal attacking four after all.

All their pressure has come from offsides & we have dealt with them comfortably.
  • Very flat up front. Not too many runners to aim for. Quite underwhelming. I think we'll get better second half. Well , we have to really
  • Luke … I wanna know what you are on…
    A lot of huff n puff and not much else.
    They had some moments aided by some very dubious goalkeeping from Areola
  • edited October 2021

Luke … I wanna know what you are on…
    A lot of huff n puff and not much else.
    They had some moments aided by some very dubious goalkeeping from Areola

Not on anything 👍

It’s not always going to be vintage

I think a lot of complacency has set in from some fans & pundits about this game, almost expecting a rout

We have 4 players who started Sunday in these positions, we have linked well but just not quite on the same wavelength in the box

I am more than happy given it’s a European game & given the changes to the 11

Yeah there is room to get better but that’s the same in any match
  • edited October 2021
    Not sure if it just me, but I’ve been unimpressed by Onuachu this far. Or am I doing an OCS here?
  • Not sure if it just me, but I’ve been unimpressed by Onuachu this far.

Cue second half hat trick for Onuachu.

• This is not over yet as they are dangerous on the break.

I would like to see more threat to keep pressure on them, for me that's Benrhama for Yarmalenko and Fornals for Lanzini who looks pretty anonymous. If we get close in on the 90 without adding a second then Zouma or Ogbonna in a back three and let Bowen off as he will likely be finished by then anyhow.
  • Moysie will have a word with them at half time, we'll go through a couple of gears and score a couple of goals.
  • I think we’ll see Dawson and Diop. Dawson will continue to terrorise teams like this at attacking corners imo, he’s a lot to handle for the best defenders.

👀
  • I think we’ll see Dawson and Diop. Dawson will continue to terrorise teams like this at attacking corners imo, he’s a lot to handle for the best defenders.

👀
    Eski bringing the magic too ✊
  • Vlasic gets rid of the ball as soon as he gets it. Making no runs and not really offering himself up. I'm quite unimpressed with him so far. Early days hopefully
  • Lanzini really is done at this level. I honestly don't know what he's supposed to bring to the team. Other than worldies against Spurs.
  • Lanzini really is done at this level. I honestly don't know what he's supposed to bring to the team. Other than worldies against Spurs.

I see what you are doing. Most excellent.
  • Yarmolenko buries one into the crowd. That goes in if he's wearing a yellow shirt.
  • Lucky we have Spurs next :p
  • Would like to see us get Masuaku on and go to wingbacks add some more wing play just to change something up and get Genk thinking.
  • MrsGrey said:

Lanzini really is done at this level. I honestly don't know what he's supposed to bring to the team. Other than worldies against Spurs.

I see what you are doing. Most excellent.
    😄 I actually wasn't. I just really struggle to see what he offers.
  • Set-piece Kings are back
  • 2-0 came about by Vlasic making a run, he must have read my post!
  • Bowen for the third!

We be motoring.
  • Thoroughly deserved

Just needed to be patient and chill
  • edited October 2021
    Lol. My stream is lagging and I read your post before the goal. I'm thinking OCS O.o

I realise you aren't psychic.

So lanzini for 4?
  • Floodgates wide open ?