KRC Genk (home) Thursday 21st October 8pm BT Sport 2

Comments

• 2-0 win.

COYI
  • Coufal did not train today, Kral still isolating due to positive COVID test.

Fredericks did train, as did Noble. Both likely to be in the squad.
  • Woke up not really worried about this one ,but as time ticks by i have become worried
  • I see we were fined £50K for the trouble at the last game against Rapid.
  • Vienna leading Zagreb, if that score stays as it is beating Genk would give us a 6 point cushion with 3 to play :o
  • Antonio not even on the bench. Planned, I assume, rather than a knock.
  • edited October 2021
    Pretty strong line up apart from Yarmo. I'd love for him to prove me wrong though.
  • Hamstew said:

Pretty strong line up apart from Yarmo. I'd love for him to prove me wrong though.

He should wear his Ukraine shirt under the claret and blue tonight. He's like a different player for them.
  • Carlton Cole’s just said on BT Sport that Ben Johnson has been mentoring youth team players and is already doing his coaching badges
  • Seems a level headed lad, played well last weekend I thought
  • Hope Yarmo scores ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Kind of like him ,Did i say that =)
  • I would have preferred Zouma as there big threat is Onuachu so at least one of our two first choice centre backs may have been a good idea. I would have thought Antonip may have a knock but Moyes didn't say he had. Great opportunity to get clear in the group so I hope we haven't got the selection wrong. We do have both first choice DM's so that should provide enough quality to dominate the middle and support the defence.
  • Yarmo Watch:

2nd minute - step over, step over, step over, misplaced pass.
  • You can tell already that Dawson is going to absolutely love his evening up against that lamppost upfront.
  • Genk goal ruled out for offside.

Not quite on it yet.
  • Good chance created by Vlasic, but neither Bowen or Yarmolenko make a striker's run into the six yard box.
  • edited October 2021
    Soucek forces their 'keeper into a save.

We're not playing particularly well so far. Not very fluid, which is to be expected with six changes.

A Genk player just injured his face running into Dawson's back.
  • Bowen and Cresswell both miscue a shot in the same move. Proper Sunday league stuff, that.
  • First goal is going to absolutely open this game up.
  • edited October 2021

First goal is going to absolutely open this game up.

Not convinced there'll be one. As comms have just said, we're lacking a focal point in our attacks. No-one to cross to in the box and no-one to hold up the ball.

Lanzini having one his 'I don't know what you're supposed to be doing' games.
  • edited October 2021

Good chance created by Vlasic, but neither Bowen or Yarmolenko make a striker's run into the six yard box.

See, the Comms guys were saying this. A nice ball in..
    But if you play a ball to where you don't have a teammate, it's also a misplaced pass. So I'm not completely impressed.

Playing a ball to where someone should have been... Ok but better to play it to where they are.
  • Will look at Johnson's stats at half time. Feels like a lot of wasted possession, but maybe I'm only noticing the bad stuff.
  • MrsGrey said:

Good chance created by Vlasic, but neither Bowen or Yarmolenko make a striker's run into the six yard box.

But if you play a ball to where you don't have a teammate, it's also a misplaced pass. So I'm not completely impressed.

Playing a ball to where someone should have been... Ok but better to play it to where they are.
    I think Vlasic did the right thing. Two forwards in the box, one should drop, the other should attack the six yard box. Both Bowen and Yarmolenko dropped.
  • Areola channeling his inner Fabianski
  • edited October 2021
    We’ve been poor…
    Areola very dodgy and unconvincing so far…
  • MrsGrey said:

I think Vlasic did the right thing. Two forwards in the box, one should drop, the other should attack the six yard box. Both Bowen and Yarmolenko dropped.
    I can see that. It's what can happen when they've not played together before
  • We don’t look like scoring but their big players worry me
  • West Ham and Short corners seriously
  • MrsGrey said:

MrsGrey said:

I can see that. It's what can happen when they've not played together before
    Yeah, it's one of those things.

But a 'natural' striker would attack the box, and that's what we're lacking tonight (and any other time Antonio's not playing).
  • First goal is going to absolutely open this game up.

Not convinced there'll be one. As comms have just said, we're lacking a focal point in our attacks. No-one to cross to in the box and no-one to hold up the ball.
    Once again, you're welcome