Europa League Matchday 2: West Ham v Rapid Vienna (H): Thursday 30th September; 20:00

Comments

• Fair play Ref
  • Always loved VAR!!
  • edited September 2021
    We've lost our mojo since the substitutes
  • I’m getting nervy now.
  • How did he miss that
  • How did he miss?
  • Big miss from Bowen!
  • Oh Bowen.

We’ve made really hard work of this.
  • Hope we don’t pay for that.
  • Just a little bit rubbish there.
  • We always look better when Fornals is on the pitch.
  • Oh no, 5 minutes to hold on.
  • Phew…..2-0
  • Well there have been 9 subs. Benny baby
  • Well taken Benrahma
  • WOW!!!!!!! Benny!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2021
    Hurrah. But the defence seemed really weak for that goal. They just stood there. I'd have been furious if that was scored against us.
  • Happy happy joy joy
  • edited September 2021
    Good result against a determined team, we did get the result but seemed to make hard work of it but fair play to Vienna…
    Still not too impressed with Vlasic , he certainly needs time to settle…
  • I felt we were poor tonight and made hard work of beating a very poor team who didn't really offer much. I think the team looked disjointed and missed most the rapport that has been established up front between Fornals, Bowen and Antonio. When Fornals came on I felt we looked more of our usual self.

I don't like Diop and Dawson together and although neither had a bad game I felt not having Zouma or Ogbonna was an unnecessary risk. Yarmy doesn't seem to offer much and although I wouldn't have started him I was sort of pleased for him as I felt were there a game he would be able to show what he can do it would be this one, he didn't do too much unfortunately.

We got the points however and still have control of the group so we can't be too upset.
  • In the end, Rapid had more possession. Which is strange. Because at one point we were totally dominant.
  • The thing is, we don't need loads of possession, we are just economical with what we get.
  • We could’ve gone in 3-0 up at h/t but it was a bit of a struggle in the second half.
    I think it just shows what we all knew, we’re a a different team without Antonio.
    Still, job done and the winning run continues.
  • edited September 2021
    Fair enough. I just feel like when we are hanging on to a 1-0 lead, and have been so dominant for the majority of the game, to allow the other side to basically own the ball risks a disappointment in the closing stages. Not good game management, imo.
  • We won in 3rd gear. Have to be happy with that given it was not our first 11.
  • edited September 2021

I don't like Diop and Dawson together and although neither had a bad game I felt not having Zouma or Ogbonna was an unnecessary risk.

IMO thought Dawson was excellent, with Diop not far behind….No risk for me , especially that Ogbonna IMO has not yet reached his form of last season yet.
  • BBC being a bit cheeky: yes, Spurs are better than Slovenia's 5th best team.
  • Lukerz said:

We won in 3rd gear. Have to be happy with that given it was not our first 11.

Yes, but not happy we were happy to stay in 3rd gear.

I know we have to pace ourselves but ...