EFL Cup: West Ham v Man Utd (A) - Wednesday 22nd September, 19:45

Comments

• Love it. Great game to watch.
  • I knew we'd win, never doubted for a second 😆
  • Really happy for Moyes. Think he was hard done by at Man Utd. And honestly think he's a better manager than Solksjaer, who has three times the team/money Moyes had and still can't win a trophy.

And happy for Noble after Sunday.
  • Great win and some great performances. I just don't like Yarmo as a player.
  • Imagine if Chelsea and Spurs go out....

If someone can Fluke past City/Liverpool this is a very winnable Trophy.
  • A nice run out for Mark Noble.
    Still got the legs 😂
  • Kral must be so happy first game, he did well
  • Sideshow Bob had a good game
  • Thought, given the respective reserve 11s, that was superb.
  • Carlton Cole so excited in the commentary box!!
  • lets see who we get, Citeh away knowing our luck
  • Draw coming up, too.

I'm am 99% sure we will get City or Liverpool away.
  • Nearly my bedtime, they need to crack on.
  • Great result , performance…
    - defence included the much criticised Dawson was excellent..
    - Not sure all the negative comments re Yarmelenko … Made Vlasic look useless and not bothered/ up to speed…
    - Bowen had run his guts out and Vlasic strolling…
    - I really am not convinced with Vlasic and I know it’s early days , but so far IMO not impressed…
    - Well done you Irons….⚒️
  • Good result. Also good to see that most of Man Utd’s expensive B team wouldn’t get near our first team ( if that makes sense ).
  • Kral, Dawson, Diop and Bowen were the standout players tonight I thought. Fornals was class when he came on too.

We're getting there in terms of depth. Would have liked to see Bowen get a rest but the lack of options up front limits our ability to do that.

But a good result and a good performance.
  • I thought Vlasic looked sharp and decent, let’s not go too heavy on a guy so early in his career here

Kral looked a bit limited to me, worked hard but I think he’ll be nothing more than a squad filler
  • Diop looked excellent.
  • edited September 2021
    Fornals is such an important part of our set up now. He's matured greatly
  • That was Krals first game, give him a chance.
  • When is the draw?
  • Bowen was class for me
  • Carlton Cole is such a nice guy
  • That was Krals first game, give him a chance.

I know but I have watched him before. He’ll he ok with Rice but he is limited (IMO). There is not much more to give him a chance as he doesn’t offer much more than what he did today.
  • Is it still “ The Mickey Mouse Cup”?
  • We won. Look forward to bragging rights tomorrow and at the end of the season when Manu come second in everything and we win the Micky mouse cup. Happy days.
  • I don’t dislike Yarmo at all, I just don’t see him ever being an effective option for us.

Vlasic didn’t impress with that run, it looked like he thought nobody would chase him and that’s not good enough. If that had been Lingard it would have been a goal. But he showed some nice link up with Fornals and Bowen. He needs time.
  • Reckon we will get Brighton at Home as our Draw
  • Lukerz said:

That was Krals first game, give him a chance.

I know but I have watched him before. He’ll he ok with Rice but he is limited (IMO). There is not much more to give him a chance as he doesn’t offer much more than what he did today.
    He's only 23. Younger than Fornals was when he joined and remember how limited he looked initially.

More to come from Kral, IMO. Not as progressive as Rice, and probably not as much of a goal threat as Soucek, but as a destroyer who does the dirty work and breaks up play, I think he could be very good for us.
  • Slacker said:

Is it still “ The Mickey Mouse Cup”?

Depends who we get in the next round.